Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Any recent stays and reviews? I'll be there in Oct for 3 nights.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Any recent stays and reviews? I'll be there in Oct for 3 nights.
+1. I'll be there next week for three.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG, DL
Stayed here in December and it was excellent. Used SNAs and received a very large suite on the 9th floor. Room layout was nearly identical to that in the pictures from the OMAAT blog review. And due to being 9th floor, we had a massive furnished balcony that extended the length of the sitting room and bedroom, with a wonderful view (albeit no Eiffel Tower due to the orientation of the hotel).

Service was excellent, concierge had excellent restaurant recommendations and arranged all details to perfection. We had room service breakfast 2 days and buffet one. Breakfast was fine, but a clear step down from Italy where all 3 SPG hotels we stayed at included unlimited champagne with breakfast as a plat.

We did have an issue with other guests one evening starting a fire on their balcony and burning incense and playing extremely loud music around 3am (the balconies are staggered so we could actually look down and see them). Took a good hour for security to resolve, but the manager apologized profusely the next morning (checkout) and removed all of our bar charges as an apology (a not insignificant amount, and we were staying on points).
Old May 19, 2017, 10:53 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ATLawyer
Stayed here in December and it was excellent. Used SNAs and received a very large suite on the 9th floor. Room layout was nearly identical to that in the pictures from the OMAAT blog review. And due to being 9th floor, we had a massive furnished balcony that extended the length of the sitting room and bedroom, with a wonderful view (albeit no Eiffel Tower due to the orientation of the hotel).

Service was excellent, concierge had excellent restaurant recommendations and arranged all details to perfection. We had room service breakfast 2 days and buffet one. Breakfast was fine, but a clear step down from Italy where all 3 SPG hotels we stayed at included unlimited champagne with breakfast as a plat.

We did have an issue with other guests one evening starting a fire on their balcony and burning incense and playing extremely loud music around 3am (the balconies are staggered so we could actually look down and see them). Took a good hour for security to resolve, but the manager apologized profusely the next morning (checkout) and removed all of our bar charges as an apology (a not insignificant amount, and we were staying on points).
Thanks! Sounds like a fab stay...and very good service (and service recovery for something that wasn't even the fault of the hotel!). Impressive. Very impressive.
Old May 20, 2017, 1:45 pm

This hotel gives me a sense that the management take immense pride in the reputation of the hotel and its guests' satisfaction. In my stay during the winter I had a not-so-friendly waitstaff at breakfast (not rude, just a tad less friendly than all the others) and so when the management asked if my stay was going okay, I mentioned it briefly, not in a 'big-deal' kind of way, but that the stay was almost flawless... and that the only thing I could think of was perhaps the waiter during breakfast who could've been a little friendlier. We walked away from the conversation not expecting anything.

Then came a hand-written letter of apology from the manager in my room post turn-down together with a bottle of bubbly and a book about Art-Deco which we expressed during our conversation was our area of interest lately. The next morning during breakfast we were ushered and taken care of by the restaurant manager and upon check-out we were once again given apologies from the manager on duty.

... to the point where I felt a little bad for having raised this issue at all, when it wasn't even an issue.

The point though, is that this is the kind of hotel where it's not just about the $ but more so about the sense of pride the staff feel of the place. I could not recommend it enough for those considering it.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaejaez
This hotel gives me a sense that the management take immense pride in the reputation of the hotel and its guests' satisfaction.
Your example is one that shows truly superlative service as one would expect from a superb luxury hotel. Makes me very excited to stay here again in Oct. (My last stay was pre-renovation, so it's been a while.)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:09 pm
pmv

Can ayone confirm current platinum benefits?

breakfast continental or full? lounge or restaurant?

thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pmv
It's Continental breakfast, or the equivalent of about 38 euros if I recall correctly. Breakfast is in the same space as the 1* La Scene restaurant. Ordering beyond the Continental just adds to your bill, but we felt the add ons were pretty reasonable (5-10 euros) considering it is Paris and a 5 star luxury hotel. As far as I know, there is no lounge.

