Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Will there be an elite requalification gift for 2014 ? [Answer : No]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2014, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uxb
Question
Will there be an elite requalification gift for 2014 ?

Answer
NO. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24043163-post111.html

Discussion of last years (2013) gift is here.

Previous requalification gifts (courtesy jibi) :

2013 (beginning March 26, 2013):
25% or 35% off single stay points redemption (Cat 1-6) -or- double points for a month
Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.

2012 (beginning on renewal in 2012; at least by July 18, 2012):
$25 award -or- 6-month Hulu Plus subscription
SPG Member must register for this offer online only within 30 days after the email is delivered.

2011 (beginning April 3, 2012):
$25 award -or- Free magazine subscription (US only) -or- 1000 points (int'l only)
Member must redeem this offer online only, within 30 days after the email is delivered.

2010 (beginning May 13, 2011):
$25 award -or- Free magazine subscription (US only) -or- 1000 points (int'l only); also year-end gift of SPG book
Member must redeem this offer online only, within 30 days after the email is delivered.

2009 (beginning April 28, 2010):
$25 award -or- Free magazine subscription (US only) -or- 1000 points (int'l only)

2008-B (beginning February 9, 2009):
$75 award -or- Free weekend night (Cat 1-5)
You have until April 30, 2009, at midnight EST to select your gift.

2008-A (beginning March 25, 2008):
Free magazine subscription
Simply select your one-year magazine subscription anytime within the next 30 days

2007 (beginning February 4, 2008):
50% off single stay points redemption (Cat 1-5); also year-end gift of SPG luggage tags
Award must be issued by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 3, 2008, for a stay completed by May 31, 2008.

2006 (targeted; beginning December 13, 2006):
50% off single stay points redemption (Cat 1-4)
Book by February 28, 2007, and stay by May 31, 2007.

2005-B (targeted; beginning February 4, 2006):
50% off single stay points redemption (Cat 1-4)
Book by March 17th for stays through June 30.

2005-A (beginning May 9, 2005):
Free magazine subscription (US only)
Print Wikipost

Will there be an elite requalification gift for 2014 ? [Answer : No]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lcpteck
What's a FIFY?
i believe it stands for 'fixed it for you'....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by qasr
What was the "fuss"?
Anyone interested in 'the fuss' over the 2013 gift can read an executive summary in C.4 of the wiki in the 2013 gift thread.

We can now return this thread to discussion of a 2014 gift.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Well I had it confirmed by my Ambassador that he checked with Marketing and there is no gift for 2014 renewal.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by toddml
Well I had it confirmed by my Ambassador that he checked with Marketing and there is no gift for 2014 renewal.
LOL. Kind of obvious being Nov. 28, that there would not be a gift this year. LOL
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by toddml
I think we have already discussed that Ambassadors, Platinum CS, and nearly every other person we'd refer to as a "official representative" of Starwood have absolutely no clue when it comes to these types of promotions and offers. They could have decided to wait until the first of the year to ensure they offer the same dates and time periods (offer date, expiration date, use end date, period of time to use, etc.) to everyone who qualifies.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
At this point, I think its safe to assume that in the unlikely event that there is a requal gift, it won't be until Dec 31/Jan 1
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtwdoc
At this point, I think its safe to assume that in the unlikely event that there is a requal gift, it won't be until Dec 31/Jan 1
And if we do get one - PLEASE people don't b***h and moan about it. Something is better than nothing, esp. in a strong economy with high occupancy rates. At this point, I'll happily take the $25 voucher or whatever, I'm not expecting the great 35% off value.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:47 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
And if we do get one - PLEASE people don't b***h and moan about it. Something is better than nothing, esp. in a strong economy with high occupancy rates. At this point, I'll happily take the $25 voucher or whatever, I'm not expecting the great 35% off value.
Isn't %OFF one of the possible rewards here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ail-offer.html

I think that might be the "gift," but only for those targeted. With 2015 around the corner, it's prolly best to not waste brain cells on this issue.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Absolutely agree... High occupancy = increased revenue = less reason to offer a gift
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by uxb
Isn't %OFF one of the possible rewards here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ail-offer.html

I think that might be the "gift," but only for those targeted. With 2015 around the corner, it's prolly best to not waste brain cells on this issue.
That would really be a slap in the face for those of us who re-qualify but do not receive the targeted offer....
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
I'm disappointed that there isn't any requalification gift for 2014. The 2013 one was really nice. Even $25 would be something to acknowledge our loyalty.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
I'm disappointed that there isn't any requalification gift for 2014. The 2013 one was really nice. Even $25 would be something to acknowledge our loyalty.
Coupled with no grace period for SNA's as they've done in years past, as well as giving free internet to all SPG members, I'm beginning to feel that SPG Plat isn't so special anymore...

And when some pretty notable properties choose to leave (dom, dip, pulitzer), I wonder what the gameplan here is at all.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
as well as giving free internet to all SPG members.
when did they do this????
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Agree. What is not ideal would be a discussion within SPG along the lines of, "If we give anything, and no matter whatever we give, they're going to moan about it anyways."
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:41 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
...giving free internet to all SPG members, I'm beginning to feel that SPG Plat isn't so special anymore...
Originally Posted by Keyser
when did they do this????
Beginning February 2, 2015, an SPG Member that books a Stay through a Starwood Website or an SPG App will receive: (i) complimentary standard in-room Internet access during the Stay if he/she is not a Gold Preferred Guest or a Platinum Preferred Guest at least 24 hours prior to the Stay; or (ii) complimentary premium in-room Internet access during the Stay if he/she is a Gold Preferred Guest or a Platinum Preferred Guest at least 24 hours prior to the Stay (“Internet Access Benefit”).

More info here.
Thread: Complimentary Internet for members who book through Starwood sites or on the SPG app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.