Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Take a Spin Sweepstakes Aug 26-Oct 10 offers 46 Daily Prizes (US residents only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Take a Spin Sweepstakes Aug 26-Oct 10 offers 46 Daily Prizes (US residents only)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by 7300ponce
Does this work on an IPAD? The globe has been going around slowly for 5 minutes now.
It works on my iPad, at least. Interestingly, the amount of time the globe spins has been different every time I've played.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
so Starpoints *are* worth 2.5 cents each.
On average yes, prob 2-2.5 cents each. They have to put a value in for tax purposes - so they err on the high side. Likely you'll get a 1099 if you win the grand prize.

However, you should never redeem for anything less than 2.5 cents. And my general rule is over 3 cents, and sometimes with C&P, I can get >4
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat
just saw this thread and clicked on the link. I won a Kate Spade bag! cool! that was random. I didn't believe it but I instantly got an email confirming it^^
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
On average yes, prob 2-2.5 cents each. They have to put a value in for tax purposes - so they err on the high side. Likely you'll get a 1099 if you win the grand prize.

However, you should never redeem for anything less than 2.5 cents. And my general rule is over 3 cents, and sometimes with C&P, I can get >4
Really you think they will give a 1099?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Yes, you will get one if you win a prize valued over the threshold amount.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Helloyellow
just saw this thread and clicked on the link. I won a Kate Spade bag! cool! that was random. I didn't believe it but I instantly got an email confirming it^^
I won 1,000 points and did not receive an email
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
You're not eligible for this offer.

Thank you, SPG!
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
"Is anyone else tired when most of the known world opts out of spg sweepstakes ?"

Originally Posted by canalskater
I live in Canada and received info that I am not eligible. Does SPG not value their Canadian customers?
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I got the email and on behalf of all Australian SPG members opted out this sweepstakes.
So how do you like it SPG when every Tom, Dick And Harry chooses to opt out of your promos?
I can understand when Starwood Hotels opt out of SPG promos when they think they have too much business, and they cant handle anything more than 100% load.

But SPG telling residents from rest of the world (except for 1 country) to opt out of a promo? This sounds really wrong.

Perhaps they could use the funds, resources and manpower to do better SPG promos for ALL their loyal customers.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Won 500 points - woot! It says the points will be credited by Oct 31.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by satori
Starwood Preferred Guest has an online ‘Take a Spin’ sweepstakes running from August 26 through October 10 with the chance daily to win an instant prize and an entry into a Grand Prize 250,000 points.

A limit of one (1) entry per person, per Starwood Preferred Guest number OR email address will be accepted per day throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Additional entries received from the same person, Starwood Preferred Guest number, OR email address in excess of the stated daily limitation will be void.

Contest is only open to US residents of the 50 states and District of Columbia. Sweepstakes T&C

Daily Instant Prizes:
There are 46 instant win prizes daily for a total of 1,978 Instant Win Prizes. These are randomly seeded daily by time throughout the Game Period.
Free Night Award One (1) Awarded Per Day. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $150 each.
  • 5,000 Starpoints. Five (5) Awarded Per Day: ARV=$125/ea.
  • 1,000 Starpoints. Ten (10) Awarded Per Day: ARV=$25/ea.
  • 500 Starpoints. Twenty-Five (25) Awarded Per Day: ARV=$12.50/ea.
  • Kate Spade new york SPG tote. Two (2) Awarded Per Day: kate spade new york SPG tote. ARV=$198/ea.

250,000 points Grand Prize will be awarded October 25, 2013. - Loyalty Traveler

Maybe tomorrow
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Helloyellow
I want, I want, I want......a Kate Spade bag.

Congratulations ! I'll keep trying.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by schley
I won 100,000 Starpoints in a contest last year and was sent a 1099. Not sure what the threshold is, but they likely won't send them for the for the Instant win prizes. But I'll guarantee they'll send one for the 250,000 grand prize winner.

My 1099 was for $2,500 (a value of 2.5 cents each).

Originally Posted by AnonymosGirl
I won 1,000 points and did not receive an email
I won 500 points and got the email right away. Hope you took a screen grab!

Originally Posted by Condition One
Won 500 points - woot! It says the points will be credited by Oct 31.
Me too! Not bad, considering there is only 25 of these a day. I'll take it
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry

I won 500 points and got the email right away. Hope you took a screen grab!

Me too! Not bad, considering there is only 25 of these a day. I'll take it
I won 500 points yesterday, too! Not bad representation by FT in the winner's circle.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I got a rock

Does everyone have their SPG number memorized? They ask you to "log in" with your SPG number, but I use a user name/Pwd to "log in" to the SPG site. Why is that never an option with these types of pages?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by CPRich
Does everyone have their SPG number memorized? .........
Can recite it backwards!

Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by canalskater
I live in Canada and received info that I am not eligible. Does SPG not value their Canadian customers?
I gave it a try too and discovered Starwood is "not eligible" for my next reservation lol.....it is what it is but too bad SPG wasn't more inclusive on offers like this. Sounds like a good promotion just bad press by excluding the rest of the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.