scam or glitch?

Old Oct 21, 14, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
We're on explanation #2 from SPG about what happened, and they still are not able to confirm what happened, so are going back again for more info. (I'll post their actual explanation once they finalize it!) Basically, the reservations were absolutely fraudulently reinstated manually on 3 separate occasions, I'm just trying to ascertain if it's intentional or unintentional fraud.

Basically - illegal vs incompetent

SPG also claimed that the fact that this is a franchise is hampering their ability to get answers. Anyone have any advice on this? Do I get less protection from fraud or incompetence from SPG when at a franchise?

Did anyone else cancel a reservation in September at the Sheraton LIC? Was it reinstated or remained cancelled? If it's unintentional, then other people would have been effected in the same way, right?

Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 21, 14, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Crazy story. This makes me more worried then I should be about my reservations
Old Oct 22, 14, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by monoflight View Post
We're on explanation #2 from SPG about what happened, and they still are not able to confirm what happened, so are going back again for more info. (I'll post their actual explanation once they finalize it!) Basically, the reservations were absolutely fraudulently reinstated manually on 3 separate occasions, I'm just trying to ascertain if it's intentional or unintentional fraud.

Basically - illegal vs incompetent

SPG also claimed that the fact that this is a franchise is hampering their ability to get answers. Anyone have any advice on this? Do I get less protection from fraud or incompetence from SPG when at a franchise?

Did anyone else cancel a reservation in September at the Sheraton LIC? Was it reinstated or remained cancelled? If it's unintentional, then other people would have been effected in the same way, right?

Thanks everyone!
i was planning on staying here during an upcoming trip in december but after reading your story i have decided to switch to another property....
Old Oct 22, 14, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i was planning on staying here during an upcoming trip in december but after reading your story i have decided to switch to another property....
Good call. I wouldn't want to give them my CC information and then have to look over my shoulder...
Old Nov 10, 14, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG 100, Marriott Plat
So what was the final word on this? A buddy of mine just had something shady happen at the The Westin Grand Central. He had a reservation on points which he cancelled. But he never received the points back. And then upon further investigation, it turns out that the hotel claims he stayed there when in fact he didn't.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: