Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Element does I believe, and so do some competing brands such as Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, etc
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm waiting for the first Element to open in Asia at Suzhou, China.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Actually, yes, I did go out of my way to stay at an Element property late last year (Element Lexington while staying in Boston - I even needed to rent a car specifically to get there!) in hopes of qualifying for this unpublished promo which never happened.

Looks like I'm already in the same situation for this year (I've already got 8 of 9 except Element) - don't think I'll bother (which probably means SPG will offer the promo this year! ).

-FlyerBeek
I also went out of my way for an Element last year. Oh well! It will be my one property miss this year, as I am not going to stay at the MIA Element again...just way too far out of the way for me.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Originally Posted by indecisive311
Just missing St. Regis and W. Think it's worth going for?
i did it for the first time last year and didnt get anything
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
No hotel brand offers free breakfast. You can pay for it as part of your rate or you can pay for it on a check. But it's never free.
I am referring to the free platinum breakfast amenity, which is always free, aside from the opportunity cost of not getting the 500 point amenity, I suppose. At most Starwood brands, it's also all-you-can-eat, and the ones that are not generally let you order off the menu in the restaurant with a dollar amount credit. alofts have those crappy breakfast sandwiches I suppose, although I've never been offered one as my free platinum breakfast amenity. I'm not sure I would want one even if they were offered. Granted, a few properties do push the limits of the continental breakfast, but many more offer some sort of buffet.

Even without selecting free breakfast as your amenity, breakfast is also free for Platinums at many Sheratons and Westins in the lounge, and sometimes in the restaurant if they don't have a lounge or if it is closed, such as on a weekend, although that part is not a published benefit. Sometimes at other brands too. Never seen it at an Aloft.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Has anyone completed the China Great Eight promotion? (Stay in 8 or 9 Starwood Brands) Just wrapped up my last stay - what's the "special gift" that goes along with the 15,000 points for completing Level 2?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Is this offer still live?

I might consider doing it in 2015... the chocolates look nice and the three FNAs would come in quite handy!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
Is this offer still live?

I might consider doing it in 2015... the chocolates look nice and the three FNAs would come in quite handy!
Excluding the expired Chinese promotion, this is not an "offer" or formal promotion.

The Chinese promotion, came well after the initial surprise one off that some members reported.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
all 9 brands

excuse me if there is already a thread on this....please direct me. I made the cut for Plat and also filled the bingo card on all 9 brands....any idea if there is a spiff or reward or anything?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LISAA
excuse me if there is already a thread on this....please direct me. I made the cut for Plat and also filled the bingo card on all 9 brands....any idea if there is a spiff or reward or anything?
It's too early to tell since this is an unpublished promotion that occasionally happens. I went out of my way in 2013 to stay at all the brands, and they decided not to offer anything (which is perfectly fine). In the future (2014 included), I decided not to go out of my way. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:45 pm

Don't hold your breath. Been told that that "at this time" there is nothing.

Pity. I doubt I will hit it again, since I'm always missing an Element.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Don't hold your breath. Been told that that "at this time" there is nothing.

Pity. I doubt I will hit it again, since I'm always missing an Element.
The Hotels Business is doing quite well, so doubt they will do anything, but I did happen to hit all 9 brands for 2014 (assuming my W New Orleans counts as a W even though it was re-branded LM after my stay).

Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Has anyone completed the China Great Eight promotion? (Stay in 8 or 9 Starwood Brands) Just wrapped up my last stay - what's the "special gift" that goes along with the 15,000 points for completing Level 2?
Just got an email from SPG China asking for my mailing address and contact telephone number saying that they prepared a special gift for me and wanting to confirm where to send it. The email says:

"We're appreciated that you participated in our SPG Great Eight Challenge and successfully made it. After earned five elite-qualifying nights and 15,000 bonus Starpoints, we also prepared a special gift to you, meanwhile there is further activity and luck draw for you to attend...."
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Just got an email from SPG China asking for my mailing address and contact telephone number saying that they prepared a special gift for me and wanting to confirm where to send it. The email says:

"We're appreciated that you participated in our SPG Great Eight Challenge and successfully made it. After earned five elite-qualifying nights and 15,000 bonus Starpoints, we also prepared a special gift to you, meanwhile there is further activity and luck draw for you to attend...."
Nice! Should be expecting a call then soon!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:15 am

Got my gift today. It's a Rubik's Cube with different SPG hotel brands on the different faces/squares.

There is also an insert with the package--all written in Chinese--so I have no idea what it says. Have to get this translated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.