Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel recommendation for roadtrip?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Hotel recommendation for roadtrip?

I'm about to embark on a solo drive from San Diego to Houston. I'm in no hurry so will probably stop and smell the roses along the way. Since I'm SPG Plat, I'd prefer to rest at a SPG property along the way.

Recommendations, please.

TIA
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Price range or level?

Do you mean nice properties along the highway or do you want resorts and in town hotels (with parking charges)?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If the OP is going to stick to a fairly direct route (I-8 + I-10), Starwood options are pretty much limited to Tucson and San Antonio. A little time with a combination of routing maps, be they Google or Rand McNally, and the property master threads index should give the OP the info he needs.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...read-list.html
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, guys. Aloft Tucson will be my first overnite stop; then there's no SPG en route up until San Antonio so I'm thinking of stopping in Fort Stockton on the second night. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by speedy_j
...... Any thoughts?
Yeah...you haven't left yet?

Oh, and there's no Starwood property in Fort Stockton, so you're better off asking elswhere about that.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clublounger
Yeah...you haven't left yet?

Oh, and there's no Starwood property in Fort Stockton, so you're better off asking elswhere about that.
Hehe, had too much fun at Sheraton Bangkok and LM KL so my roadtrip was stretched out..

I know there's no SPG in Stockton.... Guess I'll either do cannonball run all the way to San Antonio or settle in at the Deluxe Inn in Stockton..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.