FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG Promotions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1423168-spg-promotions.html)

saranyc Jan 2, 2013 8:13 am

SPG Promotions

Is there a good place to get all of the current and upcoming SPG promotions? For example there's the "Power Up" coming up on 1/15. There's also a Le Meridien 2k SPG bonus for stays in the US. Are there any others going on right now or coming up soon or a list of all the current/upcoming promotions somewhere? Also, I think I remember seeing a webpage where you put in your SPG number and it tells you what promotions you've been targeted for but I can't find it now? Am I imagining that or can someone please post the link?

Thanks!

KENNECTED Jan 2, 2013 8:31 am

Originally Posted by saranyc (Post 19958936)
Is there a good place to get all of the current and upcoming SPG promotions? For example there's the "Power Up" coming up on 1/15. There's also a Le Meridien 2k SPG bonus for stays in the US. Are there any others going on right now or coming up soon or a list of all the current/upcoming promotions somewhere? Also, I think I remember seeing a webpage where you put in your SPG number and it tells you what promotions you've been targeted for but I can't find it now? Am I imagining that or can someone please post the link?

Thanks!

You can look at the Promos Promos Promos thread which is stickied at the top of the forum? That, the and the FAQ/Master threads are the places you should always check first.

vandalby Jan 2, 2013 9:11 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 19959027)
You can look at the Promos Promos Promos thread which is stickied at the top of the forum?

Except, of course, that this thread hasn't been updated in a year...

I'd recommend to the OP to run a search on "promo" or "promotion" and see what pops up. If I recall correctly, the page the OP is referring to was a 3rd party site. Unfortunately, I can't remember the address either and am not sure if it's still maintained.

KENNECTED Jan 2, 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by vandalby (Post 19959262)

I'd recommend to the OP to run a search on "promo" or "promotion" and see what pops up. If I recall correctly, the page the OP is referring to was a 3rd party site. Unfortunately, I can't remember the address either and am not sure if it's still maintained.

Fair enough. However, if the OP is looking for third party sites, he/she was not clear about it.

santijs Jan 2, 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 19959027)
You can look at the Promos Promos Promos thread which is stickied at the top of the forum? That, the and the FAQ/Master threads are the places you should always check first.

Yeah, would love to see this refreshed!

365RoadWarrior Jan 2, 2013 9:24 am

Originally Posted by santijs (Post 19959329)
Yeah, would love to see this refreshed!

I'd expressed the same wish a few months ago. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to post something new, the thread is closed/locked.

margarita girl Jan 2, 2013 9:47 am

Originally Posted by vandalby (Post 19959262)

I miss SanDiego1K. :(

ihdihd Jan 2, 2013 11:31 am

Here's a website courtesy of a gentle soul that should be thanked many times over:

http://www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/starwood.html

saranyc Jan 2, 2013 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by ihdihd (Post 19960235)
Here's a website courtesy of a gentle soul that should be thanked many times over:

wow, perfect. Thanks!

Flews Jan 2, 2013 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ihdihd (Post 19960235)

It's astounding how many *wood/SPG promos are actually running at any particular time. Yet some folks freak out whenever some one off promo doesn't align with their travel patterns.

I have been consulting this link for years and have benefitted tremendously from it.

Cheers,

kmcbrid2 Jan 2, 2013 11:13 pm

Can I also recommend using the awardwallet promo tab? It may not catch all the promo's but it at least provides me promos related to all the programs I'm a member of.

falconred Jan 3, 2013 12:38 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior (Post 19959357)
I'd expressed the same wish a few months ago. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to post something new, the thread is closed/locked.

How do we get a Promo sticky back again? The mods seem to have abandoned the current one.

superdawg Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi everyone! Superdawg here, curator and founder of FFB and long time Flyertalker although my time here has become very limited due to my workload! I just wanted to drop by this post and thank everyone for the kind words about my Starwood page!

The format of the page has not changed much in the 8 years I have run FFB (and beyond if you count the SPG page on Rewards Canada) but as always I am open to any questions or suggestions to make it better, so if you have any let me know!

Forstbetrieb Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi superdawg,

may you can delete the Arabella Sheraton Hotel Seehof from your german list. It ist no more starwood and btw Davos is switzerland and not germany...

superdawg Jan 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb (Post 20026515)
Hi superdawg,

may you can delete the Arabella Sheraton Hotel Seehof from your german list. It ist no more starwood and btw Davos is switzerland and not germany...

Done! Thank you.