Elite benefits on future stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Elite benefits on future stay

Hi,

I am currently a platinum but will drop in status once March comes around.....I have already booked some stays later in the year - will I still get the platinum benefits on those stays booked while I was still platinum elite?

Thank you!^
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
will I still get the platinum benefits on those stays booked while I was still platinum elite?
If the property stays on top of their reservations, no. You should only get the status you have on the date of checkin. (Though, as we know, it doesn't always happen that way, so YMMV.) This is the reason I made a few mattress runs to renew Platinum this year - I had some reservations where I really wanted to keep the benefits.

People insist on this when they go up in status, why should it be any different when you go down?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:19 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You should not; you should get benefits for the status you have at the time of your stay. However, anything is possible.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
When I made Gold -> Plat, the system still showed the check-in agent that I was Gold on a reservation I made prior to the status upgrade. And when I raised that I've already made Plat, it took the check-in agent a couple of clicks to confirm that I was indeed Plat.

I think the hotel may still give you the elite benefit, but not because you deserved it. I agree with the others, benefits should be based on the status when you check-in, not when you made the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.