Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat

Any updates on the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel

Debating weather to stay here or the Hilton on a 1 night AMS stay.(in the yvr-otp deal)(scheduled to arrive 1:30p 4/7 and depart 4/8 at 9:30a- don't want to worry about shuttles/trains/cabs/metro, so choosing to stay by airport)

Appears that SPG is easier to get to-short walk-will be arriving via KLM

best price I see for SPG is 145 euro/night. That puts it right on the borderline(for me) of redeeming points(cat4-10K)

Best price I see for Hilton is 120 euro, so both are are close in price.

Any input

thia
\\//\\//

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 21, 2009 at 10:17 am Reason: Earlier thread is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/977355-sheraton-schipol-amsterdam-pre-2007-maste
Old Mar 25, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Just stayed there last night. It is super close (although the Hilton is only a slightly longer walk).

The lounge is ok. Open all day until 11 pm and has plenty of beer and other drinks. Not much food ... but Schiphol has a ton of choices. The breakfast is not bad.

Now just the value of 25 euros ... I see you are super status everywhere though :-)

-p
Old Mar 25, 2007, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
The Sheraton is a bit closer than the Hilton. I an staying there on a regular basis, will be there again in 10 days. This hotel offer a constant level of service, very good staff, nice rooms and are typically genereous with PLT upgrades.

The lounge is nothing to compare to the Sheration in FRA for example but since it has been expanded, you can now find a seat for breakfast.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We stayed there on March 31st and had a similar experience to OP-

What a nice surprise for an airport hotel !

We always try to schedule our flight back to the US for noon or later to avoid a hectic departure on the last day of our trip but Air France called us a few months before our vacation and told us our flight had been cancelled and they had moved us to a KLM flight. Now we had to check in at 5:30 AM.

If the Sheraton Amsterdam hadn't been such a pleasant experience it might have put a damper on our trip-- but the hotel was so accomodating, comfortable and convenient it took the pain out of our early am departure.

When we checked in we were greeted by a friendly agent who told us we had been upgraded to a suite. Our room was spacious and comfortable (I think it's the same room in OP's photos) We grabbed a snack in the (well stocked) club room and were able to have a relaxing evening, knowing we didn't have to worry about getting to the airport in the morning.

At 5:10, as planned, a bellman knocked on our door with a luggage cart and guided us to the KLM check-in-- a short 10 minute walk.

A few minutes later we were reading the paper and drinking coffee in the KLM lounge, amazed at how easy our morning had been.

We've stayed at airport hotels before, but none have been as nice as the Sheraton at Schiphol.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:36 pm

It is a great hotel and so convenient. Plus the Platinum recognition is excellent (unlike the FRA property) Will stay there anytime. The train to central is very convenient if you stay a few days.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:13 am

Stayed here 3 times in the last 2 years. It is perfect for pre- or post- flights out of Amsterdam. As a plat member I have always been upgraded to a 2 room suite (liv room, bedroom, 1.5 baths and foyer). The hotel appears very clean and modern. The service is very acceptable- all the staff is pleasant and helpful.

The club room is among the best: great breakfast spread - eggs, bacon, breads, cold meats, pastries, etc. Also - lots of warm/cold snacks the rest of the day. They have 2 computers available for a modest cost.

It is a quick train trip into Amsterdam (~20 minutes).
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
I agree completely with mikki. I've stayed here a few times in the last 12 month, and it's perfect for catching morning flights out of Schiphol. Also, good train service to the city.
Service levels is superb, very helpful and cooperative front desk and club room personnel. Club lounge is one of the better ones available.
RA
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:17 pm

Schiphol

I should add that the one negative I found was that the bar is exceptionally pricey. Other than that, good value and service all around.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
I stayed here earlier this year for one night and was very happy with my stay. After spending a week on business traveling around Belgium and the Netherlands and staying in several hotels that were uncomfortable and less than friendly, the Sheraton was a very relaxing way to spend the last night before my early morning flight home. The staff were very friendly, even to me who had no SPG status at the time. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Question Closing hours of Club Room?

