Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lampung, Sumatra

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sheraton Lampung, Sumatra

Spent 4 nights at the Sheraton Lampung in Southern Sumatra.
You are at the very tip of Sumatra and pretty close - at least on the map - to the straits separating the island from Java. The famous Krakatoa volcano can be reached within a few hours by car followed by a ferry/fishing boat.

The hotel has a steady long-term business patronage from the coffee bean industry coupled with the local getaway resort crowd.

Do note that Bandar Lampung airport is almost an hour drive to the Sheraton. There is a small Sheraton lounge at the airport (nice touch) and the hotel will pick you up for 150k rupiah. I was charged 120k but was told the rate went up to 150k on the day of my arrival. I hope I was not the cause of this inflation.

The hotel has a very nice resort feel to it. The layout is that of a Balinese courtyard/garden with a nice pool. All in all very relaxing.

The first night and a pleasant surprise. There was a cocktail party with a local dance by invitation from the GM. Apparently I lucked out as a long-term guest told me the last time he attended one was...well, he could not remember exactly.

Got an upgrade to a suite but not without a little prodding. The suite was quite nice. If you do not require the extra space, a pool room on the first floor is a good alternative.

The hotel service was beyond reproach - terrific. Everyone was very sweet and very helpful.

The (one) hotel restaurant was good but the bakery was the real surprise. Deserts par excellence. Tried one of each

Flying seems the only practical way to get out of Lampung. The ferry to Jakarta is very slow and the terminal far away. Lots of flights thou.

There is also a flight to Batam if you want to escape to Singapore or Johor in Malaysia.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Cat1

Interesting writeup, thanks! ^

I checked the pictures and I can't believe this is a Category 1 property. Looks like great value.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Just spent a couple of nights at the Sheraton lampung. Upon arrival at the hotel, 2 porters came to greet us, and immediately took the bags. The check in was really fast, the F.O. Manager, Mr. Rudi Setiawan came to greet us. Was upgrade due to Plat status. And within minutes we were in the room, with the AC already turned on. The layout of the hotel is almost identical to Sheraton Bandung and Sheraton Lombok.

Breakast was quite adequate, considering the room rate was only about $60 per night. The grounds were well kept, service was excellent. The hotel rooms surely could do with a renovation, but it does have a rustic charm to it. Basically if a glitzy new glass and metal, highrise hotel is what you are looking for, then this is not the hotel to stay at. However, if you are looking for a laid back, coconut trees, lush green surroundings, then this is your hotel in Lampung. It is only a quick 30 minutes plane ride from the overcrowded Jakarta.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Any recent reviews on this property?

Is there a beach? Lounge?
Old May 26, 2017, 11:07 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Haven't been there but there is no lounge for sure. There are some beaches but not close to the hotel. I looked into this hotel a couple of times but always choose other destinations which looked more interesting.
4P Manado opened up this year in North Sulawesi
​​​
Old May 28, 2017, 3:36 am

It's been a while since I visited this property, but there us no lounge. Also while Bandar Lampung is on the coast, there are no beaches. The closest are 30-40 km away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.