Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG and Caesars Entertainment : partnership ENDED 31 Dec 2016

SPG and Caesars Entertainment : partnership ENDED 31 Dec 2016

 
Old Nov 30, 16, 9:17 am
  #541  
Rd3
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery View Post
Now would be a great time to extend the partnership to include parking with the "VIP Access".
I knew they were going to follow MGM--per the below article, only TR Plat level gets free parking

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...ing-initiative
Rd3 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 9:37 am
  #542  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,791
Originally Posted by Rd3 View Post
I knew they were going to follow MGM--per the below article, only TR Plat level gets free parking

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...ing-initiative
It's Plat and above.

But if you have a car often it might be time to consider the Total Rewards Visa Card - no annual fee, $750 purchase in the first 3 months gets you Plat status for this year, and $5,000 spend retains it in subsequent years. 5x points at TR properties.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 9:58 am
  #543  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 51,193
Originally Posted by Rd3 View Post
Now that my Hyatt Plat status no longer matches to M Life Gold--meaning I no longer will have cut the line access--I'll have to try this Caesars partnership out once I hit SPG Plat the next time I'm in Vegas
I've done two MGM stays as a Hyatt Plat / M Life Gold and honestly, I thought the benefits were absolute trash. I know Hyatt Plat isn't a legit status, but the treatment I got at these places (Aria, Luxor) really makes me *less* likely to go back to Hyatt.

I had to pay a $10 "upgrade" just to get my bed type preference. At the Luxor no less, a place that is dripping in the sadness that they took such an awesome overall concept and made it such a crappy hotel.
pinniped is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 11:37 am
  #544  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MCI
Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Posts: 397
As a point of comparison, on the new Hyatt program it only takes 10 qualifying nights to get matched to a level that allows free parking at MGM properties.
SpeedyDelivery is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 11:48 am
  #545  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 536
Just used this perk for the first time. 22k starpoints got me a one night stay at Heavenly Lake Tahoe during the christmas break. Seems a bit high, but everything was sold out in that area so I assume it's a period of high demand
teeceedee is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 12:00 am
  #546  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK EP/*G, DL P, IH AMB/S/IC, HH D, CR D, FoundersCd, Sixt P, NTL EE, Hz PC
Posts: 395
Founderscard gets you TR Diamond, which if you're in town often is a huge benefit -- great valet service, line passes everywhere, $100 annual dining credit, 2 free show tickets/month (including $112 seats at Penn and Teller), diamond lounge access, etc. Unfortunately for new members it is $395/yr. (https://founderscard.com/membership?code=FCRYAN400)

The combo of TR Diamond through that + SPG Platinum is pretty useful in Vegas; I've basically lived here for a month and spent about $40/night on hotel rooms and stayed in decent places, despite not gaming very much.
rdlmitedu is offline  
Old Dec 13, 16, 2:54 pm
  #547  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CHI
Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, UA Gold
Posts: 385
I'm trying to redeem Starpoints for bookings at Caesars in March. I linked my account yesterday, and everything was fine while I kicked the tires. I went back today to firm up plans, and I can't select dates beyond 12/31/2016 (manual entry or date picker). Is this a website issue or is this partnership dying? I called Plat Concierge and they had no info.
cliff_rock is offline  
Old Dec 13, 16, 4:02 pm
  #548  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BTR
Programs: AA PlatPro; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Globalist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Posts: 6,168
Originally Posted by cliff_rock View Post
I'm trying to redeem Starpoints for bookings at Caesars in March. I linked my account yesterday, and everything was fine while I kicked the tires. I went back today to firm up plans, and I can't select dates beyond 12/31/2016 (manual entry or date picker). Is this a website issue or is this partnership dying? I called Plat Concierge and they had no info.
I just tried and also am unable to select dates beyond 12/31/16. Since no Lurker has responded, using the link on the SPG/Caesars search page, I sent an email asking if the partnership was ending.
controller1 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 16, 8:05 am
  #549  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: SPG
Posts: 713
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
I just tried and also am unable to select dates beyond 12/31/16. Since no Lurker has responded, using the link on the SPG/Caesars search page, I sent an email asking if the partnership was ending.


Hi controller1,

We have actually advised the appropriate team about the issue.

Once we have any update we will let you know.


All the best,

Alice Kons
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Starwood Lurker IV is offline  
Old Dec 14, 16, 8:22 am
  #550  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,791
Is there any stretch to an oblique relationship with SPG/Caesars and the Marriott credit card?

If I use my Marriott Visa at an SPG property now since the merger, I get 5x points (like I do with Marriott). What happens if I stay at a CET property and use my Marriott Visa?

If I won't get the 5x I'd rather use a different card.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 9:18 am
  #551  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Starting January 1, 2017, SPG members may no longer book Starpoint redemption reservations at Caesars Entertainment destinations due to the conclusion of this partnership. Existing reservations taking place at a Caesars Entertainment property in 2017 are still valid and will be honored as confirmed. If you must cancel a reservation on or before December 31, 2016 please do so through SPG.com. If you must cancel a reservation on or after January 1, 2017, SPG members should email [email protected] with subject line: "Caesars" and provide the redemption reservation number, Caesars Entertainment property, arrival and departure date, first name, last name and email address associated with the reservation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 9:51 am
  #552  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,791
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
Starting January 1, 2017, SPG members may no longer book Starpoint redemption reservations at Caesars Entertainment destinations due to the conclusion of this partnership. Existing reservations taking place at a Caesars Entertainment property in 2017 are still valid and will be honored as confirmed. If you must cancel a reservation on or before December 31, 2016 please do so through SPG.com. If you must cancel a reservation on or after January 1, 2017, SPG members should email [email protected] with subject line: "Caesars" and provide the redemption reservation number, Caesars Entertainment property, arrival and departure date, first name, last name and email address associated with the reservation.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Is it a complete severance of the partnership? We usually get comped rooms but have been getting SPG credit for restaurant spend, etc. at CET properties. Is that ending, too?
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 9:56 am
  #553  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Is it a complete severance of the partnership? We usually get comped rooms but have been getting SPG credit for restaurant spend, etc. at CET properties. Is that ending, too?
My apologies for any confusion, but the words "...the conclusion of this partnership..." means that everything is ending.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Dec 19, 16 at 1:28 pm
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 10:04 am
  #554  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,791
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
The words "...the conclusion of this partnership..." means that everything is ending.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
I guess that answers my prior question about the Marriott credit card, too!

Well, 3 years was a good run.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 10:32 am
  #555  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,873
Bummer - was going to use this for the first time at Nobu Hotel in a few months. Not going to deal w/the poor W/SLS location so maybe Cosmopolitan, or just ditch Marriwood entirely.
UA-NYC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread