Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Speculative Promo for Q4/2014 : 2x points for 2+ night stays (3x if incl Fri/Sat)

Speculative Promo for Q4/2014 : 2x points for 2+ night stays (3x if incl Fri/Sat)

Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE MC, UA Gold, Starwood Plat / Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold

I just received a targeted offer from a particular Starwood property at which I have stayed in the past on business. In addition to a special rate, it contained the following:

* Offer (Property funded): Double Starpoints on all eligible stays of two nights or more, or triple Starpoints if the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night for hotels in the Middle East)

* Bonus Earning period: September 15 - December 15, 2014

* Registration period: September 8 - October 31, 2014

Seems like we have the Q4 promo?

Last edited by Expat415; Aug 12, 2014 at 5:57 pm Reason: Changed title
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
So only 2 nighters and above gets bonuses? That means no luck for those one nighters...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
seems like the bonus that just ended with the only minute change of "stays including friday/ saturday get triple starpoints" instead of it being "sunday" in the previous promo...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
IF this ends up being the chain wide promo, probably one of the weaker ones in recent memory. More oriented for leisure travelers which seems surprising.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
If this is the promo there better be a 100% participation level. If it's gonna be weak - all hotels should be doing it
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Let's hope there will be a promo that isn't targeted.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Perhaps the title should be changed as this is speculation.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Let's hope there will be a promo that isn't targeted.
To be clear, it seemed like the rest of the promo was targeted and did not require any registration, rather just contacting the a particular person at that particular property. Only the bonus starpoints portion involved registration and made mention of properties in the Middle East (the targeting property was not in the Middle East). This lead me to speculate it is was the SPG Q4 promo.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Perhaps the title should be changed as this is speculation.
Agreed. I changed the title to my original post. Perhaps one of the mods could change the tread title?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.