Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Promo Landing Page: https://www.spg.com/uber
SPG + Uber FAQ: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF
SPG + Uber T&Cs: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF

UPDATE: October 26, 2017
Effective December 17, 2017 the SPG partnership with Uber will come to an end.

Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017.

If the stay overlaps with the program end date, you will still earn 2 starpoints per USD 1 spent on Uber rides taken during your stay. Any rides taken after 11:59 on December 17, 2017 even if taken during a stay that originated on or before December 17, 2014 will not earn starpoints on that uber ride.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will members stop earning Starpoints on their Uber rides?
Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits.

If members have a stay that overlaps with the program end date, will they still earn 2 Starpoints per US$1 spent on Uber rides taken during the stay?
Yes, members who check-in for a Stay prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017 and have an Uber pick-up time prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits, will earn 2 Starpoints for every U.S. dollar or its foreign equivalent denomination spent for fares on the Uber ride(s). Any rides taken after 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, even if taken during a stay that originated on or prior to December 17, 2017, will not earn Starpoints on the Uber ride(s). To earn Starpoints for any Uber ride the member must have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year.

Why did I recently have a delay in my Starpoints posting for my Uber rides?
An issue was identified affecting Uber rides over the last month that delayed the posting of points to member accounts. We have since fixed this issue and members should receive all ride credits within the stated 2-4 week period.

UPDATE: January 18, 2017
Uber Partnership Update
  • During Hotel stay: Members will earn two Starpoints per US$1 spent with Uber (versus two, three or four Starpoints per US$1, depending on member tier).
  • Everyday: members will earn one Starpoint per US$2 spent with Uber (versus one Starpoint per US$1).

With your SPG and Uber accounts linked and you have met a requirement of ONE qualifying stay in the current calendar year, SPG members will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Uber on every day rides. For rides during stays, SPG members will earn 2 points per dollar spent on Uber (Preferred), 3 points per (Gold or Platinum), or 4 points per (Plat75).

There is a maximum of $10,000 in points-earning spend with Uber per calendar year. This means that you could have up to 40,000 SPG points with this promotion (if you were a Plat75 and only used Uber while on SPG stays and maxed out $10,000 in Uber services).

Bangkok - Charged in local currency THB.
Beijing - Charged in USD.
Delhi - Charged in local currency INR.
Guangzhou - Charged in USD.
Ho Chi Minh City - Charged in local currency VND.
Hong Kong - Charged in local currency HKD.
London - Charged in local currency GBP (American Express)
Hyderabad - Charged in local currency INR.
Kolkata - Charged in local currency INR.
Kuala Lumpur - Charged in local currency MYR.
Mumbai - Charged in local currency INR.
Penang - Charged in local currency MYR.
Seoul - Charged in local currency KRW.
Santiago de Chile - Charged in local currency CLP when using MC, charged in USD when using Amex.
Shanghai - Charged in USD.
Singapore - Charged in local currency SGD.
Taipei - Charged in local currency TWD.
Tokyo - Charged in local currency JPY.
Toronto - Charged in local currency CAD.
UAE - Charged in local currency AED
Print Wikipost

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Am I correct in my understanding that I can "double dip" this? i.e. My AmEx charge card is linked and earns 2x MR points per dollar spent on Uber when I use it to pay for the ride and now I'll earn 1 Starpoint per Uber ride as well?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by immaculate
Am I correct in my understanding that I can "double dip" this? i.e. My AmEx charge card is linked and earns 2x MR points per dollar spent on Uber when I use it to pay for the ride and now I'll earn 1 Starpoint per Uber ride as well?
Yes, that is correct. I'll be using my CSP and earning 3 miles per Uber ride now (2 UR, 1 SPG)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
LOVE this! The during stay bonus is a nice incentive too. Great innovation by SPG.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by invalyd
Yes, that is correct. I'll be using my CSP and earning 3 miles per Uber ride now (2 UR, 1 SPG)
Awesome - thanks for confirming. What a great benefit.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:06 am

LOVE THIS
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I honestly dont remember the last time Starwood got such universal praise here on FT
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
One lingering question here is that Starwood will be gathering a lot of data about travel patterns of SPG members with Delta, EK and now Uber. Just what do we think they will do with this data? There is clearly a plan afoot, this isn't a goodwill gesture.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:23 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Plat, BAEC Silver, TP Gold
I can't wait to use Uber again! Too bad they are not too common here in Switzerland yet... and still under some legal scrutiny but I'll for sure use them during my trips!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
One lingering question here is that Starwood will be gathering a lot of data about travel patterns of SPG members with Delta, EK and now Uber. Just what do we think they will do with this data? There is clearly a plan afoot, this isn't a goodwill gesture.
It's all part of the international communist conspiracy.

Seriously, though, you're not required to link up. You could also look at this as an opportunity for two of your preferred travel suppliers to work together to improve the level of service you receive from them.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I LOVE this partnership. Way to go Starwood!!!

And for Uber - kudos to you... because I used to be indifferent to using you, Lyft, Sidecar and anyone else... you are all priced similarly and so I just took the closest car. But now, I'm 100% Uber all the way.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I LOVE this partnership. Way to go Starwood!!!

And for Uber - kudos to you... because I used to be indifferent to using you, Lyft, Sidecar and anyone else... you are all priced similarly and so I just took the closest car. But now, I'm 100% Uber all the way.
Absolutely agree: Will wait 5 mins for an uber rather than hailing a cab. Also increases the value of SPG a little versus other programs.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
That's something I was also pondering. When linking the accounts, it is noted Starwood will get access to potentially sensitive data, such as pickup and dropoff points. I guess everyone will have to weigh their options, here.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:42 am

If Uber drivers are aware of this, they could potential linger around starwood hotels more. Could lead to quicker pickups.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Damn, just came back from a 2-week trip to Mumbai staying at *woods and using Uber almost daily!

Great news though...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
We are excited to announce a one of a kind partnership with Uber...
Lurker: Don't see this information in the T&C. Could you please address:

1. Will a reward night stay on SPG points trigger the start of accruing points while using Uber? Or does it have to be a paid stay?

2. For those with an Uber ride credit for referring other Uber customers- will those rides also receive SPG points according to the cost of the ride?

Thx!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.