Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood needs better folio retrieval

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYC2TLV
Uch, this is my biggest complaint. If I am doing expenses on the road, IHG's website will allow me to access a folio, download it and submit it to my employer.

SPG needs to up their game on this one! I can't stand calling a property, being put on hold, getting voicemail, disconnected etc. This happened just last week with Westin Bonaventure in LA.
This has happened at literally my last 6 out of 7 stays. No folio emails. Hard to retrieve. Call hotel multiple times. Doesn't reflect actual expenses/points/etc. bleh.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
In this day and age, its ridiculous to not be able to access an electronic invoice on the SPG website - I didn't receive one on check out and so had to call the hotel desk and the lady there said it will take 30 minutes for the email to reach my inbox ! That statement was pretty shocking by itself. anyone from SPG listening?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
Is asking at checkout too late?
No; however, this requires you to actually check-out in person rather than just leave (whereas check-in is a required interaction already).
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by jacke
i like the way starwood stepped up its game recently. Last year i had zero stays and this year i will return to plat.

But i am disappointed in how difficult it is to retrieve information and folios from past stays. It should be trivial to look at all stays since joining starwood and download folios as pdfs.
amen

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
i will speak for myself, hhonors has self service folio retrieval online, which is great for business travelers expense accounting. Spg requires a call for every lost receipt, always a prompt response, but occassionally a wait time for the accounting department to call back.
agreed

Originally Posted by hartmann
this is definitely an area where they could improve the online experience.

Last week i was in a bit of rush when leaving my hotel and didn't go to the front desk, just walked straight to the subway. There was no way for me to retrieve the folio/bill/receipt online so the next day i had to call the front desk, ask them to send a receipt to my e-mail and wait. And wait. And wait. About four hours later an e-mail showed up in my inbox.

Allowing me to go online and see the folio per past stay would be fantastic.
true

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
^^ thankfully more and more properties are emailing folios post-stay, but i agree a consistent place (spg.com) to go anytime after for a folio would really help with filing expenses, etc. Hyatt does it with a decent degree of success.
so true

Originally Posted by jacke
no plat concierce, as i am currently ltg, in between plat years.

I contacted cs and received a pdf in a day or two. It was a good experience, but it unnecessarily wasted my time and the cs rep's time, and delayed my billing a client.
yup all too often

Originally Posted by 3piggy
i agree. For those of us who need to submit hotel folios in expense reports, i need both the hard copy and an online copy to refer to when i do my expense. Much easier if i can just go through it online.
true they make is a pita

Originally Posted by scootr29
the easiest thing to do in this situation is not stay at an spg hotel.....i have been trying to get a bill from the aloft bwi for a week. In today's business environment where everything is electronically submitted this hotel chain has dropped the ball on this...there is no excuse for them to not offer your bills online.
without this option it is becoming a joke

Originally Posted by phxonua
would be very happy to see spg offer this feature. It seems about a quarter of my stays the email folio copy does not get sent and i have to call and ask. Would be great to be able to go into my past stays and click a link for a pdf of the folio.
could work well for starwood $$$$$

Originally Posted by pricesquire
let's put it this way: I can't remember the last time i didn't have an issue retrieving a folio.
god soooo true

Originally Posted by nyc2tlv
uch, this is my biggest complaint. If i am doing expenses on the road, ihg's website will allow me to access a folio, download it and submit it to my employer.

Spg needs to up their game on this one! I can't stand calling a property, being put on hold, getting voicemail, disconnected etc. This happened just last week with westin bonaventure in la.
your experience was short!!!

Originally Posted by pricesquire
this has happened at literally my last 6 out of 7 stays. No folio emails. Hard to retrieve. Call hotel multiple times. Doesn't reflect actual expenses/points/etc. Bleh.
happens all the time

Originally Posted by gradybush
in this day and age, its ridiculous to not be able to access an electronic invoice on the spg website - i didn't receive one on check out and so had to call the hotel desk and the lady there said it will take 30 minutes for the email to reach my inbox ! That statement was pretty shocking by itself. Anyone from spg listening?
they are stuck in the past

So frustrating....Starwood are you listening?
One Starwood Rep I spoke to on the phone told me they decided not to do it for security and privacy issues.....NOT a good reason...more excuses.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
50% of the role of my Starwood Ambassador is retrieving past folios for expense reports.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I didn't think I really needed this feature - but now that I've had a few Marriott stays (every folio online afterwards) I've realized how nice a benefit it is. Would love for SPG to add.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
Its a big benefit for the Business Travelers who need the folio to expense their stay. I contacted the desk to receive it on email after check out and I got the email 16 hours after she clicked 'Send' on her console ! We do not need to look too far in the industry to see that Avis has perfected this - you get the invoice on your email the second someone scans the bar code on your rental and checks you in. Instead of promoting the fancy layouts on the SPG website, they need to get such basics done first.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by gradybush
Its a big benefit for the Business Travelers who need the folio to expense their stay. I contacted the desk to receive it on email after check out and I got the email 16 hours after she clicked 'Send' on her console ! We do not need to look too far in the industry to see that Avis has perfected this - you get the invoice on your email the second someone scans the bar code on your rental and checks you in. Instead of promoting the fancy layouts on the SPG website, they need to get such basics done first.
So true.......
.....I charged something on my Starwood Amex card over the phone.....got an email in 15 seconds from Amex telling me a "transaction was made with card not present" notice.........but yet have to call "accounting at each hotel" to get a d@mn folio...such obliviousness on Starwood's part.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:05 pm

Amazing that 5 years later this is still an issue! My Uber and Lyft rides not only automatically send copies of the billing, but have integrations in place to load the data right into my Concur app for quick expensing.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:17 pm

Last time I complained to Starwood about this (few months back) they said "due to privacy concerns.........they don't do it"

What a crock!!!
Old May 10, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tasnam
Last time I complained to Starwood about this (few months back) they said "due to privacy concerns.........they don't do it"

What a crock!!!
Marriott doesn't share the same privacy concerns apparently, so soon enough we'll be under their systems and we'll be able to download

(and getting our digital folios 48+ hours after check-out)
Old May 10, 2017, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by chrisrozon
Amazing that 5 years later this is still an issue! My Uber and Lyft rides not only automatically send copies of the billing, but have integrations in place to load the data right into my Concur app for quick expensing.
In the interim, when at the hotel just ask for the folio to be emailed.

Sounds like a "made up" answer.

What a crock!!!
Old May 10, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
In the interim, when at the hotel just ask for the folio to be emailed.

Of course!
That's what we all have to do!
Old May 10, 2017, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Of course!
Don't say or assume that a person, on FT or not, is aware that this is an option.

This is FT, just because one person or several persons knows something, that doesn't automatically mean ALL members/persons know. I can cite numerous threads on numerous topics. Examples, 4PM check out; night and stay credit on NYE; breakfast for gold members.

Just because one person is verse in a procedure or has working knowledge on operations, don't assume another person or personss program knowledge is at the same level.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Of course!
To be fair, once you've made it a habit it isn't that painful. The only times I fail to request this are when I'm rushing for a flight.

Naturally this is not the same as always getting what one asks for - I think maybe 1 in 10 times I need to follow-up with an email reminder before the hotel manages to locate and send my folio...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.