Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

J.D. Power hotel survey results - Starwood's low placement

J.D. Power hotel survey results - Starwood's low placement

Old Jul 26, 13, 11:23 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bob_the_d View Post
hyatt place is upscale? i split my time on SPG and hyatt so i stay at a lot of hyatt places and "upscale" wouldn't be the word i'd use to describe them...
I agree. Although the newer Hyatt Place hotels are great, the older hotels are really starting to age poorly. The HDTVs don't work well, the bathrooms are tiny & poorly ventilated in many locations & many rooms have old & loud window heater/ac units. I could go on and on, but I guess the biggest head-scratcher to me is this:

Hyatt Place became Hyatt House in January 2012, so how old is this survey?!? (Hyatt combined Hyatt Place with the often-much-worse Hyatt Summerfield Suites.)
Old Jul 27, 13, 6:04 am

As a physician, it was a reality check when I found out the highest weighted aspect of a doctors visit, according to one survey, was the quality of the office magazines!

Point is, most hotels offer decent service and reasonable accommodations. I think that it is often a matter of expectations coming in. However, I think that I also think this is a great wake-up call to Starwood corporate to help improve their customer service, and perhaps remove those ridiculous "resort fees"! The quality of the physical plant is often not an issue. I've seen too many one star reviews on Tripadvisor based on just one isolated incident...
Old Jul 27, 13, 7:19 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
This blows my mind:

Upscale: Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, SpringHill Suites

Some of these could be consider motels if the sign out front were different

Search this Thread
Search Engine: