Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New feature : Manage your 'Verbal Password' on your spg.com profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New feature : Manage your 'Verbal Password' on your spg.com profile

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
doesnt having the verbal password online defeat the entire purpose of having a verbal password?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I can see mine listed on the SPG "My Account" profile page, in the 'Security Questions' block.
I can see four "Security Questions" but no Verbal Password.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by TerryK
I can see four "Security Questions" but no Verbal Password.
I just had another look at the security questions on my profile and Verbal Password is Question 1 of 4, which, IIRC, is where it was by default when the new additional security questions were added.

I had assumed that Verbal Password was a fixed/mandatory question, but now I can see it can be changed and overwritten by one of the other security questions. Have you, by chance, done this ?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just had another look at the security questions on my profile and Verbal Password is Question 1 of 4, which, IIRC, is where it was by default when the new additional security questions were added.

I had assumed that Verbal Password was a fixed/mandatory question, but now I can see it can be changed and overwritten by one of the other security questions. Have you, by chance, done this ?
Interesting. I might have. I am not sure.

I just checked spg.com and there is no way to change security question back to verbal password. I called SPG web support on 24th and was told someone will call me back in 24 hours. I am still waiting. I will call to change it later.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond

OK. I hate remembering passwords and I hate user names. I don't like using them. They are a pain, but I use them. If I could put my thumb on the screen then I would be happy. Today, I was forced to accept a verbal password but I couldn't see what it was. I did select my 4 security questions (more hardship and misery if you ask me) but I did not select the verbal password. It was pre-selected for me but I couldn't read the actually letters. Silly, silly, silly. Now I have to use a verbal password that I don't know and 4 security questions in order to log into my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.