Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have trouble with the Expedia/Starwood fall bonus? How'd you fix it?

Anyone else have trouble with the Expedia/Starwood fall bonus? How'd you fix it?

Old Feb 20, 2000, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

I still haven't gotten my 6K + points...anyone have any suggestions of an easy way to fix it?

Carberry
Old Feb 20, 2000, 11:49 pm
Original Member

Call your Platinum concierge or if you're not Platinum, the Gold SPG line. I assume you're at least Gold...
Old Feb 23, 2000, 11:40 am

Be persistent and elevate the issue within SPG services until you find someone who can make a decision on the issue.

I should have received 9,000 points for 5 stays. However, Expedia only gave me 7,000 points. When I tried SPG Platinum line, the customer rep referred me back to Expedia. After I emailed Expedia, Expedia emailed me back and asked me to contact SPG to solve the matter.

I was very frustrated by the miscommunication between SPG & Expedia. At the end, 2 months after I received initial 7,000 bonus points, SPG adjusted 2,000 points for my accounts as a "Goodwill points." Today, I still did not know whether those points were from Expedia's transfer or out SPG's own goodwill. Regardless, after experiencing Expedia services, I felt very fortunate to be a part of SPG.
Old Feb 26, 2000, 12:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I posted my experiences last year in a thread relating to Platinum.

It took me 15+ emails - mostly to Starwood - all sorts of gripes about being a Shareholder etc before they came.

I'm about to take up the cudgel for a friend of mine in the same boat, but I dread it!

Anyway, I won't use Expedia now and am very cynical about Starwood Promotions. (I earned Platinum last year and still wait a card and we're almost in the 3 months of 2000).

I doubt very much that Starwood will get much of my business in 2000.
Old Feb 26, 2000, 4:48 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I also had problems getting the 7000 point bonus for three hotels booked through Expedia for November stays. Two of the hotels went through OK and posted on my Starwood account. The third hotel didn't post and I had to send in my hotel receipt to get the hotel points posted to my account. Because the third hotel was posted a month after the first two I received only 2000 points when the Expedia bonus was added at the end of December. The third hotel posted in January for the hotel points, but I invested about five phone calls and several e-mails in an effort to get the last 5000 Expedia bonus points. I kept getting the runaround as to who was responsible for the promotion - Expedia or Starwood. Finally, just two weeks ago, several weeks after being assured the points would post at the end of January, I reached an agent over the phone who talked about the situation with a supervisor and the points were posted to my account. I sent an e-mail to Starwood thanking them for finally rectifying the error and pointed out how grateful I was to find an agent who would take charge. Two days later when I still didn't see the points in my account I called back to complain. The new agent I spoke with said the points were in my account and would post in the next day but she made the comment that the first agent overstepped his authority in posting the points. Anyway I did get the total 7000 points but it required a great deal of effort on my part. Be persistent.
Old Feb 27, 2000, 1:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
In the end what I did was to ask Starwood for the name of their Executive responsible for Liaison with Expedia. This sorted the problem (but still no card!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.