Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 14, 5:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Add your stay preferences on your spg.com profile to earn 500 bonus Starpoints from 15 October until 15 December 2014

Originally Posted by T&Cs
My Stay Preferences bonus: Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints when updating the members spg.com profile online between October 15, 2014 and December 15, 2014. Updates made prior to registration are eligible, but only if the update falls within October 15 to December 15, 2014. The bonus will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion period. All members who are registered for the More For You promotion are eligible for the My Stay Preferences bonus regardless of whether they have an eligible booking in the promotion.
To earn the bonus you must be registered for the SPG More For You promotion. Registration for this closed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 30, 2014
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 10, 14, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Looks like there was another sweep in the last couple of days per the thread in the Miles Buzz forum.
Old Dec 10, 14, 3:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Margarita girl help please? My 500 points have not posted yet.
Old Dec 10, 14, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by pageboy View Post
Just got my 500 points. All smiles here.
Ditto, especially as I'd forgotten all about this
Old Dec 10, 14, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
My 500 points have not posted yet.
Originally Posted by T&C
The bonus will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion period.
Old Dec 11, 14, 1:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
and, just for completeness :

Originally Posted by Thread Wiki
To earn the bonus you must be registered for the SPG More For You promotion. Registration for this closed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 30, 2014
Old Mar 15, 15, 8:21 am

I just contacted the SPG via Mail with the Question about my missing 500 Points and they replied, this Promo was only valid in Combination with a Stay.

I can not read anything about this - am I misinformed?

What should I tell them to get the Points?
Old Mar 15, 15, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by blueeagle3 View Post
I just contacted the SPG via Mail with the Question about my missing 500 Points and they replied, this Promo was only valid in Combination with a Stay.

I can not read anything about this - am I misinformed?

What should I tell them to get the Points?
No, you don't need a stay for earning the points. What you needed to do is register for the last promo of last year.
Old Mar 15, 15, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
No, you don't need a stay for earning the points. What you needed to do is register for the last promo of last year.
And thats what i did!
But, as the Points did not post in my Account, I contacted the SPG-Customer Service. And they replied, that I am correctly signed up for the Promo, BUT the Points were only awarded, if a Stay was booked along the way.

So again: What shall I do? Does anybody still have a Screenshot of this Promotion?
Old Mar 15, 15, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by blueeagle3 View Post
And thats what i did!
But, as the Points did not post in my Account, I contacted the SPG-Customer Service. And they replied, that I am correctly signed up for the Promo, BUT the Points were only awarded, if a Stay was booked along the way.

So again: What shall I do? Does anybody still have a Screenshot of this Promotion?
The T&C is in the Wiki.

https://www.spgpromos.com/moreforyou...RYOU_PROMOTION

Here's the relevant section and I've bolded the relevant condition. It is pretty cut and dry and there should be no questions at all assuming a) you signed up for the More For You promotion and b) you updated your Stay Preferences sometime between 10/15 and 12/15.

Originally Posted by SPG
My Stay Preferences bonus: Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints when updating the members spg.com profile online between October 15, 2014 and December 15, 2014. Updates made prior to registration are eligible, but only if the update falls within October 15 to December 15, 2014. The bonus will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion period. All members who are registered for the More For You promotion are eligible for the My Stay Preferences bonus regardless of whether they have an eligible booking in the promotion.
Old Mar 15, 15, 10:05 am

Thanks jibi!

I will send another Mail to the Service and hope for the Best - Fingers crossed!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: