Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Easter Egg for Staying at All Starwood Properties in SF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador

Hi Flyertalkers - I am on track to stay at all the Starwood hotels within San Francisco before the end of this year.

This includes the Westin St. Francis, W SF, St. Regis SF, Le Meridien SF, Westin SF Market, Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, and The Palace Hotel (luxury collection).

I have seen the Easter egg for those of you who managed to stay at all 9 brands last year and I am curious if anyone has seen a similar reward for staying at all Starwood properties in a given metropolitan city.

I'd love to read your thoughts and speculations about this!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: United 1P; AA Gold; National EE; SPG Plat; HH Gold; Fairmont Plat
Maybe the easter egg is only if you stay in all the hotels in the Bay area? maybe California? Let us know if you find out!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
VERY doubtful.

1) That would show a bias toward a single city rather than promoting the Starwood brands.
2) It would promote hotel hopping, a behavior that the industry likely doesn't want to encourage.
3) You didn't mention the 4Points SFO airport. It's in South SF.

On the bright side, you can have bragging rights to staying at 7 different SPG properties in SFO.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Yes, having such an easter egg in one city could be considered playing favorites. Alternatively, this benefit could exist in many major cities that have a large number of starwood properties (LA, NY, Boston, others).

I didn't include the airport hotels since those are either in South SF (a city in San Mateo County, not SF county) or Millbrae.

Do you think this would promote more hotel-hopping than the 9-brand easter egg? I could see that it might...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:29 pm

I've been to each of the SF properties including the two at the airport (plus the Sheraton SFO aiport), some of them many times. Don't know anything about Easter Eggs. I assume the reference is to the "Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands" thread.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sky_priority
Hi Flyertalkers - I am on track to stay at all the Starwood hotels within San Francisco before the end of this year.

This includes the Westin St. Francis, W SF, St. Regis SF, Le Meridien SF, Westin SF Market, Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, and The Palace Hotel (luxury collection).

I have seen the Easter egg for those of you who managed to stay at all 9 brands last year and I am curious if anyone has seen a similar reward for staying at all Starwood properties in a given metropolitan city.

I'd love to read your thoughts and speculations about this!
Maybe you will get a giant ostrich egg if you stay at every property in the Starwood system. Once you complete your trip, let us know what you get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.