Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Triple Benefits: a trio of tasty treats - restaurant and bars promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:07 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

http://www.spgrestaurantsandbars.com/triplebenefits

well,... mostly it is 100 additional points if 3 or more people...
we are usually only 2 so this benefit is worth nothing to me...
additional 10% on return visit is ok but also not that awesome....
best benefit i see is a complementary glass of wine *_*

any restaurant with a nice benefit ?
i only checked restaurants in Germany and Thailand so far..
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Just saw this on the St. Regis Doha's website, it seems most benefits it's for either three or four persons dining.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Yeah..right...like restaurant points actually post.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Do you have to register? I am not sure how you get the benefit. Do you just have to know?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Do you just have to know?
It looks that way, and when you get there you have to explain to the waiter that there is a benefit where you get 10% off and so and so. Then the server won't know anything your talking about and get a manager in to explain to him again.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:41 am
formerly v88matta

I see several attempts from SPG to get a restaurant loyalty program but everytime I have tried using it, the staff was very confused or did not know about it!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
It looks that way, and when you get there you have to explain to the waiter that there is a benefit where you get 10% off and so and so. Then the server won't know anything your talking about and get a manager in to explain to him again.
Actually at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay and noticed the promo displayed prominently at their restaurant. So might have some luck if others follow suit. Figured it was a hotel specific promo but I guess not.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
And then you will get the manager, like we did at the Westin Reston, who had never heard of it either, but was willing to give us at small discount as a one time gesture (after a long discussion with other guests listening).

But there are some gems out there, the waiter at Grand Bretagne took our spg-card with no questions asked, the discount was applied and spg points were posted two days later.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
one maitré knows, one not...

even if it is on the homepage of the restaurant...

and someone will fix it at the end...
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just to add that the 100 bonus points is per person, so you'd get a minimum of 300.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Yeah..right...like restaurant points actually post.
Exactly. I had to send in a copy of the receipt to SPG research. Took a few weeks, but they eventually posted afterwards.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
St Regis Singapore, LaBrezza:

I received a promotional SPG email few minutes before having a dinner at LaBrezza. Benefits highlighted on the website:

"- Tasteful savings. Enjoy 15% discount on food when you join us for lunch or dinner.
- Great comeback. Join us for a meal from July through September and get a chance to dine with us a second time with an additional 10% off your tab. Voucher valid through October 31, 2013.
- On the house. Raise your glass and enjoy a complimentary glass of house wine with your meal any day of the week. Cheers!"

Upon arrival one of the waiter said no such benefits are applicable. So I asked another one and he said it is either wine or bill. I took wine as I didn't want to argue too much but while requesting the bill, I asked for 15% discount and was told that I opted for wine hence no discount. I had to show him the website stating this benefit and after checking the waiter came back asking my SPG number (I had reservation at this restaurant beforehand as in-house guest). I told him the room number and he finally applied discount on final bill.

I didn't even intend to ask for 10% voucher as the food was mediocre and I definitely have no plans to come back (italian food prepared by Asians and Indians, no italian chief on site... go figure).

Anyway, just prepare for the hassle with this promo
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Good thing I saw this post!

We're off to Los Cabos, MX next week and I'm hopeful to be able to take advantage of this promo as the hotel we're at is listed as participating!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Staff at St Regis Singapore got finally things sorted out for this promo. No more stupid questions and I was given what I should get:

- complimentary glass of wine
- 15% discount (although I had to ask for it upon getting the bill)
- 10% comeback voucher

In fact the lady who brought me the bill said at first that I could either choose wine or 10% comeback voucher but since I opted for wine, no voucher. She came back however apologising and brining comeback voucher as well. It is called triple delights after all, right?

Now reading T&C of the comeback voucher it says that:
"Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, discounts, vouchers or loyalty program."

But triple delights highlight states:
"Great comeback. Join us for a meal from July through September and get a chance to dine with us a second time with an additional 10% off your tab. Voucher valid through October 31, 2013."

Does it mean dining next time I can get 15% + 10% off or just 15%?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
Benefits are not the same everywhere...i'll spend several weeks in a resort where the first benefit is a 10% discount on food (good!), the second one is a discount at the spa when you dine with 3 or more guests (we usually do a couple of times...not bad), and the third one looks a bit confusing:
1, 2, 3, free. Keep it coming. Purchase three main course items and the fourth is our treat

Does it mean the benefit is only valid in we take more than 3 main courses in the same meal (so again we shoud be at least a party of four), or is it acumulative during our stay....? Could please a lurker or someone clarify this? (I'm pretty sure they will have no idea at the restaurants, so it's better if I can tell them....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.