I just departed for London after a 3 night stay, sadly cut short by the ATC public strike planned tomorrow. My husband is still there for our 4th night.

We really enjoyed the hotel. Review forthcoming, but our highlights:

(1) Planned a surprise birthday dinner party with 12 guests at La Scene for my husband. Concierge and restaurant/hotel team (assisted by my amazing Ambassador at times) did a wonderful job making sure that came off without a hitch. Concierge worked with me for months. Excellent table, excellent pre-restaurant service in the courtyard bar area, etc. La Scene pre-fixe tasting menu (165 euros) with wine pairings (65 or 95 euros) both were fantastic. Service was excellent, especially considering we were a boisterous group!

(2) Hotel team arranged private tables for our party at Bar Les Heures the next night. Service started a bit on the slow side, but then was really great. Everyone had a fab time. Food and beverages were fantastic again.

(3) Had booked Mosaic Suite for 39K points per night, as per the recent 35% off awards deal. Upgraded to the Makassar Suite, though it wasn't ready for an hour (5 pm). Also had booked my mother for entry level room for 30K points per night, and hers was upgraded to a very spacious deluxe room next to our suite. Since rooms weren't ready, Guest Relations Manager kindly suggested and then comp'd our snacks/coffees at the Bar Les Heures.

(4) Head concierge, Guest Relations Manager, GM, restaurant manager all introduced themselves, mostly on our arrival evening. Pretty impressive.

(5) Absolutely loved our Makassar Suite. Really beautiful and extremely well designed and spacious. Lovely views onto Ave George V. Only issues really were (i) air con (because I'm a freak who wants it lower than the 20 C/68 F it did reach) since I had confirmed 19 C prior to arrival, and (ii) wifi signal in the bedroom wasn't so great. We did have a few minor housekeeper issues (sink didn't drain as well as it should have, rain shower should have been better cleaned) but they didn't detract at all from our overall love of the suite. Third floor location on the Ave George V and barely noticed any traffic noise at all. Really beautiful and impressive suite.

(6) Breakfast service was the biggest weakness for the hotel for us. Felt crowded and a bit understaffed, and even when it wasn't crowded this morning the service started quite slowly. Buffet isn't so impressive compared to almost any Luxury Collection or StR property we've thus far visited, but the food was generally outstanding. The waffles are to die for. The scrambled eggs were not, so we always got fried eggs. Our first morning, my husband's pancakes were cold--pretty disappointing. That same morning our bill came incorrectly...twice. I kindly informed the GM (who was helping out) that we expected the hotel to take care of the bill after so many mishapds that morning. We never had a poor breakfast like that again, but then service still was never as impressive for breakfast as it was with every other department at the property IMO.

(7) Concierge was outstanding. Team communicated well in advance, and I'm a very detail oriented person. They handled many changes extremely well, including last minute bookings for Eurostar for me tonight to London and checking on my husband's AF flights for tomorrow. Nothing was too much for this team.

(8) Between being a Plat Ambassador guest and hosting an event at the hotel, we always felt like VIPs at the hotel. (To be fair, that was also true at the Hotel Imperial in Vienna.)

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 9, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:29 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the post. We just decided yesterday to stop here for a few nights on our way to Greece next October since it's one of our favorite hotels.

We will probably do the same as you and use points for a Suite.

Looking forward to more details (and I have NOT forgotten you

Have an absolutely Fabulous trip.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It's Continental breakfast, or the equivalent of about 38 euros if I recall correctly. Breakfast is in the same space as the 1* La Scene restaurant. Ordering beyond the Continental just adds to your bill, but we felt the add ons were pretty reasonable (5-10 euros) considering it is Paris and a 5 star luxury hotel. As far as I know, there is no lounge.

I just departed for London after a 3 night stay, sadly cut short by the ATC public strike planned tomorrow. My husband is still there for our 4th night.

