Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Issues arising from the changes to spg hotel categories and C&P rates on 'March 5'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues arising from the changes to spg hotel categories and C&P rates on 'March 5'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP

all bkk hotels at the moment have 0 C&P availability for april.

lets hope that at 24am all hotels will have C&P availbility as promised.

dp
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by derpelikan
all bkk hotels at the moment have 0 C&P availability for april.

lets hope that at 24am all hotels will have C&P availbility as promised.

dp
There's been a mass yanking of all C&P availability for many hotels everywhere

Really stinks that they've in effect started the price increase one day early. This is the type of move I associate with UA, NOT SPG.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Yes I just noticied this for most DTW hotels, too. Just 4 hours ago, therevwas plenty. This feels like a bait and switch to me. Shame on SPG.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:30 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Anyone have problems booking regular award rates at standard levels? Looking at the Kampala Sheraton.. a day or two ago it said 7k, but now says to call. They never seemed to offer C&P rate and was hoping it was one that would at least offer the new rates.

Edit... I called and made a reservation, they said 2800 pts/night.. but my reservation confirmation shows 3500 points/nt. Though that is the New cat 3 C&P rate... not Cat 4 which the hotel is moving to.

Last edited by hauteboy; Mar 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Issues arising from the changes to categories and C&P rates on 'March 5'

Went to book LM Siem Reap under the wire and all P&C pulled.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not just C&P availability. Aloft BKK has all it's award availability yanked.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's only 7PM EST and call center is telling me the new categories have gone into effect already.

Edit: Apparently the changes are occurring on a timezone by timezone basis rather than having one trigger based in one location.

Last edited by dsquared37; Mar 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Advance notice is useless when I can't book >365 days and don't have any travel plans that require C&P rooms before that date. Guess I will just have to suck it up. The only silver lining would be increase in C&P inventory at the top properties, not holding my breath for that one.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:55 pm

SPG pulled this last year...it's not actually 3/5, but sometime on 3/4 for most of us in the USA.

Got burnt when I tried to book something at 6PM PST and it was already the next day in the system.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Issues arising from the changes to categories and C&P rates on 'March 5'

Trying to book some last minute places and see the categories already changed? It's 3 hrs till midnight est!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Trying to book some last minute places and see the categories already changed? It's 3 hrs till midnight est!
I must have been close to last to book then!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Two hotels I decided to book already shot up in cat and c&p rate.

So much for "Official 2013 Category Changes - effective 5 March 2013"..that SPG posted.

I'm kicking myself for waiting but I thought I had till midnight est.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:04 pm

Plat rep said it was suppose to be midnight hotel local time.. So SPG IT wanted to go to sleep early I guess?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I squeezed in a 5 night booking at Westin Kierland Villas at 7.25pm ET. I almost hung on to talk to Mrs User Name when she gets back from her knitting circle, but glad I didn't now!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:14 pm

My problem is since the Cat went up, the C&P rate are different. Instead of 1600 pts + $30, it's 2800 pts and $45..

The other hotels are 7k pts instead of 3k pts..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.