Wrong account merged

Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Angry Wrong account merged

I have 2 SPG accounts and I have requested SPG to merge the SECOND account into my FIRST account. Now, the merge has been completed but they made a HUGE mistake of merging my FIRST account into my SECOND account because I linked my Marriott account to my SECOND account (at that point of time, I didn't realize I have an existing SPG account). I specifically requested that my SECOND account to be merged into my FIRST account via their website.

My question is, how to undo the merge? I am beyond livid at this point. The least they can do is CONTACT me BEFORE making the decision on their own. I specifically requested that my SECOND account to be merged into my FIRST account. What can I do? Ugh.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
What is the issue? If all historical nights, points, status, upcoming stays etc. are merged into one account I can't quite see the problem.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Because I prefer the first account as my main account, hence the account merge request. No? Maybe you don't mind which account is your.main account but it matters to me. That's the purpose of filling up the form on the website via the specific account that you'd like to keep as main account. No?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Contact SPG and ask. No one here is going to be able to help you.

You may need something better than a numerology preference to convince them to invest the effort.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Will do. Thank you.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by angelicious
Will do. Thank you.
The least you could do is contact the “research” email address that’s prominently displayed on the ‘merge accounts’ webform and see what they say.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Well your member since is tied to the main account that's something that will matter say for lifetime status in terms of age.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:58 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Did you CAPITALIZE the appropriate WORDS when you made the REQUEST? I UNDERSTAND that can cause THIS kind of PROBLEM to HAPPEN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.