Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Alexandria

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 1999, 11:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sheraton Suites Alexandria

I'm planning a trip to DC in October and have booked a room at the Sheraton Suited Alexandria. I figured Old Town would have a decent nightlife and the price ($129) was right for a suite. Any opinions about this hotel vs. other Starwood properties in DC? How about great restaurants nearby?
Old Aug 16, 1999, 8:32 pm

I last stayed there about 5-6 years ago when it was relatively new. Staff were terribly inexperienced and not particularly motivated. Rooms were alright, but not overly large for suites. Location was good, close to the waterfront. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Breakfast was included in the rate and was served in a cozy little restaurant opposite the lobby. I'd go there again, if the price were right and I didn't want or need to be in DC or Georgetown.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 12:07 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't have any specific details on this Alexandria property (I think the one I'm thinking of at the Mark Center is actually a Radisson, but I might be confused). The Sheraton Premier in Tysons Corner/Vienna was also remodeled around the same time flyme2 describes their stay (5 years ago?) at Alexandria. It's a Tower style hotel (Premier) which is pretty good especially when there is no big convention overunning the place. Its got a good gym and excellent golf down the road too.

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 08-18-1999).]
Old Aug 17, 1999, 12:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Since I have a friend in Alexandria I'll probably stick with that hotel and let you all know how it was!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.