Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Stayed at the property recently on a saturday night and was upgraded to a 1bedroom, 1.5 bath suite, x56.

As mentioned earlier, the lounge is open from 7 a.m. - 11. p.m

Breakfast on a sunday morning was offered in the lounge and it was quite solid including sausages, bacon and eggs aside from the usual continental breakfast items.

During the day, the food offered consisted of pasta&tuna salad, black potatoe salad and a cold meat or fish option plus some nice pastries/cake.

Drink selection included beer and several soft drinks.

Attendants checked frequently to replenish the fridge or dishes.

On Saturday night, they offered the same salads as well as two hot options, a lasagne and rice with veggies and some more pastries/cake.

Considering the economic climate, I was more than satisfied, actually quite surprised about the quantity and quality of food offered in the lounge.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
In case anyone cares, I just got an email from this hotel to follow them on Twitter and Facebook. I don't use those things, but maybe someone here does.

The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel provides a social place for people to come together and share experiences. Become our fan on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter and be the first to receive our best deals and the latest news.

http://www.sheratonamsterdamairporth...A_301_NETH_NWE
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
I stayed here on Saturday night and without asking I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite with 1.5 baths and Club access. The room was very large, but could use new paint and carpet.

In many threads the reduction of bathroom amenities has been discussed. This hotel has not been part of this trend. I have never seen so many Bliss amenities in a bathroom - shaving kit, dental kit, comb are three items I have never seen before.

This hotel also could teach North American hotels what they should offer in their Club lounges! It was nice to see such a large selection in the lounge.

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight and the location can't be beat.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
In many threads the reduction of bathroom amenities has been discussed. This hotel has not been part of this trend. I have never seen so many Bliss amenities in a bathroom - shaving kit, dental kit, comb are three items I have never seen before.

This hotel also could teach North American hotels what they should offer in their Club lounges! It was nice to see such a large selection in the lounge.
I fully agree on both points. This hotel remains consistent and excellent ^
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a stay in Club room two weeks ago. Ditto on the amenities in the bathroom.

Club lounge had decent food in the evening with beer and wine.

Breakfast was either a very good continental breafast in the lounge or the option to have breakfast in the restaurant. As I had early departure, i choose the lounge with good choices of food.

I would return any time.....
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:39 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
While I've generally never had a problem with early morning checkin (8am) after arriving into Europe, it has happened a couple of times. Anyone been denied early check in at this property? (I'm plat if that makes a diff)
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
While I've generally never had a problem with early morning checkin (8am) after arriving into Europe, it has happened a couple of times. Anyone been denied early check in at this property? (I'm plat if that makes a diff)
Early check in isn't a Plat benefit. IC has this, but not Starwood. I've never tried it at this property in any case
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:59 am
Company Representative - Starwood Area Manager the Netherlands

There is an early arrival fee for arrivals before 9am, but Platinum are not charged (subject to availability)

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel!

Kurt Renold
Area Manager The Netherlands

Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by GMAmsterdam
There is an early arrival fee for arrivals before 9am, but Platinum are not charged (subject to availability)

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel!

Kurt Renold
^^ Another reason why this is a preferred location over the Pulitzer where they will try to charge that fee and deny you breakfast even though the upgraded "room description" includes it.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:52 am

Since March 1 we include breakast and free internet for all Platinums at the Pulitzer as well. ^

Welcome to Amsterdam

Kurt Renold

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
^^ Another reason why this is a preferred location over the Pulitzer where they will try to charge that fee and deny you breakfast even though the upgraded "room description" includes it.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GMAmsterdam
Since March 1 we include breakast and free internet for all Platinums at the Pulitzer as well. ^

Welcome to Amsterdam

Kurt Renold
Thanks a lot for the heads up.

Is breakfast for Platinum cardholders included at the Des Indes as well since that date ?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:36 am

No, the Executive room rates in Hotel Des Indes are not including breakfast. Therefore the upgradingh to Executive rooms for Platinums doesn't include breakfast either. Wireless internet, however, is free as well for Platinums.

Regards

Kurt Renold

Originally Posted by FD1971
Thanks a lot for the heads up.

Is breakfast for Platinum cardholders included at the Des Indes as well since that date ?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:06 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for the personal reply Mr Renold.

------------------

I don't mind paying a premium for my preferred hotel brands but sometimes I feel pricing is out of whack.

As an example, the cheapest room rate (pre-paid) at Sheraton Schiphol for the dates I want is 159 Euro, The CitizenM hotel http://www.citizenmamsterdamairport.com/ (a hotel that also is only a short walk from Schiphol) is 69 Euro (pre-paid).

Again, I know the room/bed/experience is of higher quality at the Sheraton, but IMO not 90+ Euro more.

--
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:04 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD

------------------

I don't mind paying a premium for my preferred hotel brands but sometimes I feel pricing is out of whack.

As an example, the cheapest room rate (pre-paid) at Sheraton Schiphol for the dates I want is 159 Euro, The CitizenM hotel http://www.citizenmamsterdamairport.com/ (a hotel that also is only a short walk from Schiphol) is 69 Euro (pre-paid).

Again, I know the room/bed/experience is of higher quality at the Sheraton, but IMO not 90+ Euro more.

--
I just had to make the exact same decision with the Citizen M at Schiphol 50% less. I booked with Citizen M.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:51 am
Suspended

------------------

--
I see your point, but discounts of 20 % would probably not generate 25 % more guests to make up for the losses, so while I would also love to see the Sheraton priced more attractively, it would not be worth it.... and probably attract a certain demographic that does not fit with too well with the expectations of many guests and the owners...

You cannot compare a 14 sqm. room at a 4* hotel with a full service 5* Sheraton attached to the airport. I agree it is pretty expensive, but isn't it about location, location, location...? The new Holiday Inn Schiphol is often even cheaper than the CM, but one is also under the impression that is closer to Rotterdam than Amsterdam.

On a sidenote, the high prices backed up one of the best club lounges in Europe, very decent food, excellent views, open on weekends, far superior to the Hilton down the long walkway.

On a another sidenote, excellent Platinum treatment, but as you pointed out not always enough to justify Euro 90 more for a short one night stay, e.g. for an early departure to the US...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.