We really enjoyed the hotel. Review forthcoming, but our highlights:

(1) Planned a surprise birthday dinner party with 12 guests at La Scene for my husband. Concierge and restaurant/hotel team (assisted by my amazing Ambassador at times) did a wonderful job making sure that came off without a hitch. Concierge worked with me for months. Excellent table, excellent pre-restaurant service in the courtyard bar area, etc. La Scene pre-fixe tasting menu (165 euros) with wine pairings (65 or 95 euros) both were fantastic. Service was excellent, especially considering we were a boisterous group!

(2) Hotel team arranged private tables for our party at Bar Les Heures the next night. Service started a bit on the slow side, but then was really great. Everyone had a fab time. Food and beverages were fantastic again.

(3) Had booked Mosaic Suite for 39K points per night, as per the recent 35% off awards deal. Upgraded to the Makassar Suite, though it wasn't ready for an hour (5 pm). Also had booked my mother for entry level room for 30K points per night, and hers was upgraded to a very spacious deluxe room next to our suite. Since rooms weren't ready, Guest Relations Manager kindly suggested and then comp'd our snacks/coffees at the Bar Les Heures.

(4) Head concierge, Guest Relations Manager, GM, restaurant manager all introduced themselves, mostly on our arrival evening. Pretty impressive.

(5) Absolutely loved our Makassar Suite. Really beautiful and extremely well designed and spacious. Lovely views onto Ave George V. Only issues really were (i) air con (because I'm a freak who wants it lower than the 20 C/68 F it did reach) since I had confirmed 19 C prior to arrival, and (ii) wifi signal in the bedroom wasn't so great. We did have a few minor housekeeper issues (sink didn't drain as well as it should have, rain shower should have been better cleaned) but they didn't detract at all from our overall love of the suite. Third floor location on the Ave George V and barely noticed any traffic noise at all. Really beautiful and impressive suite.

(6) Breakfast service was the biggest weakness for the hotel for us. Felt crowded and a bit understaffed, and even when it wasn't crowded this morning the service started quite slowly. Buffet isn't so impressive compared to almost any Luxury Collection or StR property we've thus far visited, but the food was generally outstanding. The waffles are to die for. The scrambled eggs were not, so we always got fried eggs. Our first morning, my husband's pancakes were cold--pretty disappointing. That same morning our bill came incorrectly...twice. I kindly informed the GM (who was helping out) that we expected the hotel to take care of the bill after so many mishapds that morning. We never had a poor breakfast like that again, but then service still was never as impressive for breakfast as it was with every other department at the property IMO.

(7) Concierge was outstanding. Team communicated well in advance, and I'm a very detail oriented person. They handled many changes extremely well, including last minute bookings for Eurostar for me tonight to London and checking on my husband's AF flights for tomorrow. Nothing was too much for this team.

(8) Between being a Plat Ambassador guest and hosting an event at the hotel, we always felt like VIPs at the hotel. (To be fair, that was also true at the Hotel Imperial in Vienna.)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They really need to fix the breakfast here... surprisingly meager offerings for such a nice hotel in all other respects. Agree the concierge here wonderful and suites well-appointed. But the breakfast...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:10 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember the old Chef Concierge-
Jean-Pierre Haase ? He was one of our favorite concierges ever- always going 10 steps above and beyond.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:44 am
Suspended

Expert Review posted!

Just posted my Expert Review in the Luxury Hotels forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199

Excellent stay. Really love the hotel. Even despite the fact that our suite air con didn't go below 20 C. #sacrifices

Highly recommended. I still prefer the Vendome area, but it also turned out to be a very enjoyable 25-30 min walk to the Vendome and just a 10 min taxi ride.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by pmv

thanks!
I have always had the full breakfast at this property and have never been charged for the difference between the price of a continental vs the full breakfast.

I am a lifetime SPG Plat member.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I have always had the full breakfast at this property and have never been charged for the difference between the price of a continental vs the full breakfast.

I am a lifetime SPG Plat member.
That was not our experience, I'm afraid.

I'm a Platinum100 Ambassador guest who just stayed here. We were charged for anything above the continental breakfast.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
We were told very clearly there was an extra charge for full breakfast (I am a SPG lifetime plat).
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.