Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo: SPG Hear the Music 2013 - $50 Ticketmaster Cash / 3 Stays and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:53 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN

I'm shocked that not one of the Lurkers mentioned this:

There are even more ways to participate in Hear the Music, See the World this year. Be sure to register:

Earn a $50 Ticketmaster Cash code for every three nights you stay with SPG between April 5 and May 5, 2013. Codes are unlimited.

Get a $10 Ticketmaster Cash code for one hotel check-in on Foursquare® between April 5 and May 5. Link your SPG and Foursquare accounts and get ready to cash.in.*

Win an all expense paid music trip via "Throwback Thursday" on Instagram.
Each Thursday through May 2, tag your favorite "livin'-the-spglife" photo with #spglife and #tbt for your chance to attend your choice of one of our nine events.— hotel & airfare included.
REGISTER HERE: http://www.spg.com/hearthemusic

NOTE: The T+C make this promo way less generous than it seems, but free is still free, so ^^^ for the gap promo.

Promotion terms and conditions:

Earning: Starwood Preferred Guest® members must register online at spg.com/hearthemusic between April 5, 2013, and May 5, 2013, midnight ET (the "Promotion Period") to receive the benefits of the Hear the Music, See the World & promotion (the "Promotion"). Members can earn one (1) $50 Ticketmaster® Cash code (the "Code") for every three (3) eligible nights booked at participating Starwood hotels or resorts from April 5, 2013 through May 5, 2013 (nights do not need to be consecutive and are unlimited within the Promotion Period). All hotel stays must be completed by May 5, 2013.

Foursquare Check-in Bonus: Registered members of the Hear the Music, See the World promotion in the United States are eligible to earn one (1) $10 Code for one (1) SPG Social Check-in on Foursquare® during an eligible confirmed reservation within the Promotion Period. A member must have his or her SPG account linked to his or her Foursquare account in order to receive the $10 Code (visit spg.com/socialcheckins to link your accounts). Members must register for the Promotion and link his or her accounts before checking in on Foursquare in order to receive the $10 Code. Only one (1) SPG Social Check-in on Foursquare check-in per member per eligible stay will be awarded the $10 Code. SPG Social Check-in bonuses are eligible at all properties that participate in the SPG program. This offer is subject to the SPG Social Check-In Program Terms found at spg.com/foursquareuserterms.

Awarding of Ticketmaster® cash code: Each $50 Ticketmaster® Cash code earned during the Promotion Period will be delivered via email to the email address provided at promotion registration, approximately 5-7 days after the Promotion Period closes. Each $10 Ticketmaster® Cash code earned with an eligible Foursquare check in will be delivered to the email address provided at promotion registration, within 2-3 days after the check in posts.

Expiration Date: Ticketmaster® Cash code(s) expire December 31, 2013.

Eligible Nights: An eligible night is a night at any of the over 1,100 SPG-participating hotels and resorts paying an eligible rate during the Promotion Period. Nights do not have to be consecutive and can be accumulated across multiple stays. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. SPG-participating hotels and resorts and a description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com under program terms and conditions. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of eligible rates, but note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) are not eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.

Qualifications and Starwood Terms: All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. Starwood reserves the right to deny awarding any promotional code in the event the member fails to meet any of these Promotion Terms and Conditions. All Promotion registrations are subject to verification. To update your communication preferences or to learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries.

Foursquare Mobile "Check In" Terms: To receive a Code, you must be a registered member of the Foursquare service available at www.foursquare.com ("Foursquare"), have your SPG account linked to Foursquare and registered for the spg.com/hearthemusic promotion. If not a registered member of Foursquare, the registrant must download the free smartphone application and register for free via the smartphone application or by visiting www.foursquare.com. Registration for and use of Foursquare and other Foursquare Labs, Inc., applications are subject to Foursquare's terms and conditions, and the Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. Members must link their Foursquare and SPG accounts by visiting www.spg.com/socialcheckins ("Site"). Lastly, members must check in on Foursquare at a participating Starwood hotel location ("Location").

Other conditions of Foursquare Mobile "Check In": In order to "check in" at a participating Location, you must be inside or immediately adjacent to the Location's perimeter, use your wireless mobile device to access Foursquare and follow the system's instructions to "check in" to the location that corresponds to the Location. Foursquare Labs, Inc., has the right to verify the location of all check-ins. Entrants will be charged according to their carriers' standard messaging and data rates, and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Check your owners' manual for specific two-way mobile device instructions. Text-messaging or other functions may not be available through all wireless carriers.

If you opt to use Foursquare on your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to register for the promotion), and/or download or transmit data through your wireless mobile device, standard rates will apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this promotion. Participation in this promotion by wireless mobile device means you understand you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this promotion, including notifying you if you are a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Wireless service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device's capabilities for specific instructions.

Multiple registrations are not permitted to share the same email, wireless phone number or SPG account or Foursquare account. Any attempt by any registrant to obtain more than the stated number of Codes by using multiple email or wireless phone numbers or accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void the entrant's registration and that registrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to participate or checking in to a Location without being immediately adjacent to or inside the Location's perimeter (as determined by the SPG and/or Foursquare Labs, Inc.) is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute in regards to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the SPG account used to enter or register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant.

