Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Grand Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...enovation-2197
Print Wikipost

St Regis Grand Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
St Regis Grand Hotel Roma

I don't see any threads on this hotel using the search function,
Any recent experiences ?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 11, 2009 at 9:44 am Reason: Merged into property master thread; thanks Forstbetrieb for link
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by couscous
I don't see any threads on this hotel using the search function. . .
couscous, for future reference, near the top of this forum you will find a sticky thread, titled, The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List. In that thread, we have created direct links to threads devoted to the vast majority of the most popular properties and cities around the world. In most cases, it's not even necessary to do a search. (Which is helpful, given the recent state of the search function on FT ).
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Can anyone provide directions on how to get to the St Regis from the train station? I've heard it's just a couple of blocks but that it is also a bit of a sketch area so don't want to get lost.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
Can anyone provide directions on how to get to the St Regis from the train station? I've heard it's just a couple of blocks but that it is also a bit of a sketch area so don't want to get lost.
Walk out the front of Termini and keep walking...literally. About three to four blocks tops.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Exit onto Piazza Cinque Cento (where all of the buses are). Walk straight ahead (staying on the sidewalk on the northern side), then when you get to the street, take a left for a half a block and then right staying to the northern side of Piazza della Repubblica and then walk straight. You will see the sign "Le Grand Hotel" on the top of the roof.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: AC*E, AA, Mar*S, SW*P, HTZ #1G, AVS Pref
disappointment, big time

this hotel was a real disappointment. checked in as a platinum, got a nice room - not a suite- but hey, it's the G8 summit - room was fine. lobby was pretty, the gf loved it. the room? it got a "its ok" from her. stayed at westin in venice and florence on the trip which were much nicer rooms, but from my personal experience the room size was fine for a regular, no-status room in a european major city. no mention of possible upgrade. also had booked a king bed, but got only a queen. i mentioned it to the lady who walked me to the room - but she simply shrugged and left. this was a MAJOR thumbs down.

service was absolutely awful. didn't get housekeeping at all one day, and 3 out of 4 days no turndown service. everything was covered in a layer of dust. complained to the front desk and they said sorry and sent a housekeeper - she finished the whole room in under 2 minutes, no towels. that took another 2 calls and finally a trip downstairs to the front desk to get them my d*ng self.

bathroom had ants all over the place. complained to the front desk - evidently it doesnt translate to italian, because nothing done about it.

window was broken - right by the bed, so was really really loud in the mornings (especially with all the police in the city for the G8). didnt close properly. they sent maintenance and he said "i can't fix this, i'll tell the GM". that did absolutely nothing. so we just woke up early every day. which SUCKED.

i have to say - i was really looking forward to this hotel on my trip - i stay at lots of westins and this was my first st regis - i was truly disappointed. is it worth contacting CCS about the broken window/no housekeeping? or just call it a lesson learned and stay away from hotel like this that are clearly not worth the extra dollars whatsoever. I did tell the receptionist upon leaving that I would be complaining to CCS - but not sure if it's even worth it.

Last edited by jeff3380; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:19 am Reason: fix error
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jeff3380
is it worth contacting CCS about the broken window/no housekeeping?
Definitely. I would also mention the ants, the wrong bed and the indifferent response to it all.

At a St. Regis, a customer should be able to expect more, much more, than you experienced.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:32 am
Community Director Emerita

jeff3380, you do all of us a service when you complain about such a substandard stay. There is something systemically wrong when so much can go awry. Senior management needs to be told, in hopes of correcting it for future guests.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:59 am

ok I'll send an email. can't hurt.

i will point out that the lobby/hallways/finishes of the hotel are fantastic. location is great. hopefully my experience won't be that of anyone else's.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Sounds like you just had some bad luck. I stayed there last month and had an excellent stay. My parents who are basic SPG members even got a great room. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. My parents loved it.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Bad luck to me would be one of these things; all of them at once seems less likely to be randomness. It's a nice hotel to be sure, but some of these comments (ants and lack of housekeeping) are beyond the pale for the type of service a hotel such as this wants in terms of perception and image. I think an email or letter is warranted, if for no othter reason than to alert the GM of how his or her staff is performing. If I were him or her, I'd appreciate knowing about it.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I have to say that imo situations like jeff3380's should be handled immediately on site by requesting to speak to the General Manager. One complaint to him should nicely take care of everything, perhaps even get you an upgraded change of room.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:32 pm

spoke to him - thats how we got a maintenance guy in the first place. however, after it still could not be fixed, never heard from him again. i guess he went out on the town or was spending some QT with the egyptian or south african presidents?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and AA Concierge Key
Originally Posted by jeff3380
this hotel was a real disappointment. checked in as a platinum, got a nice room - not a suite- but hey, it's the G8 summit - room was fine. lobby was pretty, the gf loved it. the room? it got a "its ok" from her. stayed at westin in venice and florence on the trip which were much nicer rooms, but from my personal experience the room size was fine for a regular, no-status room in a european major city. no mention of possible upgrade. also had booked a king bed, but got only a queen. i mentioned it to the lady who walked me to the room - but she simply shrugged and left. this was a MAJOR thumbs down.

service was absolutely awful. didn't get housekeeping at all one day, and 3 out of 4 days no turndown service. everything was covered in a layer of dust. complained to the front desk and they said sorry and sent a housekeeper - she finished the whole room in under 2 minutes, no towels. that took another 2 calls and finally a trip downstairs to the front desk to get them my d*ng self.

bathroom had ants all over the place. complained to the front desk - evidently it doesnt translate to italian, because nothing done about it.

window was broken - right by the bed, so was really really loud in the mornings (especially with all the police in the city for the G8). didnt close properly. they sent maintenance and he said "i can't fix this, i'll tell the GM". that did absolutely nothing. so we just woke up early every day. which SUCKED.

i have to say - i was really looking forward to this hotel on my trip - i stay at lots of westins and this was my first st regis - i was truly disappointed. is it worth contacting CCS about the broken window/no housekeeping? or just call it a lesson learned and stay away from hotel like this that are clearly not worth the extra dollars whatsoever. I did tell the receptionist upon leaving that I would be complaining to CCS - but not sure if it's even worth it.
I have a 5-night stay coming up in October. I seriously hope all the ants are gone by then....Maybe I'll put that in the special requests section
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:35 pm

i dare say they will be. my experience notwithstanding, its a really nice hotel.

I contacted CCS as you guys suggested - I'll let you know what happens, if anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.