Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]

Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
AIRPORT PICKUP
About US$90
Print Wikipost

The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]

Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by luna6
On the final night of a splendid 3 night stay here. I received an upgrade to an Executive Ocean View Suite without asking (this is my 4th stay here & first time upgraded to a suite). There seems to be quite a few Americans staying here for a ship/engineering contract and perhaps as a nod to them the club lounge served American style barbecue ribs which tasted better than any of the Voodoo Barbecue restaurants I frequent back in New Orleans. I'll be back this summer to see all the peeps on Haeundae Beach.
Ha, go try the Park Hyatt around the corner!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
Ha, go try the Park Hyatt around the corner!
Next year I do plan on getting status at Hyatt this April for a possible status challenge there as a backup to SPG. Why? For Busan, Fukuoka and Jeju where SPG has low coverage. But that's not to say I don't enjoy Westin Busan. Sure Park Hyatt is new & slick, but no matter how hard someone tries ... they can't open the glass walls there to feel the ocean breeze on their skin or wakeup to the sounds of the waves crashing against the beach. That's priceless to me. Or during the summer get a view of all the people sunbathing out on Haeundae Must admit though I am curious about the Park Hyatt.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I am staying at the Westin Busan November 25 for 4 nights. I read on tripadvisor, in a review, that the hotel offers free transportation from the airport.

I cant seem to find information on that anywhere. Is this true? If so, how can I set this up?

Also, anymore recent reviews of this hotel?

thanks in advance!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I am staying at the Westin Busan November 25 for 4 nights. I read on tripadvisor, in a review, that the hotel offers free transportation from the airport.

I cant seem to find information on that anywhere. Is this true? If so, how can I set this up?

thanks in advance!
Unaware of any such service. I had the hotel pick me up from the train station and I paid for it. I am a plat.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver

thanks in advance!
Not mentioned in the transportation options on the website as well.

Last edited by lcpteck; Nov 23, 2014 at 1:03 pm Reason: Wrong property link
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
There's a shuttle bus that goes to and from the hotel to the airport. It's not free, but price is reasonable. I've stayed in just about every type of room here. For anybody interested, the rooms to get imo (descending order):

1a) Executive Suite. It's on the corner of the building facing Haeundae beach/ocean. I've only had this room on the far right side of building (when facing out onto Haeundae beach). Great view of the ocean in living room and bedroom has nice view of Dongbaek Island (can't see much of the beach since you are on the far right).

1b) Executive Grand Room. These rooms are situated in the middle of the building facing out onto Haeundae beach. It's one really large room (about the size of 2 deluxe rooms) and view is probably the best, since you can see all of the beach area + ocean. My wife prefers this room, I slightly prefer the Executive Suite, but you should be really happy with either one.

3) Executive Park View (if you get the corner room). Room is basic, but since its in the corner, you get a nice view of the harbor + view of the street where the Grand Hotel is situated. Can see lots of bright lights from nearby buildings at night.

4) Family Suite. You get a boring park view + bedroom Dongbaek Island. If you have kids this is probably the best option. Has small kitchen area, living room, bedroom. View is the worst compared to the three listed above.

5) Executive Beach View/Deluxe Beach View. Room is small with bed taking up most of the area. Desk area is reasonably spacious. Nice view of Haeundae Beach, but the window is about half as wide as the Executive Grand Room (think 4x3 versus widescreen). Between Executive and Deluxe - rooms are same except Executive gives you higher floor.

6) Executive Park View/Deluxe Park View. Faces park. Its small and feels like any hotel in the world. Wouldn't stay here unless some kind of special rate or have an event to go to and not going to spend much time in room.

Never had the Ondol Suite or President Suite.

