Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

NEW : Aloft Santa Clara, opened July 30, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW : Aloft Santa Clara, opened July 30, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:58 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya

As described, the train(s) start early. And the issue (if you're a light sleeper, or don't like waking up early) isn't that there's typical train/track sounds, it's that the train frequently uses its horn when passing the hotel.

There's two grade crossings very close to the hotel; train operators are required to use their horns at each grade crossing.

Thanks for posting the reviews.

-David
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
We stayed here Saturday night, the night before the Super Bowl. The hotel's cat 5 and was planning on booking on points, as the price was ~$500 for the night. Right when I looked at booking the room, the price dropped to $149 so I snagged it.

Excellent staff. A huge plus; every single employee was fantastic in spite of being very busy on Super Sunday (the property had a Super Bowl party there plus were charging $60 for parking there).

Typical Aloft layout/facilities. Standard Aloft bar/scaled down 'restaurant'. Minimal exercise facilities; postage stamp sized pool. Typical Aloft rooms (reminds me of a college dormitory). Free parking.

Location is meh. I asked for a room away from the highway and got a room opposite away from the highway, further away from the train tracks on the 3d floor. It was still noisy but we're heavy sleepers so the noise didn't wake us.
There are no restaurants that I noticed within walking distance which I consider a big minus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.