Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Caribbean / Central America Resort w/ Full SPG Participation (Plat Upgrades)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Caribbean / Central America Resort w/ Full SPG Participation (Plat Upgrades)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist.

I'm an SPG Platinum looking to plan a trip this summer for four adults, and we'd like to go to a great beach resort somewhere in the SPG portfolio.

Ideally, it'd be a category 4 or 5, as I'll be redeeming points and using a 35% off cert for the stay.

Most of the resorts I've found seem to have limited SPG participation, and I'd really like to use SNA's for this stay (and at least get upgraded to a decent room at checkin) since there will be four adults in a single room.

What good beach resorts offer full SPG participation? Mainly concerned about being able to use SNA's and / or getting upgraded to a decent room at checkin.

[Also: not a necessity, but we'll be coming from San Francisco, and our friends will be arriving from Orlando, so decent airfare from these cities to the destination would be great]
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Have you read this existing thread?

Starwood in the Caribbean [Master Thread]

There is also a section of this forum dedicated to Puerto Rico, Caribbean, Mexico & Central America.

Some of those threads may help.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Have you read this existing thread?

Starwood in the Caribbean [Master Thread]

There is also a section of this forum dedicated to Puerto Rico, Caribbean, Mexico & Central America.

Some of those threads may help.
Yep, thanks. It was moderately helpful, but not a ton of (current) info on the SPG participation piece.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Finding a SNA-eligible suite with multiple beds could be especially tricky. You could find yourself upgraded from 2 queen beds to 1 king! Or were you planning to give your friends a pull-out sofa?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Limited Participation just means you have to call the concierge to book.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BulaRae
Limited Participation just means you have to call the concierge to book.
Sure, but from what I've read it also seems that resorts with Limited Participation also offer fewer platinum benefits, fewer upgrades, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:00 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

To be able to fit 4 adults you'd need a million category upgrade to a presidential suite. Try the 2 or 3 bedroom at St. John's, book 2 rooms or try a vacation rental. We just paid for a stay at Bahia beach and were upgraded to probably the biggest 1bdr spg suite in the Caribbean, a multi-category upgrade, and even then 4 adults would have been very uncomfortable. Without two rooms, I'd avoid.... And the continual vs. full breakfast is just a footnote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.