Ticketmaster® Cash Code(s) Terms of Use: The Code is issued by Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. ("Ticketmaster") and is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). The terms "you" or "your" mean the person to whom the Code was issued or given. Your purchase or redemption of the Code constitutes acceptance of and agreement with these Terms. Other terms and conditions may apply to tickets, venues and the Ticketmaster website. Specifically, without limitation, access to and use of products offered through the Code are subject to acceptance of the Ticketmaster website Terms of Use found here.

Each Code is redeemable only on the Ticketmaster website located at www.spg.com/LNcodes. The Code is a "one-time use only" voucher code good toward $50-off or $10-off a final ticket purchase for select events in the United States on ticketmaster.com, based on availability under this program. Code cannot be used toward VIP Nation®, TicketsNow® or Major League Baseball events, or events at AEG venues or at venues not ticketed by Ticketmaster ("on partner site" tickets), fan clubs and ticket packages. Exclusions may apply to TicketExchange™ tickets and Official Platinum Seats not sold directly by Ticketmaster. All ticket purchases are subject to the Purchase Policy found here. Code must be redeemed by 11:59 PM PT on December 31, 2013, while supplies last.

A Code can be used only once. One Code per transaction. Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Codes contain or are the result of a printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other error(s), or do not contain proper security devices (an "irregular Code"). Any attempt to obtain or generate multiple Codes and/or irregular Codes and/or to use multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any fraudulent or other non-permissible mechanisms to obtain Codes, as determined by Ticketmaster in its sole discretion, shall give Ticketmaster the right to disqualify user. The Code has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit, except as required by law. Any unused value will be forfeited. The Code cannot be sold or bought. Void if sold of exchanged for compensation. The Code cannot be combined with other product offers or promotions. Items purchased with a Code are for personal use or gifts only, and are not valid for resale. Codes cannot be used for past purchases or offers. Use of a Code for unauthorized advertising, marketing or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. The Code cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and Live Nation is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from unauthorized use. The Code is void where prohibited by law. Once tickets are issued, they cannot be exchanged for other tickets or merchandise. Other terms and conditions may apply to tickets and venues. Tickets to a particular show are not guaranteed. There may be additional service and parking fees charged for each ticket. Certain exclusions apply. If a Code is used in violation of the Code Terms of Use, Live Nation reserves the right to (a) cancel any ticket and/or merchandise order, or (b) charge user's credit card for value of tickets and/or merchandise after shipment. Use of Code subject to Code Terms of Use found at www.ticketmaster.com/starwood.

Last edited by uxb; Apr 6, 2013 at 9:00 am
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
fyi for our international members.....

The Code is a "one-time use only" voucher code good toward $50-off or $10-off a final ticket purchase for select events in the United States on ticketmaster.com, based on availability under this program.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:24 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Actually, you must redeem at spg,com/LNCodes
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
Originally Posted by uxb
Actually, you must redeem at spg,com/LNCodes
...which redirects to http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...des/index.html
and yields a "The page that you requested cannot be found."

guess it's not up, yet.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:51 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by index411
...which redirects to http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...des/index.html
and yields a "The page that you requested cannot be found."

guess it's not up, yet.
I doubt it will be up right away seeing that you need three nights to get a code; and $50 codes will not arrive until AFTER the promo period. YMMV.

Last edited by uxb; Apr 7, 2013 at 8:50 am Reason: Made change recommended by ehud
Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the post, will earn at least one cert this week.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
I doubt it will be up right away seeing that you need three stays to get a code; and $50 codes will not arrive until AFTER the promo period. YMMV.
3 nights not stays.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Hmmmm - This should mean four $50 discounts in the next month. Seems much better than what I'll get out of the double points promo.

I am concerned about the "select events" qualifier, and it's probably not godd on the various pre-sales that I often use at Ticketmaster. Still, better than not having it.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
I'm shocked that not one of the Lurkers mentioned this:

hearthemusic
Heathens the lot of them - not an artistic bone in their collective body.
Now if the promo had been free popcorn at intermission..........
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Thanks for posting the link to this promo! Just signed up
Old Apr 7, 2013, 8:52 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ehud
3 nights not stays.
Fixed. Thanks.

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Heathens the lot of them - not an artistic bone in their collective body.
Now if the promo had been free popcorn at intermission..........
Or a free calculator to keep tabs on all the points one traveller could earn in a given trimester.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Of course I didn't see this thread, and didn't receive the email until I was already 2 nights in. That will put me 1 night short of a 4th voucher by the end of this promo. Time will tell if these are worth much (i.e easily redeemed for most events, or very restrictive).
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:07 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmanirish
Of course I didn't see this thread, and didn't receive the email until I was already 2 nights in. That will put me 1 night short of a 4th voucher by the end of this promo. Time will tell if these are worth much (i.e easily redeemed for most events, or very restrictive).
Gonna go with heavily restricted.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Does this promo require that nights occur after registration, unlike the usual SPG convention that registering before the deadline means that all nights/stays during the promo period count? I don't see that restriction in the T&C, but maybe I'm missing some details here.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:42 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this promo require that nights occur after registration, unlike the usual SPG convention that registering before the deadline means that all nights/stays during the promo period count? I don't see that restriction in the T&C, but maybe I'm missing some details here.
I discovered this promo as I was on my way out of an SPG property, so not sure. Lurkers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.