Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New SPG App for Android, launched 30 Oct 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SPG App for Android, launched 30 Oct 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:10 pm

Ultimately, I uninstalled, in favor of the SPG website. App was unstable on my Droid Incredible2. I couldn't close, so it kept consuming data usage. Can't cancel reservations (which is the only thing I'd ever need to do on short notice.) And I kept getting messages - repeated smae message - from a hotel where I had an upcoming stay (long ago cancelled).
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:54 pm
Suspended

app not updating data

The android app is not updating itself with my current account data that shows on the website. I cannot find a way to force a refresh. Is there a way to do this manually? Please don't tell McGee to log out and log in again. That's not acceptable.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
My past and future stays are mixed in random order. So I see a December stay followed by a September then an October then another Septemeber then one December and on October...
Updated to the new version and the above problem no longer exists. Thanks! ^
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Tak
I tried to book westin at Seoul, Korea using this app, but it said, we are sorry there are no hotels that match your criteria. Maybe, several countries/cities have not been loaded yet?
I received a similar message when searching for Hong Kong a short while ago.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
on my droid 4, i cant type into the search boxes with my keyboard, but i could log in just fine. tried rebooting and nada. worth noting that my on screen keyboard works just fine in those same boxes
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Ultimately, I uninstalled, in favor of the SPG website. App was unstable on my Droid Incredible2. I couldn't close, so it kept consuming data usage. Can't cancel reservations (which is the only thing I'd ever need to do on short notice.) And I kept getting messages - repeated same message - from a hotel where I had an upcoming stay (long ago cancelled).
A few more notes: on two cancelled reservations, they continued showing up after my (anticipated) arrival date came and went; two future cancellations also still showing up. Two new reservations, made through SPG website never showed up. Is there something I need to do to synch?

Clarification/Follow-up
When I go to the text listing, it's correct, just not the fancy color picture display.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:50 pm

I cannot see the reservation number nor the reservation rate under my bookings. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by heakja
I cannot see the reservation number nor the reservation rate under my bookings. Am I missing something?
You're right, I don't see it for my upcoming bookings as well. I guess it's not included, maybe they can add it in for the next update.

So far I don't have much issues with booking and retrieving the info from the App or the website.

Also, it seems we can't tell which booking is done from the web or the app. My guess is the backend systems will know.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by heakja
Same for me.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by cleanfloor
on my droid 4, i cant type into the search boxes with my keyboard, but i could log in just fine. tried rebooting and nada. worth noting that my on screen keyboard works just fine in those same boxes
Same problem with my D4. Pressing any key on the slide-out keyboard while in a search box appears to shift focus away from the search box without actually displaying the typed character.

Not a big deal to me because I only use the keyboard for things that require a lot of typing, and booking hotel rooms isn't one of those things. Definitely a bug though!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
The new update works well on my Galaxy SIII, much better than the initial release. I'm hopeful the app will just keep getting better. No more annoying "future stay" notifications showing up from "past stays", a much appreciated initial improvement.

I'm looking forward to being able to store credit card information in the app, as it is a bit of an annoyance to have to enter each time, but a note in the app promises this will be fixed in a future release.

Overall, this is going to be a great app as it improves. I've just booked a stay at the Westin Grande Bangkok with the app and I though it worked smoother (faster, less bloated) than the SPG web site (with the exception of not storing credit care info yet).

Thank You Starwood!

Last edited by starpoint_galaxy; Nov 7, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:32 am

Yep, works great on my S3 as well.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yep, works great on my S3 as well.
I downloaded to my S3 this past weekend. Works great. However, I can't get the same rates as online. For SF Palace Hotel it's showing only 1 rate, $249 - that's higher than the rack rate (not prepaid, no penalties) on the SPG website @ $189! Prepaid rate on the SPG site is $149 no cancellation. Even though there are 500 bonus points, I booked through FHR and will use my SPG Amex to maximize points this time. Also, this hotel is not part of the Better By the Night promo so no double points.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by juniorwings
I downloaded to my S3 this past weekend. Works great. However, I can't get the same rates as online. For SF Palace Hotel it's showing only 1 rate, $249 - that's higher than the rack rate (not prepaid, no penalties) on the SPG website @ $189! Prepaid rate on the SPG site is $149 no cancellation. Even though there are 500 bonus points, I booked through FHR and will use my SPG Amex to maximize points this time. Also, this hotel is not part of the Better By the Night promo so no double points.

Am I doing something wrong?
I checked via the website and it shows $249 as pre-paid rate. Which dates did you pick?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:17 pm

I like the app overall but reading all these issues makes me wonder about how rigorous the pre release testing is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.