Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So is check-in at 3 or isn't it?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
The hospitality industry, fortunately, has a lot of competition. In major (and even minor) cities, there are an array of lodging options. I really don't care if this is an isolated incident; if a property is going to pull this crap on an elite member, even once, I don't want to stay there.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
The hospitality industry, fortunately, has a lot of competition. In major (and even minor) cities, there are an array of lodging options. I really don't care if this is an isolated incident; if a property is going to pull this crap on an elite member, even once, I don't want to stay there.
Every place is going to have issues like this from time to time. It's the recovery process that really tells you how to judge the property. Those that just blow off the guest are the ones to be avoided, those that deal with the problem honestly and up-front are fine.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Then you're rapidly going to run out of hotels to stay at. I doubt there are any that aren't brand new that have never done something stupid like this.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
It's inappropriate at 3:59PM.

At 4:01PM, it's totally appropriate.
I've certainly gotten calls at 3:55-3:59pm when I had late checkout and had housekeeping knock on my door at exactly 4pm as I was gathering my luggage.

Strange that a manager wouldn't have thought of a temporary room to freshen up / put your things down while your VIP rooms were being prepared, and I think we should all proactively suggest such a thing if it was important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.