Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Promo - 1,000/2,000 points per stay (11 Dec 14 - 1 Mar 15)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 29, 14, 6:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mahasamatman
Wiki Link
TERMS & CONDITIONS

• Registration: Members must register online by January 25, 2015 midnight ET. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® with every eligible stay between December 11, 2014, and March 1, 2015 (the "promotion period"), at participating Le Méridien hotels and resorts in North America and French Polynesia. A list of participating properties can be found at http://www.americas.starwoodoffers.c...dienstarpoints and is subject to change.

Please Note: Members will know they have successfully registered for the Unlock Limitless Earnings with Le Meridian Hotels and Resorts in North America and French Polynesia promotion upon reaching the registration confirmation webpage. Registered members will not receive a registration confirmation email

• Earning: Registered members will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on first eligible stay at participating properties during the promotion period. Registered members will earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints on their eligible stays after their first eligible stay at participating properties during the promotion period. There is no limit to the number of bonus Starpoints that can be earned during the promotion period. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will receive bonuses.

• Bonusing: Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member's account within 2-4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.

• Eligible stays: An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the promotion period at any of the participating properties paying an eligible rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. Eligible stays with at least one night in the earning period will receive a bonus. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A listing of participating hotels and resorts can be found at http://www.americas.starwoodoffers.c...dienstarpoints and a description of eligible rates can be found at spg.com under program terms and conditions. See section 1.4 for the complete definition of eligible rates, but note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) are not eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.

• Qualifications and Starwood terms: All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our privacy statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Sheraton, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law.

FAQs

When can I register for the promotion?
SPG members must register by January 25, 2015, midnight ET, thereafter referred to as the "registration period."

Can anyone register for this promotion?
Any member may register. A non-member may join the complimentary SPG program and register simultaneously.

What are the dates during which I can earn bonus Starpoints®?
Each registered member may earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from December 11, 2014, through March 1, 2015, hereafter referred to as the "promotion period."

Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count towards my earning?
Yes, as long as the member registers by January 25, 2014, any eligible paid stays or nights from December 11, 2014, through March 1, 2015, will count toward earning.

How can I earn 1,000 or 2,000 Starpoints?
A registered member will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on their first eligible stay and 2,000 bonus Starpoints on eligible stays thereafter at Le Méridien hotels and resorts in North America and French Polynesia that are participating in the promotion during the promotion period.

At which Starwood hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn my reward?
A member may earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on their first eligible stay and 2,000 Starpoints on eligible stays thereafter at participating Le Méridien hotels and resorts in North America and French Polynesia.

What qualifies as an eligible paid stay?
An eligible paid stay is any stay at a participating Le Méridien hotel or resort in North America and French Polynesia paying a qualifying rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the SPG Terms & Conditions (spg.com/t&c). Stays booked through pre-paid third-party channels, such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, etc., are not eligible rate plans, and so the member may not earn Starpoints and will not qualify for any bonus offer.

Is there a limit to the number of Starpoints I can earn?
No, bonus Starpoints earnings for the Unlock Limitless Earnings with Le Meridian Hotels and Resorts in and French Polynesia promotion are unlimited during the promotion period

If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?
No, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.

If I check in before December 11, 2014, or check out after March 1, 2015, does my stay earn the bonus?
Yes, as long as one night of the stay is within the promotion period, 1,000 bonus Starpoints on your first eligible stay and 2,000 bonus Starpoints on eligible stays thereafter will be earned (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period).

When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?
Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered members account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid-stay posting.

Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?
A member will earn stay and night credits as he or she normally does while earning bonus Starpoints.

Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?
Yes, however, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 26, 14, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Sorry if already posted... I didn't see anything about this promotion on FT and just happened to find it by accident on a Google search about a LM property.

Summary: Register for the promotion and receive 1,000 points for the first eligible stay then 2,000 points for each stay thereafter with no limit on earnings. Eligible for North America, Latin America, and French Polynesia properties only.

Promo Landing: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ml?promoID=L8M

T&Cs: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ml?promoID=L8M

FAQ: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...romoID=L8M_FAQ

Participating Properties: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ml?promoID=L8M

Last edited by jibi; Dec 26, 14 at 11:27 pm
Old Dec 27, 14, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thank you. I've used this promo in the past and wasn't aware that it was being offered again.
Old Dec 28, 14, 3:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat(100), Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Avis First, United Gold
Can this be combined with BRG's ? Would be great to get 3K-4K bonus points per night/stay
Old Dec 28, 14, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG-PPE+Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by tvervenne View Post
Can this be combined with BRG's ? Would be great to get 3K-4K bonus points per night/stay
You always could in the past so I would assume that is the case again. I will be trying this out in January so I'll let you know.
Old Dec 28, 14, 12:34 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Thanks! We just stayed at the LM San Francisco last week, and this is a nice surprise bonus.
Old Dec 28, 14, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG LTG, DL Plat
Question for the lurkers: If I have a 2 room reservation at Le Meridien, it will count as 2 stays for purposes of SPG qualification... this much I know. However, will I get 3,000 bonus points for my stay (1,000 for my "first" stay and 2,000 for my "second"/subsequent) or is it one bonus per member per hotel per date (meaning I earn 1,000 only)?
Old Dec 28, 14, 7:34 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
However, will I get 3,000 bonus points for my stay (1,000 for my "first" stay and 2,000 for my "second"/subsequent) or is it one bonus per member per hotel per date (meaning I earn 1,000 only)?
It's right in the T&C:
Originally Posted by T&C:
Eligible stays: An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the promotion period at any of the participating properties paying an eligible rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
Old Dec 28, 14, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG LTG, DL Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
It's right in the T&C:
Thanks, I skipped over that one in the FAQ as I thought it would be the standard reply to what counts as an eligible stay.
Old Dec 29, 14, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
Thumbs up bonus

This is excellent! The list incl. both Montreal and NYC.
Old Dec 29, 14, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
danke....

...have a coupla stays in MTL planned.
Old Dec 29, 14, 2:59 pm

I've added the T&C and FAQ to a Wiki in case they go offline.
Old Dec 29, 14, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP
Nice offer! Might give myself an excuse to see Montreal or do few mattress run at Arlington if price is right .
Old Dec 30, 14, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Please Note: Members will know they have successfully registered for the Unlock Limitless Earnings with Le Meridian Hotels and Resorts in North America and French Polynesia promotion upon reaching the registration confirmation webpage. Registered members will not receive a registration confirmation email
(emphasis mine)
Old Dec 30, 14, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
(emphasis mine)
LMAO! Whoever wrote that copy should be fired!
Old Dec 30, 14, 9:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Fire the proofreader too. Knowing how to spell the name of your employer or client is Job 1.

Search this Thread