FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Missing stay... or not? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1432894-missing-stay-not.html)

daslax Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Missing stay... or not?

I'm going to try to make a long story short. Booked a room with my SPG number, the day before the stay had the name changed on the res to the person I was traveling with when it looked like I wan't going to be able to go. At the last minute I was able to make it, so when I got to the hotel I went to the front desk to make sure my name was still on the record and I would get the points. They assured me that my name and SPG number were there and I should be fine.

Two weeks later, I'm not seeing any points for the stay in my account. My travel mate's name is on the folio, as is my SPG number. I called SPG to inquire and they say the points posted on 1/12 and are in my account - they read through the exact amount of points, Gold amenity, etc. And the total number of points for my account that he is showing matches what I'm seeing online. But the line items associated with this stay are nowhere to be found online, while the surrounding line items show up in both places.

So... do I just trust that the points are really in my account even though I can't see them? I don't know what my point total was before the stay, so even though our point totals agree, I can't tell if that's the right number AFTER the stay. Would my name not being on the folio prevent it from showing up online even though the points supposedly posted?

clublounger Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by daslax (Post 20142832)
I'm going to try to make a long story short. Booked a room with my SPG number, the day before the stay had the name changed on the res to the person I was traveling with when it looked like I wan't going to be able to go. At the last minute I was able to make it, so when I got to the hotel I went to the front desk to make sure my name was still on the record and I would get the points. They assured me that my name and SPG number were there and I should be fine.

Two weeks later, I'm not seeing any points for the stay in my account. My travel mate's name is on the folio, as is my SPG number. I called SPG to inquire and they say the points posted on 1/12 and are in my account - they read through the exact amount of points, Gold amenity, etc. And the total number of points for my account that he is showing matches what I'm seeing online. But the line items associated with this stay are nowhere to be found online, while the surrounding line items show up in both places.

So... do I just trust that the points are really in my account even though I can't see them? I don't know what my point total was before the stay, so even though our point totals agree, I can't tell if that's the right number AFTER the stay. Would my name not being on the folio prevent it from showing up online even though the points supposedly posted?

Compare your point balance with your point balance on your last statement.

I don't understand why the line item is not on your online account.

daslax Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 20142906)
Compare your point balance with your point balance on your last statement.

I don't understand why the line item is not on your online account.

I've never received a statement from SPG - paper or electronic. And don't see where you can find one online.

neo_781 Jan 29, 2013 9:00 am

Originally Posted by daslax (Post 20143102)
I've never received a statement from SPG - paper or electronic. And don't see where you can find one online.

There is no Statement per se, just a listing of your transactions.

After logging in go to Quick Links --> My Account --> My Recent Activity