Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long to transfer SPG points to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Poster

I initiated a transfer on Saturday and still waiting. I'm looking to book a flight for Friday, any chance I get them in time?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by R2134
I initiated a transfer on Saturday and still waiting. I'm looking to book a flight for Friday, any chance I get them in time?
It should post before then, but occasionally I've had transfers skip a week and post the following week. Unfortunately there's no way to speed up the transfer or get a confirmation about when it will post. They post when they post and neither SPG nor AA is that helpful during the process.

Last edited by spgplat21; Mar 11, 2015 at 9:48 am
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Search keywords: transfer "aa"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...points-aa.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-transfer.html
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:24 pm

A little push

Originally Posted by R2134
I would send the airline an email asking for transfer time for a planned departure. The last time I did that is was transfer in three day. Tried talking to SPG and they said it's been sent once it has been deducted from your account.

I am not sure why it should take any time if it's automated. But, it's seem it's not for some airlines.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:26 pm

theoretically it is possible to have someone from the xfer department at spg manually push the points through for you although it's rare that they're willing to. I've had it done and within two hours the points posted. It just takes getting a person on the phone high enough on the food chain to make it happen and also takes a compelling reason.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:13 am

It happened

Originally Posted by crazypalooza
theoretically it is possible to have someone from the xfer department at spg manually push the points through for you although it's rare that they're willing to. I've had it done and within two hours the points posted. It just takes getting a person on the phone high enough on the food chain to make it happen and also takes a compelling reason.
Not sure who I talked to at AA, but they saw it and did not know why it did not move over. The next day it was in my AA membership. SPG could not do anything to expedite the process.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:36 pm

Initiated request on a Friday and had the miles deposited in my account in just over 24 hours.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Mine took not even 24 hours. Sne request one day in the afternoong, miles where there the next morning. Including the current bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.