Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Bonus Beginnings Promo : Bonus Starpoints or Free Night (Targetted)

Old May 8, 12, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Just got this offer in my email.

The bonus is just the beginning.

Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by June 30, 2012, then complete a stay between May 1, 2012, and June 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 5,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–6 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today.

Not sure why I got it, but my wife's account didn't. But I'll take it! Looks like the best offer of this type I've seen with SPG (I saw 4000 points or $50 GC somewhere else). Also appears to be targeted, put in my wife's account number on the site, but said she wasn't eligible for the offer.
Old May 8, 12, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
The obvious question is, did you just join SPG or have you been an active member for years?
Old May 8, 12, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Skywards Gold
Hmm, My wife had recieved almost the same email, she signed up for SPG months ago but never stayed yet.

Although her's is different.

Register by June 30, then complete a stay between May 1 to June 30 and you'll recieve your choice of 3000 Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Catagory 1-5 Hotel or Resort.

T&C's says the night can be redeemable thorugh June 30th, 2013.

Last edited by LovetoTravel83; May 8, 12 at 11:47 pm
Old May 9, 12, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by irleetnoob View Post

Now that you've joined SPG®, you know that every stay gets you closer to Free Night Awards and other amazing benefits.

Here's a great offer to get things going: Register by June 30, 2012, then complete a stay between May 1, 2012, and June 30, 2012, and you'll receive your choice of 5,000 bonus Starpoints or a Free Night Award at a Category 1–6 hotel or resort.

Check out, and then check in to, any of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across nine brands — including W®, Le Méridien®, Westin® and Sheraton®. Clear your calendar and start packing.

Register at spg.com/bonusbeginnings to get started and book your next stay today.

Not sure why I got it, but my wife's account didn't. But I'll take it! Looks like the best offer of this type I've seen with SPG (I saw 4000 points or $50 GC somewhere else). Also appears to be targeted, put in my wife's account number on the site, but said she wasn't eligible for the offer.
I got the same offer today, was wondering out of the 2 options of staying a free night in cat1-6 or a 5000 points which is a better choice.
Any opinions would help.
Old May 9, 12, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flyer31 View Post
I got the same offer today, was wondering out of the 2 options of staying a free night in cat1-6 or a 5000 points which is a better choice.
Any opinions would help.
Don't even think about it. Take the free night.
Old May 9, 12, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
thanks so much.
Old May 9, 12, 8:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat
2000 or $25

My friend got an offer of 2000 points or $25 credit after 1 stay.

joined SPG 1 month ago and haven't got any stay or booking.
Old May 9, 12, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
Definitely. Normally I say points over nights, but 5000 points versus 20,000 for a Cat 6 makes it a no contest.
Old May 9, 12, 9:04 am

Programs: DL GM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Platinum
Hmmm...I joined about a month ago and I'm not eligible. Wonder what the criteria are?
Old May 9, 12, 9:53 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry

Unfortunate... definitely not for new people. It say's I'm not eligible. Thanks for the link though.
Old May 9, 12, 10:18 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
I got the 4000 points or $50 offer

Does anyone know if I can stack the offers up? I am registered for the bonus beginnings offer, does that mean I can book it via the 15% off with MasterCard offer in South American AND book the SPG breakfast offer which seems to offer the same rate but includes breakfast.
Old May 9, 12, 10:33 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
I got the 4000 points or $50 offer

Does anyone know if I can stack the offers up? I am registered for the bonus beginnings offer, does that mean I can book it via the 15% off with MasterCard offer in South American AND book the SPG breakfast offer which seems to offer the same rate but includes breakfast.
If it's between $50 SPG credit or 4K points, I'd definitely take the points.

This offer should stack with the packages that you are referring to. I would assume it also stacks with the "be choosy" promo
Old May 9, 12, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
The obvious question is, did you just join SPG or have you been an active member for years?
Been a member for...almost a year. Never had any stays on this account though.
Old May 9, 12, 11:17 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Originally Posted by bouncingbug View Post
If it's between $50 SPG credit or 4K points, I'd definitely take the points.

This offer should stack with the packages that you are referring to. I would assume it also stacks with the "be choosy" promo
Thanks for the advice and tip, "be choosy" doesn't really do me any favours, I am not a habitual hotel stay person but would be cool if I were
Old May 9, 12, 11:37 am

Programs: All of the Above
Been a member for...almost a year. Never had any stays on this account though.
Ditto for the Mrs. account, but no dice on the offer. She's been a member since July, with 0 stays (since we put them all under my #).

Search this Thread