Wiki Posts
Search

Le Royal Meridien Dubai vs. Grosvenor House

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Le Royal Meridien Dubai vs. Grosvenor House

The reviews are lacking in the case of the LRM, so I was wondering if anyone who's stayed at both could compare/offer a recommendation.

Also, are the aforementioned hotels the only two SPG hotels that offer free airport transfers if staying in a suite?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I haven't stayed at the le royal meridien, but i really like the gh as most people do. great property.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: IKEA Family Card
Originally Posted by dparkinson
The reviews are lacking in the case of the LRM, so I was wondering if anyone who's stayed at both could compare/offer a recommendation.

Also, are the aforementioned hotels the only two SPG hotels that offer free airport transfers if staying in a suite?
I prefer the GH, because the service is in my opinion better. The Lounge and spa is just great, only the pool is very limited. But for this you have the shuttle to the LM with their beach.

I don't know about the Suite Shuttle. But as a Plat I got free shuttle at the Sheraton Creek and the GH.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
I tried both recently.
LRM has been one of the hotels that has impressed me more worldwide in terms of service. Excellent from the beginning to the end in every aspect. I was really surprised.

GH even is very good but i have been staying there always for short business stays, while LRM I enjoyed for long holiday with family.

If you are going for a beach holiday I would probably choose LRM. I know you can use their facilities from GH but still I don't see the reason to go to GH considering LRM provide it all.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Did any Plat stayed at this resort ? I'm curious what is the Plat treatment - for example, Royal Club lounge access ?

Thanks,

El Puerco Volante
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
I'm going to Dubai in November, and I'm trying to decide between Grosvenor House and Le Royal Méridien.

All of the posts here seem to be very enthusiastic about GH, but there's less info on LRM. Is GH really that much better than LRM? Or if I want a beach/pool holiday would I be better off just staying at LRM?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:37 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Be aware that earlier this month a lot of construction work was taking place on the beach directly in front of LRM with trucks driving around there and the beach closed up at parts. The beach is still open but the view is somewhat obstructed.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
I just stayed at the Grosvenor House for 1 night and having access to Level 5 Lounge (as Plat) for breakfast, lunch and dinner made it a no brainer. They have a free shuttle to take you to the LRM for beach access. I thought this was the best of both worlds. There is construction at the beach but don't let this deter you from it.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Thanks for the info.....

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
I just stayed at the Grosvenor House for 1 night and having access to Level 5 Lounge (as Plat) for breakfast, lunch and dinner made it a no brainer.
I don't have any status with any hotel chains. Is it still a better hotel without the lounge?

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
They have a free shuttle to take you to the LRM for beach access. I thought this was the best of both worlds. There is construction at the beach but don't let this deter you from it.
Does the shuttle take long? Do you have to wait around for it? Does it get packed late afternoon etc?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:15 am

I typically walk between GH and LRM - although I stay at GH
The walk is no more than 5 minutes, although you do have to cross a busy road to get there

Because of the one way system walking might be quicker than the bus.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Thanks for the info.....

I don't have any status with any hotel chains. Is it still a better hotel without the lounge?

Does the shuttle take long? Do you have to wait around for it? Does it get packed late afternoon etc?
I have not stayed at the LRM but GH is rated higher for sure. The GH features a ton more restaurants in the hotel since they have 2 towers. The shuttle takes ~10min. They run every 15min and are never completely full. I never had to wait for a 2nd shuttle.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:33 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Thanks for the info.....

Haven't stayed myself at RLM but visited several times as a day guest from the Grosvenor House.

I have received great treatment as a SPG Gold at GH and have received an apartment upgrade on one recent stay. I wouldn't see any reason to switch.

The shuttle was a 30 person small bus on my last visit. I've never had to wait.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:20 pm

No, pls. go to LMR ! to much guest in GH it is not so good for *wood members

LMR have a lot guests from tour operators (much from russia) and it is noisy resort, quality of service is not this same like in GH where thay have more business guests. If you stay in GH you can access to all places in LMR and you can put all bills LMR to your GH account. Shuttle bus every 15 minutes or walk 500m but you must cross few streets.

I was twice in LMR and nine in GH - I think you have my answer.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: EK GOLD, EY GOLD, AZ GOLD, QR SILVER, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by HHQX888
No, pls. go to LMR ! to much guest in GH it is not so good for *wood members

LMR have a lot guests from tour operators (much from russia) and it is noisy resort, quality of service is not this same like in GH where thay have more business guests. If you stay in GH you can access to all places in LMR and you can put all bills LMR to your GH account. Shuttle bus every 15 minutes or walk 500m but you must cross few streets.

I was twice in LMR and nine in GH - I think you have my answer.
Yep But you don't get access to their Caracalla Spa, for which I would personally be ready to pay a premium.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
I have stayed at both frequently in the past year or so. I am typing this from LRM at almost 230am, lying awake on New Years Eve, on the 4th night of my current stay.

Previously I would have been indifferent, as both properties were great. LRM is better for families for sure with great kids and sports/beach facilities, whereas GH is a little more Blingy/Business oriented, but great nonetheless. Both have really great club lounges for plats, but I think GH Lounge has the slight edge.

I am at LRM now and it seems that there has been an outdoor nightclub opened just outside the ground of LRM which has very loud disco music till 3/4am, so its hard to get to sleep. As it is New Year, occupancy is very high in Dubai so I am kinda stuck, so this is turning into something of a nightmare - I hardly slept since I got here.

Tonight is a low point, as being New Year, the hotel have rather kindly built a stage with a very loud disco not far from my room balcony. Now I know it is New Year, and I confess I watched the midnight fireworks and sat chatting to friends till 1am, but the hotel have seemingly decided to keep all residents awake till (probably) 3am+ listening to loud disco music.

I have complained politely the last 3 nights, trying to get quiet rooms without success. They know my Plat status, and I haven't involved my Ambassador as I figure holiday season and differing time zones make this unlikely to yield much success (plus I don't like to me a DYKWIA type), and a big part of the problem is I am here with young kids so need connecting rooms, so...I am completely trapped

I ain't staying here again frankly.
flockavelliFT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.