Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 14, 5:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Add your stay preferences on your spg.com profile to earn 500 bonus Starpoints from 15 October until 15 December 2014

Originally Posted by T&Cs
My Stay Preferences bonus: Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints when updating the members spg.com profile online between October 15, 2014 and December 15, 2014. Updates made prior to registration are eligible, but only if the update falls within October 15 to December 15, 2014. The bonus will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion period. All members who are registered for the More For You promotion are eligible for the My Stay Preferences bonus regardless of whether they have an eligible booking in the promotion.
To earn the bonus you must be registered for the SPG More For You promotion. Registration for this closed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 30, 2014
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 11, 14, 12:18 am
JK
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Question Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

I received an email from SPG last night, with the subject "Stay More Nights, Earn More Starpoints".

The email states:

"You’re registered for the SPG® More For You global promotion. Book your stay now and earn triple Starpoints® on eligible stays that include a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East).

Plus, remember to add your stay preferences on your spg.com profile to earn 500 bonus Starpoints from 15 October until 15 December 2014. Update now."
[Bolding my own]

From the bold text, do you also infer we should be earning 500 bonus points for stays in that period (I'm not sure if it would be a one-off, or per stay), once we've updated our Platinum preferences? If so, I've stayed a few times already, and don't see any bonus points appearing yet. It's also the first I've heard of any such bonus, unless I'm confusing it with some other bonus promo?!

Confused!
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:27 am
JK
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Just found this in the terms... Guess I should have checked that before posting! Either way, it's news to me! Just hope I made my update to my preferences within that time period. If not, I've just done it again now.

Still not entirely sure if it's just a one-off bonus, or per stay, but I suspect it's a one-off.

My Stay Preferences bonus: Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints when updating the members spg.com profile online between October 15, 2014 and December 15, 2014. Updates made prior to registration are eligible, but only if the update falls within October 15 to December 15, 2014. The bonus will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion period. All members who are registered for the More For You promotion are eligible for the My Stay Preferences bonus regardless of whether they have an eligible booking in the promotion.

Last edited by JK; Nov 11, 14 at 9:14 am
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:28 am
JK
Original Poster

Deleted - post duplicated
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:29 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by JK View Post

…..

From the bold text, do you also infer we should be earning 500 bonus points for stays in that period ……...
No. You "update" your profile once. You get the 500 points once.
Old Nov 11, 14, 4:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've updated the thread title to help ensure FT members are alerted to this promo.

Interesting that the email "remember to update your profile" wording suggests that we've already been told about this ....

/mod
Old Nov 11, 14, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Is there a link to register for this?

Nevermind. I re-read the promotion terms and saw that it is included with the More for You promotion.
Old Nov 11, 14, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is this a targeted promo? Looks like I updated my preferences on Oct 17.
Old Nov 11, 14, 8:38 am

Programs: AE, CIBC AeroInfiniteP, AmexPLAT, SPG-G Hyatt-D
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Is this a targeted promo? Looks like I updated my preferences on Oct 17.
Not sure if it is targeted or not, but when I logged into my account upon getting this promo email, I was surprised that I never updated my personal preferences in the past.

500 freebies are always welcome from my fav Hotel program. ^
Old Nov 11, 14, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
. . .

Interesting that the email "remember to update your profile" wording suggests that we've already been told about this ....

/mod
It's been promoted to Platinum members on the iPad app for the past two weeks.
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by clublounger View Post
No. You "update" your profile once. You get the 500 points once.
Has someone already rec'd 500 points? I deleted change confirmation e-mail and I don't remember when I changed my profile first time -- maybe before Oct. 15th. .
If I change it now again, do I still get points now?
I guess this "subpromo" linked to the main one, so you need to stay AND updaye profile in order to get 500 pps...
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
Has someone already rec'd 500 points? I deleted change confirmation e-mail and I don't remember when I changed my profile first time -- maybe before Oct. 15th. .
If I change it now again, do I still get points now?
I guess this "subpromo" linked to the main one, so you need to stay AND updaye profile in order to get 500 pps...
Post #2 has your answer in the last sentence!
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Ex, Marriott Bonvoyed Gold, HHonors Gold, DL, CX Marco Polo
I cannot enter a preference for a higher floor. My only option is to select a preference for a lower floor (or not select at all). For elevator proximity, I can only select to be near an elevator. I cannot select a preference to be away from the elevator. Sure, I like the ability to add preferences, and an extra 500 Starpoints for doing so is nice, but I should be able to select a preference for a higher floor and to be away from the elevator. It shouldn't matter what status someone is for them to select preferences like these, as preferences are not guarantees.

Starwood may as well offer preference options for warm pillows and wet blankets.
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I got the e-mail for the Stay More Nights and Update your Preferences 500 pt bonus offer, but my husband did not.

How can he get the 500 bonus pts, too, without the e-mail link?
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:58 am
JK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
I got the e-mail for the Stay More Nights and Update your Preferences 500 pt bonus offer, but my husband did not.

How can he get the 500 bonus pts, too, without the e-mail link?
I don't think the link is relevant. Sign up to the Stay More Nights promo, and update your preferences by going into your account at spg.com. I'm not sure if a stay is then physically required to trigger this - but that should be all. There is nothing special about the link, it just takes you to the page to update your preferences.
Old Nov 11, 14, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Done! Any idea how long before the 500 pts show up?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: