Broken elevator...compensation?

Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by FD1971
Did you see a mosquito somewhere close to the elevator?
I was highly upset because the bathrobe in the room didn't have the tie fed through the loops. Oh, and one of the shower curtain rings was not closed.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
OP, I'm guessing you've gotten the message by now, but just in case: No!

No compensation for you.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
LOL!!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Guess we know where all the D-Bags on FT are at tonight.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Ooooooh - whoever starts a "compensation" thread better be ready to be flamed at ! That said, if the OP had an option to change rooms but for whatever reason chose not to, then I agree no compensation is due.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Last night while I was sleeping, the lights and drapes went crazy in my room. Lights came on at least 6-7 times on its own and the drapes automatically moved twice... Was badly disturbing my sleep (and I was not having enough as it was)

It would have been impractical to move rooms in the dead of the night or do anything about it since I wanted to sleep.. Any compensation in this case?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Most likely if you talk to the manager or try sending an email to the platinum desk.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Turns out, the mosquito was trapped in the elevator for 3 days. He's SPG Platinum. And an FT'er. You should see the complaint thread he started.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I have only once ever complained about the speed of an elevator and that was at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. They pride themselves on some cutting edge computer system that drives the way the elevators work. I waited up to ten minutes in the morning trying to head down. Worst system I have ever seen.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
I feel that the color of the carpet did not matched the painting on the wall perfectly. What compensation should I ask for ?

To OP : thank for reminding me what depths the greed and sense of entitlement can reach

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
I feel that the color of the carpet did not matched the painting on the wall perfectly. What compensation should I ask for ?

To OP : thank for reminding me what depths the greed and sense of entitlement can reach

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
You can't complain if it doesn't match the painting on the wall.

Only if it doesn't match the drapes.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rooivalk
Last night while I was sleeping, the lights and drapes went crazy in my room. Lights came on at least 6-7 times on its own and the drapes automatically moved twice... Was badly disturbing my sleep (and I was not having enough as it was)

It would have been impractical to move rooms in the dead of the night or do anything about it since I wanted to sleep.. Any compensation in this case?
Did the hotel upsell the rooms where you sleep with a ghost? Then you might complain that the draperies only moved twice.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Exclamation Pigeons

No but there was a pigeon on the balcony rail this morning.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia Lumia WP8: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

To me, two key things are, how long was the elevator down, and did the hotel proactively demonstrate concern by posting a sign, or placing a letter / memo in each room, notifying guests of alternate options etc.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Aug 2, 2013 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Wirelessly posted (Nokia Lumia WP8: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

To me, two key things are, how long was the elevator down, and did the hotel proactively demonstrate concern by posting a sign, or placing a letter / memo in each room, notifying guests of alternate options etc.
I don't think that applies in this case, as the OP states she/he chose to stay in the current room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.