Could anyone tell me how late the Clubroom is open and has food late Sunday evening? My flight does not arrive into AMS until 8:30 PM and likely will not check-in until 9:00 PM at the earliest.

How is the hotel restaurant and is it pricey, if Club Room is closed.

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Could anyone tell me how late the Clubroom is open and has food late Sunday evening? My flight does not arrive into AMS until 8:30 PM and likely will not check-in until 9:00 PM at the earliest.

How is the hotel restaurant and is it pricey, if Club Room is closed.

Thanks.
I was there on a Thursday night around 10:40PM about two weeks ago, believe they close at 11:00PM. Not sure if any schedule difference in Sunday. They have snacks and cake but don't see much else at late evenining.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 5:40 am

Quite coincidentally, I am in the club as I write this.

Schiphol Amsterdam Club opens at 7 am, closes at 11 pm, every day.

Breakfast served 7 am to 11 am. Hot snacks served at 5 pm until they run out (usually around 7:30 pm, sometimes much later). Pastries, chips, fruit, beverages (including complimentary beer and wine) available all day.

Usually very helpful person at desk. Club level guests can check in / out in lounge. Definitely an above-average lounge in Sheraton chain, and I've seen most of them.

RA
Old Jul 1, 2007, 6:54 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Effective today, July 1, the hotel goes non-smoking!!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:15 am
Suspended

I just returned from a one night layover at the hotel for a flight the next day to the US.

I just missed the evening hot items as we arrived at the lounge at around 8:30 PM and I was informed that they were removed at 8 PM -- this, however, was a Sunday night so YMMV. However, various cheeses, dips, breads, were available until closing. No desserts were later put out, but again, this was a Sunday night, so it may be different mid-week. Of course, all sorts of drinks were complimentary. Also, a huge glass bowl of Hopjes coffee candies available for guests -- and I took a handful as I had been introduced to these as a kid at my grandmother's house.

Was informed that I could not take stuff out of the lounge -- e.g. Cokes, etc. by next morning's attendant but evening attendant permitted this so again, YMMV.

Did not have breakfast in the Lounge as attendant advised that THE MORE EXTENSIVE BREAKFAST BUFFET DOWNSTAIRS IN THE RESTAURANT WAS AFVAILABLE GRATIS TO ALL MEMBERS WHO STAY ON CLUB FLOORS.

In addition to the usual scrambled eggs and bacon, there was veal sausage, lox (and when they ran out of this they replaced it with cooked and peeled popcorn shrimp), mussels, herring in mustard sauce, roast beef, various sorts of ham and sausage meats, various cheeses and breads, etc.

I saw one person make two sandwiches of some of the above and it appeared that they wer going to take it upstairs for use later in the day as lunch -- which I thought was a good idea, but as I was flying home, it was not useful to me in that instance.

Club Room was well air-conditioned and bathroom was clean, although the shower stall did leak water, and the floor had what appeared to be lipstick or red magic marker staining our rug -- it was not blood, of that I am sure. Two bottles of water and a tin of cookies were also provided gratis. One lousy thing was the stinky smelly awful pink Sheraton shampoo that was supplied as one of the toilitries. I have had much better stuff from 4 Points, no less!

Location can't be beat and it came in handy to pick up dinner salad from one of the restos in the airport, as well as proving helpful to allow us to change our tix the next day for a non-stop reward flight back home.

All in all, I would stay at this property again if the price point and bonuses were right, as this was still quite a pricey airport property -- but then again, many of the airport hotels and downtown hotels seem to be steepsly priced, and at least at this hotel, you do not have to pay for a ride to/from the airport on what you would normally would be a free shuttle bus ride offered by the hotel.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jul 26, 2007 at 7:33 pm
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Any recent stay reports?

I'm planning on staying 2 nights in April. Any Platinum suite upgrades? How much is the train to/from Central Station?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.