Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Promo Landing Page: https://www.spg.com/uber
SPG + Uber FAQ: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF
SPG + Uber T&Cs: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF

UPDATE: October 26, 2017
Effective December 17, 2017 the SPG partnership with Uber will come to an end.

Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017.

If the stay overlaps with the program end date, you will still earn 2 starpoints per USD 1 spent on Uber rides taken during your stay. Any rides taken after 11:59 on December 17, 2017 even if taken during a stay that originated on or before December 17, 2014 will not earn starpoints on that uber ride.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will members stop earning Starpoints on their Uber rides?
Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits.

If members have a stay that overlaps with the program end date, will they still earn 2 Starpoints per US$1 spent on Uber rides taken during the stay?
Yes, members who check-in for a Stay prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017 and have an Uber pick-up time prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits, will earn 2 Starpoints for every U.S. dollar or its foreign equivalent denomination spent for fares on the Uber ride(s). Any rides taken after 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, even if taken during a stay that originated on or prior to December 17, 2017, will not earn Starpoints on the Uber ride(s). To earn Starpoints for any Uber ride the member must have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year.

Why did I recently have a delay in my Starpoints posting for my Uber rides?
An issue was identified affecting Uber rides over the last month that delayed the posting of points to member accounts. We have since fixed this issue and members should receive all ride credits within the stated 2-4 week period.

UPDATE: January 18, 2017
Uber Partnership Update
  • During Hotel stay: Members will earn two Starpoints per US$1 spent with Uber (versus two, three or four Starpoints per US$1, depending on member tier).
  • Everyday: members will earn one Starpoint per US$2 spent with Uber (versus one Starpoint per US$1).

With your SPG and Uber accounts linked and you have met a requirement of ONE qualifying stay in the current calendar year, SPG members will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Uber on every day rides. For rides during stays, SPG members will earn 2 points per dollar spent on Uber (Preferred), 3 points per (Gold or Platinum), or 4 points per (Plat75).

There is a maximum of $10,000 in points-earning spend with Uber per calendar year. This means that you could have up to 40,000 SPG points with this promotion (if you were a Plat75 and only used Uber while on SPG stays and maxed out $10,000 in Uber services).

Bangkok - Charged in local currency THB.
Beijing - Charged in USD.
Delhi - Charged in local currency INR.
Guangzhou - Charged in USD.
Ho Chi Minh City - Charged in local currency VND.
Hong Kong - Charged in local currency HKD.
London - Charged in local currency GBP (American Express)
Hyderabad - Charged in local currency INR.
Kolkata - Charged in local currency INR.
Kuala Lumpur - Charged in local currency MYR.
Mumbai - Charged in local currency INR.
Penang - Charged in local currency MYR.
Seoul - Charged in local currency KRW.
Santiago de Chile - Charged in local currency CLP when using MC, charged in USD when using Amex.
Shanghai - Charged in USD.
Singapore - Charged in local currency SGD.
Taipei - Charged in local currency TWD.
Tokyo - Charged in local currency JPY.
Toronto - Charged in local currency CAD.
UAE - Charged in local currency AED
Print Wikipost

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hiima
I'd think that they'd round up and you'd get 1 point.
if they do then that would be great....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Anyone think this reduction in points through Uber is part of the 'Marriott squeeze'?
No
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:41 am

What a bummer regarding the reduction!!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I wonder if it's Uber backing away from Starwood? I now see Uber-related marketing, links, etc. on all sorts of hotel sites. Perhaps they find it more in their interest to be seen as more brand-agnostic when it comes to hotels.

In any case, I barely notice the bonus Starwood points from Uber rides, so I'm not losing too much sleep over this one. In cities where I have a choice, I use Lyft anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I wonder if it's Uber backing away from Starwood? I now see Uber-related marketing, links, etc. on all sorts of hotel sites. Perhaps they find it more in their interest to be seen as more brand-agnostic when it comes to hotels.

In any case, I barely notice the bonus Starwood points from Uber rides, so I'm not losing too much sleep over this one. In cities where I have a choice, I use Lyft anyway.
Probably not.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinniped

IIRC, the starwood/uber "partnership" was the first. Perhaps now that instant ride sharing apps have become/are the norm, perhaps the partnership didn't pan out as planned

Perhaps, Uber doesn't need to attach itself to Starwood. Was there was an exclusivity in the initial agreement that enticed us by offering more points. Now with more uber drivers and other ride sharing companies, neither partner is "winning"? What is the benefit for both company's and their members/subscribers and what is the ROI?

I'm sure all of the above and then-some is proprietary.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:45 pm

It's too bad they devalued their everyday uber purchases. I couldn't have cared less about the bonuses during the stay. Now there's less incentive, if not no incentive to order ubereats
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Is there anyway to link my wife's uber account to my Spg account as Well?

Only I have an SPG account . My uber account is linked to SPG. My wife and I share the same personal Visa card. She does not have an SPG account. Is there a way to tie her usage of uber to my Spg account?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JB123
Only I have an SPG account . My uber account is linked to SPG. My wife and I share the same personal Visa card. She does not have an SPG account. Is there a way to tie her usage of uber to my Spg account?
Have you checked the T&Cs in the wiki? Do you and your wife share the same email?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
We do not share same e-mail

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Have you checked the T&Cs in the wiki? Do you and your wife share the same email?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:37 pm

Would it not be easier to just have your wife use your Uber account?
It is already mapped.
There is no restriction on the number of devices for 1 account.
Probably not work if both of you frequently travel (on Uber) separately and at the same time...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Just had my points post for the two Ubers I took last night. (Surprised they arrived so fast!).

However, i am currently in a 2-night SPG stay and only 1/2 the amount of SPG points posted. So... i'm hoping the remaining points arrive soon.

Anyone experience a lag time w the new policy in current stay points posting? Thx!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by travelista
Just had my points post for the two Ubers I took last night. (Surprised they arrived so fast!).

However, i am currently in a 2-night SPG stay and only 1/2 the amount of SPG points posted. So... i'm hoping the remaining points arrive soon.

Anyone experience a lag time w the new policy in current stay points posting? Thx!
Not sure if you realised but the points are greatly reduced.

During Hotel stay: Members will earn two Starpoints per US$1 spent with Uber (versus two, three or four Starpoints per US$1, depending on member tier).
Everyday: members will earn one Starpoint per US$2 spent with Uber (versus one Starpoint per US$1).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by travelista

I'm currently experiencing something similar. I've been at an SPG hotel for every night in February (and January, but I digress...) and all of my uber rides have posted quickly, but only at the new 2 points / US dollar rate. No bonuses have posted for taking the uber during a stay, and no February bonus for 5 points / US dollar have posted either.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by NYCroots
I'm currently experiencing something similar. I've been at an SPG hotel for every night in February (and January, but I digress...) and all of my uber rides have posted quickly, but only at the new 2 points / US dollar rate. No bonuses have posted for taking the uber during a stay, and no February bonus for 5 points / US dollar have posted either.
The bonus points posts separately so gotta wait a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.