Wiki Posts
Search

Hear the Music...Ben Folds in NYC, Oct 12th

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
Hear the Music...Ben Folds in NYC, Oct 12th

I just grabbed tickets for this show on Oct 12th from SPG Moments. I went to the Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls) show last year in NYC and it was an awesome event...several hours of top-shelf open bar, trays of really nice "SPG Signature" cocktails, and passed appetizers that were heavy enough to replace dinner that night. Great crowd, awesome venue, and well-run by SPG. Expecting more of the same this year...definitely worth 10k points for admission for two people.

Any other FT'ers making it? Only concern is about the hotel...the Westin Grand Central is just opening Oct 1st, so probably will still be working through some opening issues two weeks later.

The stage is set for an SPG(R) members-only performance by Ben Folds Five at the soon-to-be flagship Westin New York at Grand Central. This event is part of our "Hear the Music, See the World" series of exclusive concerts at locations around the world, celebrating Starwood's nine distinctive brands. Joined by fellow SPG members, you and a friend will enjoy premium tickets to an intimate performance by Ben Folds Five at The Westin Grand Central, followed by a cocktail reception.

This SPG Moments: Hear the Music, See the World package includes:

Two (2) premium tickets to an SPG members-only show by Ben Folds Five at The Westin Grand Central
Cocktail reception including food & beverages
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by 76toPHL
Only concern is about the hotel...the Westin Grand Central is just opening Oct 1st, so probably will still be working through some opening issues two weeks later.
Don't worry, the property is going to be ready ... it's just a rename after the reno is complete. It's the NY Hemsley.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy - LIFETIME!!! Titanium ; AA - Platinum 2 Million Miler;
My wife and I are incredibly excited for this show. We just confirmed our auction this afternoon. Only eight left at this point. How many people do you estimate will be attending? Will it be a full length show? We are HUGE BFF fans.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Never used these awards but can I redeem these for someone else? Jason Marz packages are CHEAP for some cities.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:29 am

See you there

I'll be attending this with my wife, and spending the night at the venue hotel.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Never used these awards but can I redeem these for someone else? Jason Marz packages are CHEAP for some cities.
Sure.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I feel like I must be missing something, but - what time is this show? I don't see it on the Moments description page...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:39 pm

Not sure but I should be hearing from a Moments representative tomorrow.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
FlyMeHomeAA, if you wouldn't mind letting me know what time the show is once you hear back, I would certainly appreciate it. I already have plans to travel to NYC that evening, but wouldn't be in town until 7PM or so - if the show is after that, I certainly would love to go.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I will be attending also...was already planning a NY trip just waiting to find out when the ben folds show was...staying at the westin for a week...they sold 50 packages which means 100 people. There will probably be somewhat more than that but i doubt it would be more than a few hundred?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
My husband and I will be attending as well - we're huge Ben Folds fans!

Maybe once we know the time we can plan a pre-concert mini-meetup!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:22 am

Anybody receive any further details yet, other than, "we are working on the US Open Event but will get to the details as soon as we can?"
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
I received the same response, unfortunately.

Someone at SPG was able to put me in touch with the Sales Manager at the Westin, who seemed similarly concerned, since she has been asking the same question, and getting the same response. She did say, however, that based on what information she *does* have, we could most likely anticipate an "evening concert", probably "around 7", but stressed that she really couldn't confirm anything definite.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
For comparison, here is the itinerary for the Moments concert we attended at the W Union Square last year:

7:30pm - Arrival
7:30pm - 8:30pm - Cocktail Hour/Reception
9:00pm - Performance Begins
9:45pm - Performance Ends
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by 76toPHL
For comparison, here is the itinerary for the Moments concert we attended at the W Union Square last year:

7:30pm - Arrival
7:30pm - 8:30pm - Cocktail Hour/Reception
9:00pm - Performance Begins
9:45pm - Performance Ends
Seriously? Only 45 min? Unless it was a middle school band concert, I would be disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.