Last edited by luna6; Nov 21, 2014 at 12:21 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Not mentioned in the transportation options on the website as well.
So I went ahead and emailed the hotel. They set up a car service for me for $90. A guy will be waiting with my name on a sign...I don't need anything that fancy but its all they offered. Since I'm arriving very late and traveling for work, I went ahead and accepted!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
So I went ahead and emailed the hotel. They set up a car service for me for $90. A guy will be waiting with my name on a sign...I don't need anything that fancy but its all they offered. Since I'm arriving very late and traveling for work, I went ahead and accepted!
Thanks for the info.

The property page (I linked the wrong Westin Chosun, have corrected my previous link) doesn't show hotel pickup was available, will post this in Wiki.

Last edited by lcpteck; Nov 23, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
ondol rooms?

Does anyone have any experience staying in the ondol rooms here? They appear to be available for standard point redemptions. Is it just a western style room, minus the western bed - or is it more traditionally decorated? Are there any with beach views? I cannot find any photos online.

Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Was here past weekend for 2 nights.

Plat recognition was excellent, had a BRG rate but upgraded to an executive grand room.

500 points plus hot breakfast buffet at the 1st floor restaurant.

Can't complain!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Anyone who has stayed here and at the Park Hyatt Busan have a preference? I'm top tier at both chains and the prices are identical for the weekend I am coming to town.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone who has stayed here and at the Park Hyatt Busan have a preference? I'm top tier at both chains and the prices are identical for the weekend I am coming to town.
I've stayed at both properties in the past year. The Park Hyatt is absolutely beautiful with great facilities and a stunning modern Korean interior design. Unfortunately, the location leaves a bit to be desired (it's in a neighborhood of high-end apartments/condos and probably a mile walk to the action of Haeundae). The Westin is incredibly outdated with small rooms (although I'm about 50% successful with suite upgrades here as an SPG Platinum and I've always at least received a room with a stunning view overlooking Haeundae Beach) but I highly value the location and service at the Westin. The Westin's executive lounge is good (very similar offerings/service to Westin Chosun Seoul) and the hotel is connected to a nice running trail around Dongbaek Park (I always look forward to morning runs here). The Westin is also half the walking distance into the center of Haeundae (although taxis are available at both properties).

Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Westin. But, admittedly, that's probably largely due to the added benefits of my Platinum status. The Park Hyatt is definitely a higher-end property, but I feel the Westin recognizes status better (I'm also a Diamond with Hyatt). You can't go wrong with either.

-FlyerBeek

Last edited by FlyerBeek; Aug 28, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I've stayed at both properties in the past year. The Park Hyatt is absolutely beautiful with great facilities and a stunning modern Korean interior design. Unfortunately, the location leaves a bit to be desired (it's in a neighborhood of high-end apartments/condos and probably a mile walk to the action of Haeundae). The Westin is incredibly outdated with small rooms (although I'm about 50% successful with suite upgrades here as an SPG Platinum and I've always at least received a room with a stunning view overlooking Haeundae Beach) but I highly value the location and service at the Westin. The Westin's executive lounge is good (very similar offerings/service to Westin Chosun Seoul) and the hotel is connected to a nice running trail around Dongbaek Park (I always look forward to morning runs here). The Westin is also half the walking distance into the center of Haeundae (although taxis are available at both properties).

Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Westin. But, admittedly, that's probably largely due to the added benefits of my Platinum status. The Park Hyatt is definitely a higher-end property, but I feel the Westin recognizes status better (I'm also a Diamond with Hyatt). You can't go wrong with either.

-FlyerBeek
Thank you - exactly the type of review of the differences I was looking for. Much appreciated you took the time.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Thank you - exactly the type of review of the differences I was looking for. Much appreciated you took the time.
Absolutely! If both properties are priced the same, I might lean more in favor of the Park Hyatt. I usually find it's more expensive (or my corporate rate isn't available) compared to the Westin.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Just came back from this hotel - fully agree that the hotel is incredibly outdated and really needs a little touch up.

The corridors to the rooms reminds me of hotels in the 90s.

The lobby is very neat and nice though.

If you're from the train station I reckon you can take a taxi - it's a reliable means of transport there. Should cost around 20k Won.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.