Starwood hotels coming to Goa 2015/2016

Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Reminds me that I should have looked for or opened a thread about Starwood hotels coming to Kashmir (Jammu&Kashmir) in India:

Sheraton Srinagar
Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar
LeMeridien Srinagar
Four Points by Sheraton Sonmarg Resort

I've seen them listed in 2016 too, but when -- if ever -- they open is still unknown to me.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kelju
Anyone in here got any inside info on Le meridien Goa. Spg site claims it to be opened in SEP 17, but have been pushed back at least twice already. Also if somebody knows if it's a brand new property or existing hotel i would appreciate the info.

Have a trip to delhi in mid October and would like to spend a few nights by the sea. W not working because of high rates and CAT 6
I've e-mailed with one of the hotel's managers about this since I've been eagerly following it since it switched over from Aloft to Le Méridien; they were gunning for a July opening but they seem dead-set on the September deadline. I don't think they'll slip long past that as the building is physically ready and they're just working on the interior now.

Keeping an eye on when reservations open; would love to visit Goa between October and December and the Le Méridien would be an ideal place to shack up.

UPDATE: Just checked the hotel's website and they've actually moved the opening up to August 15th. Interesting...

khabah
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
UPDATE: Just checked the hotel's website and they've actually moved the opening up to August 15th. Interesting...

khabah
Intresting... On tuesday it was still showing september, so propably they will open the hotel around that time period. Have to keep looking for opening bargains and begin to search flights from delhi, any airline better than others on that short hop?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Any reviews for either the W Goa or Le Meridien Calangute?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What do you want to know about the W Goa? It's not as sheeshy as some of the other Ws, with prices to reflect that. But, unlike with the more urbanized LeMeridien, with the W you get a beach right there even as you are sort of a resort captive unless taking a car/scooter to other parts of Goa.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Reminds me that I should have looked for or opened a thread about Starwood hotels coming to Kashmir (Jammu&Kashmir) in India:

Sheraton Srinagar
Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar
LeMeridien Srinagar
Four Points by Sheraton Sonmarg Resort

I've seen them listed in 2016 too, but when -- if ever -- they open is still unknown to me.
The Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar is open. I have to wonder if any of the Kashmiri traders doing business at that property are doing business at one of the Starwood properties in Goa. It seems to be a seasonal flow.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 5, 2018 at 2:56 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Rates have been loaded for new ITC Goa (formerly Park Hyatt). No category announced yet. Rates are even higher than the W!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What do you want to know about the W Goa? It's not as sheeshy as some of the other Ws, with prices to reflect that. But, unlike with the more urbanized LeMeridien, with the W you get a beach right there even as you are sort of a resort captive unless taking a car/scooter to other parts of Goa.
I see a few TripAdvisor reviews of Le Meridien Goa but nothing here on FT. It appears a short walk to the beach, what’s that beach like? I’ve only been to South Goa beaches where you sre entirely captive to the resort, looking to get best of both worlds and LM seems like a possibility. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.