Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Mattress?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Mattress?

I have spent the last half hour reading all the threads on this topic but at no point did anyone actually identify what the mattress is. I am pretty much certain they just rebranded an existing Simmons Beautyrest (or other) and then try to charge 40% more for it on their hotels at home web site.

I would like to get the mattress direct from a mattress store, which no doubt will have the exact same thing for far less than $1700 (standard king) and can get the thing to me MUCH faster than 6 to 8 weeks (!!).

Usually mattresses are delivered in a couple days at the very most. I am moving into my place on August 1 and simply can't sit aorund for two months while they overcharge me and take 10x longer.

I am sitting on a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattress as I write this. The front desk doesn't have a clue. The label says Simmons Beautyrest, Euro Top with "EverNu" ... from the "Hospitality Collection". This is the rebranded name. Hospitality Collection.

Im wondering exactly which Simmons mattress this is ...

Anyone know?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:35 pm

Would love to know as well. This mattress rocks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:06 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As more assistance to the OP is likely to come from readers of the Starwood Preferred Guest forum, I'll move this thread there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:04 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Have you tried going to Simmons website and send a message to their Customer Service? That might get you the info you want.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
Have you tried going to Simmons website and send a message to their Customer Service? That might get you the info you want.
I doubt it. Mattress companies rebrand their mattresses with different names so that customers can't do comparison shopping. Frustrating, but I can understand they dont want to turn it into a commodity business. Good luck!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by atjsfo
I doubt it. Mattress companies rebrand their mattresses with different names so that customers can't do comparison shopping. Frustrating, but I can understand they dont want to turn it into a commodity business. Good luck!
A simple correct phrasing of the question should provide enough cover for a good employee. Such as "I know that you guys produce the Sweet Sleeper mattresses for Sheraton Hotels, if I wanted to duplicate that experience, any idea which version of your mattresses I should try in a retail store?" - and then go check them out. Can't hurt.

Of course, that comes from a proud owner of the W bed bought at a heavy discount from their onine store.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:14 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Details!!!!!

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Of course, that comes from a proud owner of the W bed bought at a heavy discount from their onine store.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by wharvey
Details!!!!!
I think there's a thread here dedicated to when the W discount is alive - I want to say I paid 40-60% off - can't remember exactly. It was still not cheap but it's the best bed I've ever slept in.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
This is so interesting. I had no idea that they actually sold the mattresses they had branded and produced for their hotels. I would be interested in knowing more about this for the next time we're on the market for new mattresses.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Here's the thread with the information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ay-2012-a.html

Even with this discount, these beds are marked up by a ridiculous factor (and that goes for just about any elite bed on the market).
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Okay, well I managed to call a couple mattress stores. Being in Miami, I was lucky to get someone who even understood my question. But finally found a store where the lady was familiar with sweet sleepers. She pretty much told me, and I think she was guessing, that they probably just pick the cheapest Simmons Beautyrest available. She had no evidence to back that assumption, but her logic was that they need to buy a lot of them, so they are not going to buy top-of-the-line. Right now, the top-of-the-line Simmons Beautyrest is called the "Black". This model can reach up to $2000 or more. However, the low end version called the "Cassic" goes for only $690 for a standard king.

I will post photos of this mattress tomorrow. It is actually referenced as the "Sweet Sleeper II". Which is the newest version of the sweet sleeper. Several other threads on this topic, have commented that the sweet sweeper is actually a Sealy. But this one is a Simmons.

Now that I know the Simmons Beautyrest price range is $690-$2000, I don't feel so bad about the $1700. But I'm still quite sure there is a huge markup. The deal killer for me is the absurd 6 to 8 week delivery time. That's just vulgar
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Rogers

I tried a S.B.R at Macy's that came vey close to my Sheraton mattress experience. Is a firm mattress w/ a pillow top that runs about $1800 King (on sale). This is not one of the black mattresses which is more expensive . I beleive the name is Rogers. Give that a try and see what you think. I am waiting for the "best price of the year sale".
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBurger
Okay, well I managed to call a couple mattress stores. Being in Miami, I was lucky to get someone who even understood my question. But finally found a store where the lady was familiar with sweet sleepers. She pretty much told me, and I think she was guessing, that they probably just pick the cheapest Simmons Beautyrest available. She had no evidence to back that assumption, but her logic was that they need to buy a lot of them, so they are not going to buy top-of-the-line. Right now, the top-of-the-line Simmons Beautyrest is called the "Black". This model can reach up to $2000 or more. However, the low end version called the "Cassic" goes for only $690 for a standard king.

I will post photos of this mattress tomorrow. It is actually referenced as the "Sweet Sleeper II". Which is the newest version of the sweet sleeper. Several other threads on this topic, have commented that the sweet sweeper is actually a Sealy. But this one is a Simmons.

Now that I know the Simmons Beautyrest price range is $690-$2000, I don't feel so bad about the $1700. But I'm still quite sure there is a huge markup. The deal killer for me is the absurd 6 to 8 week delivery time. That's just vulgar
The Simmons Black Tara retails for about $7K. You can get it on sale for about 50-60% off. The Classic Oakridge is priced around $1K for a king. The new TruEnergy mattresses (the ones on television) are slightly cheaper than the Black line.

Hotel mattresses are contracted directly with Simmons (or another manufacturer) and usually are cheaper quality than what you'd find in a retail store. hotelfanatic posted about the BeautyRest Elite Rogers, which is very likely the updated version of what Sheraton offers.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Here are the pictures of my mattress.

I suppose I could bring these to a mattress store ...

Interesting the zipper on the pillow top ... hmmm....

Wow this site doesnt allow image attachments?

Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Nice pictures. I did see the zipper on my recent stay at the Denver Sheraton (or was it the Westin Hemsley??). But I doubt you will find that option in the store.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jul 25, 2012 at 8:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.