Wiki Posts
Search

Points + Cash Ever Available?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
I've been collecting data on hotel award inventory based on "real world" searches in Hotel Hustle for a few months now. In that period I've recorded:

47,992 results where a room was available for cash covering 1030 different properties.
42,896 had award rooms for points on those same nights covering 1003 properties.
14,465 had C&P awards available covering 696 properties.

C&P is neither always nor never available. It is part of why I built a tool to help find it and alert you should it become available.

If there is a specific property you're curious about let me know and I'll see if I have data on it.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
So far less than 1/3 of the time C&P is available? And here I was told in this thread that my findings were off.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Agreed and well said ^
You are welcome and its so ridiculous. Sadly there is no quiz to get on the internet or this forum...So trolls be trolls.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Whistler

No C+P
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
but it's posts like this that make so many stop posting their thoughts and opinions as they are belittled far too often.
You are welcome and its so ridiculous. Sadly there is no quiz to get on the internet or this forum...So trolls be trolls.
LOL. How old are we? I'm very sorry that disagreeing with your subjective assessment by providing my own subjective assessment is "trolling", and apparently a clear case of stupidity.

Who's trolling who?

Last edited by reuthermonkey; Mar 9, 2015 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I've been collecting data on hotel award inventory based on "real world" searches in Hotel Hustle for a few months now. In that period I've recorded:

47,992 results where a room was available for cash covering 1030 different properties.
42,896 had award rooms for points on those same nights covering 1003 properties.
14,465 had C&P awards available covering 696 properties.

C&P is neither always nor never available. It is part of why I built a tool to help find it and alert you should it become available.

If there is a specific property you're curious about let me know and I'll see if I have data on it.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

THis is NOT subjective. This is completely OBJECTIVE....
But the response was as expected.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
THis is NOT subjective. This is completely OBJECTIVE....
But the response was as expected.
HIS objective assessment which defies YOUR subjective statements:

You asked: "Points + Cash Ever Available?"
Answer: Yes. Apparently in 14,465 of his searches.

You asked: "Why offer it as a feature if none of the properties are ever honoring it?"
Answer: 696 of the 1030 properties polled offer it.

So, is 14,645 > 0 (ie "not ever")? Yes.
Is 696 > 0 (ie "none") ? Yes.
Those are facts, using your own definitions in your OP.

Is your assessment that "none" of the properties "ever" offer C&P absurd? Yes. Does that mean you have to be happy with it? Of course not! Does that mean that everyone who disagrees with you as a troll? Depends on how insecure you are, apparently.

Last edited by reuthermonkey; Mar 9, 2015 at 1:29 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Hahahha.

Thanks for the PMs people. I see now what you are speaking of. And yes, apparently you have to spell things out rather clearly or the literal word is mocked. Its absolutely hysterial.

EDIT: And nice edit...Way to add 2 hours after the fact. Classic George Costanza jerk store move....Yeah, Im the insecure one....HAHAHHAHA

Last edited by TheTourVan; Mar 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:40 pm

It adds a level of hassle, but I have had a few properties that I frequent on a somewhat regular basis that have been responsive to a fax to the GM asking about C&P availability...if they have rooms, they have often accommodated the request even though it never appeared on the website for the dates in question.

As to claims of 'I looked and I found plenty...' -the question isn't necessarily whether they EVER have it at a destination but rather whether availability exists when one is traveling and whether it exists at the property one wants to stay at for the trip. As an example, I have had plenty of times that it was available in an outlying area but not downtown...and if I have to deal with cabs or renting a car, it simply isn't viable for that trip. Good example of that was this past week when I had to be in North Texas...I could have gotten a cash and points room somewhere more than 20 miles from where I needed to be. Since I was trying to minimize time driving in the freakish North Texas snow in March, those rooms don't work on a trip like that...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Before it was a no brainer, you go with C&P. Now it's not really the case. In some cases where I found C&P was offered I still went with the cash option because it was such a bad deal. I think the hotels are playing games, they offer it when it's to their advantage (they're offering low rates anyway, and using C&P might lower your payment, but you lose a ton of points for that privilege.)

Just saying, I use to use C&P a lot before the "new C&P", and now even if they are offered it's such a bad deal I don't use it.
This

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.