Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Very strange "package" from Sheraton Orlando North

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by oupiglet
I just dropped this off along with a printout of this entire thread. Minerva works in the sales department and the package was put in her box by the front desk clerk. I hope that Minerva enjoys her treat and stops in here to say hello!
Excellent. Thank you. I hope that Minerva honors us with a reply!

-David
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:39 pm

This thread is hilarious! Many years ago I was driving 3 elderly aunts from the east coast of Georgia to Birmingham, AL. The "boss" of the 3 made travel arrangements and decided we would only drive to Albany, Georgia before stopping to spend the night. Well, since they wanted to leave home at 7 a.m., we arrived in Albany before noon. I tried to persuade them to continue at least 2 - 3 hours, but no siree, we were stopping where she had made reservations.

So, she checks the 4 of us in and we go to the room where she unlocks and opens the door. Immediately we hear screams --- 3 maids were sitting on the beds enjoying their lunch. I'm still not sure which group was the more surprised.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Why do I think that this thread will be going strong decades from now?

Mike
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Why do I think that this thread will be going strong decades from now?

Mike
I think *wood should consider launching the annual 'Minerva' award for the most interesting stays of the year at a *wood property!

Cheers,
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Personally, I think this thread, and the actions it has spawned, is bordering on harrassment.

Leave the woman alone.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold

Too funny. I also like the way OP handled this gracefully. I can imagine someone else going ballistic over this demanding some huge compensation from Starwood.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

Last edited by AJLondon; Jul 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm Reason: Changed my mind!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Flews
I think *wood should consider launching the annual 'Minerva' award for the most interesting stays of the year at a *wood property!

Cheers,
I agree with you. On January 1, I will start the thread for the Minerva award. We'll determine a voting structure at that point. Everyone who wants to enter leaves their story and a celebrity judge will choose four to vote on. Winner gets to hold the prize, the ever-valuable Golden Spork.

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by clublounger
Personally, I think this thread, and the actions it has spawned, is bordering on harrassment.

Leave the woman alone.
say what? has anyone contacted her, other than dropping off the cookies along with a copy of this thread?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just came across this thread....hilarious....just the right kind of thread to start your day with....
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
This might be the funniest thread I have ever seen on Flyertalk. I live near Orlando and thought about that hotel for a mattress run, I did not know that it came with lunch!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:16 pm

Was considering a few stays here, and this is the thread Google finds me! This is glorious, but is almost entirely unhelpful to me =p
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by synergistic
Was considering a few stays here, and this is the thread Google finds me! This is glorious, but is almost entirely unhelpful to me =p
Make sure to get your free cookies if you stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.