Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You've already mentioned that you are paying C&P, I feel that no matter what room you get it will be above mediocre for your value. Your info shows that you are SPG gold, so the lounge and breakfast will not apply in this case. There is only one type of room you will be put in for C&P's at either hotel, most likely you will not be upgraded.

I myself would rather stay near the city than at the airport location, just so I can soak up more of what life is like there. I'm sure if you were horribly dissatisfied with the room given to you that you could at least try and ask them for a different room. For $90 and 4800 or so points I feel this is an excellent deal and I think you should spend more time on looking up things you would like to do or explore in the city. I hope you enjoy your trip!
Thanks. That's why I post and read here! Honestly, my biggest concern with hotels is value.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DHAST
I'm overpaying for a mediocre hotel, I want to know.
The Pulitzer isn't mediocre. I think the main reason for the negative posts on the Pulitzer is that it is classed as a "Luxury" hotel. People staying for the first time are disappointed to find that it isn't really what they expect of a luxury hotel. It is more of a business class hotel. So if you lower your expectations to that, you should be fine.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I strongly recommend Intercontinental's 2 for 1 promo, which often results in rates around Euro 60-90 in AMS, very often even Euro 30-40 for the Holiday Inn Seaport Beach property in Ijmuiden, a 30 minute ferry ride away that gets you right into Amsterdam. Nice, modern, renovated hotel.

While the Pulitzer is overrated as a Luxury Collection hotel, however is still a nice hotel in a more than perfect location, the Sheraton is also one of the better airport hotels in Europe, however I never felt that they rank among the better choices in value for money/value for Starpoints.

The Citizen M at the airport is also worth mentioning when it comes to value for money and the train from the airport to Amsterdam Central runs every 15 minutes at ~ 2.50 a ride, so staying at the airport with the convenience of so many shops nearby should not be underestimated. Even if you do not have lounge access, a quick hop to Starbucks and Albert Heijn Express in the terminal building gets you a coffee, fresh fruit, a smoothie and a pastry for Euro 7-8
Old May 5, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
Ijmuiden
IJmuiden

'ij' / 'IJ' is considered as being one letter, on a proper (old) Dutch typewriter there was even a separate key (never used a Dutch keyboard).
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've spent the last 10 days in Apeldoorn, with temps about 35C/94F all week in a home with no air conditioning and no fans.

I've decided to spend my last night in the Netherlands here, rather than get up early Tuesday and take a very early train. For $60US and 4000 pts. It's a pretty attractive C&P deal. I'm going to enjoy the fitness center and enjoy the loving caresses of air conditioning.

A few questions - coming from the train station, how long of a walk is it to the hotel? I will have 2 large bags and wonder if I'll need a cart. Also, what is the current status of the lounge? Will I be able to check in and out there (Monday arrival and Tuesday departure). Also, are there luggage carts at the hotel I can take with me to check in at the airport?

On a C&P rate, do I have any chance of an upgraded room? To be honest, I'm alone and it's just one night, so it's more curiosity than anything else.

I'll post my impressions of the hotel after I get back home....or maybe from the hotel itself.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RichMSN
A few questions - coming from the train station, how long of a walk is it to the hotel? I will have 2 large bags and wonder if I'll need a cart. Also, what is the current status of the lounge? Will I be able to check in and out there (Monday arrival and Tuesday departure). Also, are there luggage carts at the hotel I can take with me to check in at the airport?
It's about 150 meters walk, and there are free carts at the top of the escalator from the train tracks. There is also an elevator from the tracks. And there is a moving walkway to take you up to the hotel level. So pretty easy.

On the way back, you can get a cart from one of the bellboys.

Not sure about the lounge. It keeps changing. You can try going straight up to the lounge and see if they will check you in.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Stayed here last week for one night prior to flight home. We didn't have a reservation as we intended to stay in the city center the night before, but after a bad night at the Renaissance and reminding ourselves of an 8:00am flight we decided to stay here. Rate was 170 Euro which seemed steep to me, but was cheaper than the dinky Hilton nearby.

Room was clean, but hotel seemed rough around the edges-baseboards were falling apart in hallway, peeling paint, etc. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Will be back next time I'm at Schipol airport.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by GMAmsterdam
...and free breakfast in the Club Lounge even if all the Club rooms are sold out and no upgrades possible for Platinums!

Kurt Renold
Area Manager The Netherlands
great to see a hotel actually participation in our forum.^
the rates are rediculous!!!
lucky im on a corp rate.
checked in yesterday the rooms are a reasonable size
there is wine all day in the club and the food at night was ok. friendly staff in club lounge.
very little info given on checkin.
went to the runway restaurant and had a mean club sandwich!
i would stay here again.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 7, 2010 at 10:54 pm
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Amsterdam

Airport Hotel, Schiphol.
One night stay stopover in one week's time.

Any comments / experiences? Any chance of free wi fi access?
Breakfast?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UK Flyer 1
Airport Hotel, Schiphol.
One night stay stopover in one week's time.

Any comments / experiences? Any chance of free wi fi access?
Breakfast?
Its a good property. Lots of Upgrades as a Platinum to either a club room, corner room or suite.

The lounge is nice and has a good selection of 2 hot appetizers and some cold options as well. Free booze of course.

Free internet for Platinums. Approx. 20 Euro for everyone else.

Also the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the train station (all indoor) and about 10-20 minutes to the check-in counters depending on which airline you are flying.

Also check out the master thread:

Master Thread
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Staying here in a couple weeks

I'll be staying at this hotel for a night later this month. I was strongly considering staying at a hotel in the heart of Amsterdam but this location seems convenient considering I have to catch a morning flight. This will be my second international Sheraton in the SPG property list, the other being the Sheraton Towers in Singapore which was fairly nice. I've always found that international Sheraton's tend to be much better in terms of overall quality and service from Sheraton's in the U.S. so I'm very much looking forward to this stay and providing a review upon my return.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:19 am
Company Representative - Starwood Area Manager the Netherlands

Originally Posted by stylo4444
I'll be staying at this hotel for a night later this month. I was strongly considering staying at a hotel in the heart of Amsterdam but this location seems convenient considering I have to catch a morning flight. This will be my second international Sheraton in the SPG property list, the other being the Sheraton Towers in Singapore which was fairly nice. I've always found that international Sheraton's tend to be much better in terms of overall quality and service from Sheraton's in the U.S. so I'm very much looking forward to this stay and providing a review upon my return.
We are looking forward to your stay and your review. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have a special request in Amsterdam!

Warm regards

Kurt Renold
Area Manager Starwood Hotels & Resorts The Netherlands
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
I have had very good experiences with the Sheraton at Schipol. 90%+ upgraded because of my platinum status. The lounge is ok and staff is very friendly. But it is a traditional airport hotel so do not expect a lot of soul.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flightjunk
I have had very good experiences with the Sheraton at Schipol. 90%+ upgraded because of my platinum status. The lounge is ok and staff is very friendly. But it is a traditional airport hotel so do not expect a lot of soul.
I've also stayed here more than a few times. It may not have a lot of "soul" but it is a very good airport hotel - excellent if small lounge, good and comfortable bar, decent rooms. And a nice, well trained staff.

Of course, it isn't the Pulitzer
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Of course, it isn't the Pulitzer
You mean you get reliable, good sized, clean rooms without AC failures or other issues and miss a lot of attitude from the front desk?

That would be a positive for me I wouldn't stay in the Pulitzer again if it was the only available property in the City, it is a shame really as my Starwood experience elsewhere in the Netherlands has been very positive. As a relatively new IC RA I will be taking the Amstel in the City in future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.