Four people traveling in London + Paris

Old Feb 15, 14, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SVO, SPG Gold
Four people traveling in London + Paris

Hi all,
My wife and I are planning a trip to europe with her parents.
I am trying to use only starpoints to book the stay to lessen the costs. 5 night free promotion.

Looking through the starwood properties in London / Paris, i do not see any option for four people to stay in one room.

Does anyone know if i have any other option besides booking two rooms? I know two queens bed would definition be comfortable enough for us.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 14, 7:20 pm

Dear allenmchan,

Hotel rooms in Paris and London are seldom intended for four people.
If you require a suite then I suggest you book a suite and a separate room for your wife/yourself. Some rooms in Paris struggle to fit one queen sized bed.
Sort this out before you leave
Old Feb 15, 14, 10:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by aussiechris View Post
Dear allenmchan,

Hotel rooms in Paris and London are seldom intended for four people.
If you require a suite then I suggest you book a suite and a separate room for your wife/yourself. Some rooms in Paris struggle to fit one queen sized bed.
Sort this out before you leave
I agree - rooms in London and Paris are barely made for 2 people You won't be in your room that much but for four adults one room really won't do it imo.
Old Feb 15, 14, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Starpoint redemptions are only valid for single or double occupancy anyway, so even if the room could handle four people, you couldn't use Starpoints for it.
Old Feb 15, 14, 11:23 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold Flying Blue Platinum SPG Ambassdore
try booking the family room

Some spg properties have family room rates that is basically two rooms with an adjoining door opened. They are basically cheaper then buying two rooms by 25%. You have to check as availability of these rates are low. Quite easy for 4 people and yes the rooms are small in london even more so in paris.
Old Feb 16, 14, 2:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Wecloem to Flyertalk and the Starwood forum allenmchan

FWIW, I had a look and found these Starwood hotels that can legitimately accommodate 4 adults in one room :

London : Le Méridien Piccadilly : Club Room, 2 double beds
London : Sheraton Skyline : Family Room : 2 double beds
Paris : The Westin Paris - Vendôme : Presidential Suite.
Paris : Prince de Galles : Mosaic Suite; Appartement Parisien (which is only Eur12,160 per night )
Paris : Le Méridien Etoile : Senior Suite; Executive Suite.
Old Feb 16, 14, 3:49 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
Wecloem to Flyertalk and the Starwood forum allenmchan

FWIW, I had a look and found these Starwood hotels that can legitimately accommodate 4 adults in one room :

London : Le Méridien Piccadilly : Club Room, 2 double beds
London : Sheraton Skyline : Family Room : 2 double beds
Paris : The Westin Paris - Vendôme : Presidential Suite.
Paris : Prince de Galles : Mosaic Suite; Appartement Parisien (which is only Eur12,160 per night )
Paris : Le Méridien Etoile : Senior Suite; Executive Suite.
But the OP still has two obstacles, namely:

1) None of those rooms are available for Award bookings, which is what he wants.

2) No more than 2 guests are permitted to stay in an Award room.

I think it's a really badly-conceived plan that the OP has thought up, he's probably just not used to travelling in Europe.

The best that he can aim for is to pay for a standard room for his wife and himself and to redeem points for a second room for his in-laws.

Which will also ensure that the vacation doesn't just become an endless queue for the bathroom.
Old Feb 16, 14, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Starpoint redemptions are only valid for single or double occupancy anyway, so even if the room could handle four people, you couldn't use Starpoints for it.
Given the current issue elsewhere in this forum even this isn't clear cut. The OP may be lucky to get a room for 2 as a redemption in some locations

There isn't a cost saving in the world that would induce me to share a room with my parents in law even if it were possible. Am I alone in finding this a bit weird?
Old Feb 16, 14, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
Given the current issue elsewhere in this forum even this isn't clear cut. The OP may be lucky to get a room for 2 as a redemption in some locations

There isn't a cost saving in the world that would induce me to share a room with my parents in law even if it were possible. Am I alone in finding this a bit weird?
That was certainly my reaction. I consider the plan to be creepy. In fact, I wonder whether the OP has discussed this with wife and her parents.
Old Feb 16, 14, 9:46 am

Location: UAL PP/2MM, SPG LT PLT75, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post

OMG, amen. I would be on the window ledge ready to jump after a day or so.
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Over and above the hurdle of the spg rules regarding award bookings, the OP should be concerned withany hotels in Europe are bound by strict fire codes that don't allow more than 2 people per room.
Old Feb 16, 14, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by allenmchan View Post
Does anyone know if i have any other option besides booking two rooms? I know two queens bed would definition be comfortable enough for us.
as you would need two rooms and you're going to london and paris and you're looking at the "fifth night free" offer, you're going to need a boatload of points for that. that'll be two rooms x four nights x two cities for a total of 16 nights. assuming you can get a 12,000 point award night, that's 192,000 points.
Are you aware that the "fifth night free" award is for a single stay, i.e. five nights in one hotel?

have you considered the "points and cash" options (if they're available?)

and to the other poster on this thread and the "creepy" or "weird" comments, the OP didn't come here to be judged. I wouldn't want to stay with my in-laws either but I don't know the circumstances or situation of the OP and those kinds of comments are not kind. It's much more constructive to stay on topic.
Old Feb 16, 14, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise View Post
and to the other poster on this thread and the "creepy" or "weird" comments, the OP didn't come here to be judged. I wouldn't want to stay with my in-laws either but I don't know the circumstances or situation of the OP and those kinds of comments are not kind. It's much more constructive to stay on topic.
+1.
Old Feb 16, 14, 6:14 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by BenSenise View Post
+2. Sheesh. . .can't any thread on FT anymore just be helpful and nice?
Old Feb 16, 14, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by ldsant View Post
+2. Sheesh. . .can't any thread on FT anymore just be helpful and nice?
+3. Never judge before you have all of the facts.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: