FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Sheraton Lisle, Illinois (Former Wyndham) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1516286-sheraton-lisle-illinois-former-wyndham.html)

holtju2 Oct 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Sheraton Lisle, Illinois (Former Wyndham)

There seems to be a "new" category 2 Sheraton in Lisle: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=4011

The Starwood website about this property is rather bare, but there is more information under the former Wyndham brand: http://www.wyndhamlislehotel.com/

1readyset2go Jun 6, 2014 2:53 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Lisle? Looking at a stay there in June, or the Aloft Bolingbrook,or Lombard Westin. All 3 not that far apart location wise.

There are only a couple pictures on the website and they are extreme close ups of pillows and a lamp on the wall? Not much detail to be found anywhere on this property. The TA reviews (that are recent) half of which are from people with only 1 or 2 reviews (which I don't trust). I am leery of booking there now.

This leaves me with Aloft only 4k in points or $130 or $150 after taxes. The Westin is 212 plus 23 in taxes, or i could use 7k in points and that is just the lowest level "traditional room". I think if I did book here I would go up to the "Deluxe Room" for just $8 more. I am SPG Gold if that matters. Recently I have had a pretty good string of very nice upgrades upon checkin but I never count on that and of course. Just me traveling so I might be ok with the aloft except its 2 nights and I worry about it being filled with noisy drunk young people ;)

EkekoBWI Jun 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Here's my thoughts on a recent suite stay. I was disappointed that the website/hotel made no attempt during the booking to inform me of the extent of the current renovation. Contrary to the Manager's written comments in the SGP hotel-specific review section, this place is far from complete.

Pros:
Ample, free parking
Pet-friendly (lots of grass, no nightly pet fee)
3000 SPG points for booking suite (hotel specific and on top of other summer promos)

Cons:
Bugs in room (but at least most were dead)
Blood stains on 1970s style carpet
Water stained ceilings
Wall-rattling HVAC
Dumpy furniture in lounge (but OK food and helpful staff)
Pool and fitness room still under construction
Location--nothing around
1970s finishes, and not in a cool, retro way

1readyset2go Jun 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Wow that sounds bad, glad I did not nook there.

I ended up booking the Aloft which was just like other Alofts I have stayed at. Not normally my first choice but the location for what I was there for was perfect so I pulled the trigger and was happy with my stay at the Bolingbrook Aloft. No noise issues even with the hotel being full.

EkekoBWI Jun 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go (Post 23046716)
Wow that sounds bad, glad I did not nook there.

I ended up booking the Aloft which was just like other Alofts I have stayed at. Not normally my first choice but the location for what I was there for was perfect so I pulled the trigger and was happy with my stay at the Bolingbrook Aloft. No noise issues even with the hotel being full.

In the hotel's defense, most of the bugs were dead, so it's not that bad, right? ;)

EkekoBWI Jul 4, 2014 1:12 pm

3000 SPG Bonus Delay

FYI--The 3000 SPG / stay promo that this property ran (is running?) this summer won't credit until at least early August, so says CSRs via chat.

NWA747SNN Jul 19, 2014 1:51 am

This is the worst Sheraton I have ever stayed at. The lounge is under construction so they have sent up a room off of the restaurant area on the 1st floor. Evening "spread" was a small bowl of veggies, a plate of cheese and grapes and some chicken strips that were cold. Breakfast was worse. Staff were disinterested and unhelpful. Asked if there were any Platinum suite upgrades at check-in and was told that the hotel was full. After checking into my 1970's room and using my own wifi (hotel signal was not strong enough) I could book at least 4 standard suites on SPG.com. Avoid this dump.

EkekoBWI Jul 19, 2014 8:31 am

I tried to warn you...

EkekoBWI Aug 6, 2014 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 23144199)
FYI--The 3000 SPG / stay promo that this property ran (is running?) this summer won't credit until at least early August, so says CSRs via chat.

Credited yesterday. If you haven't gotten it yet, I'd call CSR.

MigratingCoconut May 8, 2015 10:11 pm

I have been averaging around two nights a week here over the past two months. During this time the lounge has opened up on the top floor (there was a temp lounge on the first floor).

Had a stay last week that was cancelled by them because they had a "water leak" and had to transition all guests to other hotels. They sent me to a Hyatt House about a mile away and offered 5000 points for my troubles. That was enough to keep me happy (although the points have not posted yet!). I'm curious if I will get a stay credit? We shall see - I'll be staying there next week to follow up on this.

The hotel itself is fine. It's average for a Sheraton. No major complaints. Club floor has recently renovated rooms.

LPCJr Feb 3, 2016 7:20 pm

Clearly they have put some money into this place in the last couple of years. I stayed here once about 6 months ago, and am here again right now. Rooms have been recently renovated. As an SPG Gold, they put me in a very nice two room suite tonight. Club lounge is also very nice. Property is overall clean and very comfortable and staff is nice. No complaints here.