Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just get one that on the inner side as they get more sun. I had one towards the outer side which never got any son on the pool. It was freezing and the light breeze would make it feel really cold.
I had an outer one as well...it was cold in the pool!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by tylerc
Anyone notice (sorry for not reading back) that they've added service charges per night? Looks like about $170/night extra which will not be covered by points (if you look at the Sheraton online points booking it shows the service charge as extra). Wow.
Never heard of this. Are there other properties where you have to pay a service charge on points redemptions?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Never heard of this. Are there other properties where you have to pay a service charge on points redemptions?
It's new from what i can tell...I see it at W and Sheraton as well.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:21 pm

It's new from what i can tell...I see it at W and Sheraton as well.
Cannot check W or St.Regis because points redemptions are not available online as far as I know. For Sheraton I am not sure where you see this. There is a boat transfer charged on top of 20k pts but no service charge!?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Cannot check W or St.Regis because points redemptions are not available online as far as I know. For Sheraton I am not sure where you see this. There is a boat transfer charged on top of 20k pts but no service charge!?
Check the rates for november on points at sheraton...i see a per night service charge not covered by points.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:03 am

St. Regis says the change is due to tax regulation, and they have to show taxes and service charges separately. I've reached out to determine if points cover the SC now or not, as it was definitely included before. For Sheraton in November here's what I see:

Base room rate excludes
  • BOAT TRANSFER of USD 136 Per Person / Per Stay
  • SERVICE CHARGE of USD 34 Per Room / Per Night

I'll let you know what their response is to whether or not it is covered by points.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:22 am

St. Regis says the change is due to tax regulation, and they have to show taxes and service charges separately. I've reached out to determine if points cover the SC now or not, as it was definitely included before. For Sheraton in November here's what I see:

Base room rate excludes
  • BOAT TRANSFER of USD 136 Per Person / Per Stay
  • SERVICE CHARGE of USD 34 Per Room / Per Night

I'll let you know what their response is to whether or not it is covered by points.
They responded that the service charge for the room is covered on points. It looks like sheraton shows it in error in one place, but not on the actual booking page.
So, in summary there's no change.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:53 pm

Thanks for the confirmation
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
So seems like the leaked T&C were right and the StR is bookable on points but the W is not. Additionally only garden villa is bookable on points and there are just 4 of those in the resort.

I'd recommend booking those with cash as guest right now and then adding SPG number & converting booking to points once systems are live. Better act fast as I can see the availability quickly vanishing for any 5-nights period.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Im so glad I stayed here last year before they took away the ability to redeem for over the water villas!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by porkie
So seems like the leaked T&C were right and the StR is bookable on points but the W is not. Additionally only garden villa is bookable on points and there are just 4 of those in the resort.

I'd recommend booking those with cash as guest right now and then adding SPG number & converting booking to points once systems are live. Better act fast as I can see the availability quickly vanishing for any 5-nights period.

How do you know only one garden villa will be available on points?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

StR is bookable on points but the W is not. Additionally only garden villa is bookable on points and there are just 4 of those in the resort.
predictable, thanks
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:32 am

How do you know only one garden villa will be available on points?
On dates where garden villas are sold out, award stays show up as sold out as well.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
Im so glad I stayed here last year before they took away the ability to redeem for over the water villas!
Id rather take garden villa at 16k SPG rather than OVW for 58k. Then you can always negotiate a paid upgrade or maybe talk your way into the OVW.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:37 am

On dates where garden villas are sold out, award stays show up as sold out as well.
That's true, but how do you know there is only 1 bookable on points? I see availability as long as it's not sold out, so doesn't that mean anywhere from 1 - 4 could be bookable on points?

EDIT: My bad, I misread your post - I thought you said only ONE villa was bookable on points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.