Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Next SPG 2012 Promotion (Pre-official-announcement discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next SPG 2012 Promotion (Pre-official-announcement discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mrredskin
via FB:

Nice news: You know when, so let’s share some SPG Nice Choice promo offer details. You’ll have 11 different options, something for every traveler. Starpoints. Free Nights. Merchandise Discounts. Elite Credit. One option: Double Starpoints beginning with 2nd stay. No limits. Register May 1st at spg.com/nicechoice
11 options, and today is April 20th. So if they reveal one option per day that takes us to May 1st.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:26 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by mrredskin
via FB:

Nice news: You know when, so let’s share some SPG Nice Choice promo offer details. You’ll have 11 different options, something for every traveler. Starpoints. Free Nights. Merchandise Discounts. Elite Credit. One option: Double Starpoints beginning with 2nd stay. No limits. Register May 1st at spg.com/nicechoice
Merchandise discounts? Srsly? I'm not in front of my crystal ball at the moment, but I foresee that being the choice for a good portion of W and Westin hotels.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, SPG-Plat100, Marriott-Plat
Hoping there is no category restrictions on Free nights and apply at resorts too !!!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: SWA A+ & CP, Delta GM, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Plat, HH Diamond
If they do not fully announce the details soon I will be forced to plan my May stays/nights at Hilton. If that happens my next entry point will run up against Hyatt's next promo (which is my preferred brand).
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Here are the details I got today.

Choose your own earning period (You can only choose one)

May- July
June- August
July- September

Choose whatever you want to earn during (You can only choose one)

Starpoints
Awards (Free Nights & Redemption discounts)
Merchandise discounts
Elite Credit

*There is no switching of registration codes or earning periods after registration. No exceptions.
* Registration from May 1- June 30, 2012

Here is a summary of the offers:

Starpoints Offers

Double Points beginning with 2nd stay. No limits.
Every 6 nights, get 3k Starpoints (max of 9k)
Earn 500 bonus Starpoints per night at Sheratons worldwide (no limits). Online-bookings ONLY
Stay 15 nights, get Triple Starpoints on all stays retroactively. No limits.

Awards Offers

10 nights, get 1 Free Weekend Night (cat 1-5). Max of 2 Awards. Weekends are Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun.
Stay 20 nights, get 1 25% percent off redemption Award (cat 1-5). Max of 2 Awards

Merchandise Awards -

Stay 4 nights; get US$50 SPG Award Cert (max of 3)
Stay 4 nights; get $50 or EUR50 Westin @ home discount code (max of 3)
Stay 4 nights, get $50 or EUR50 Sheraton @ home discount code (max of 3)

Elite status

Stay 5 nights, earn 1 bonus night toward elite status (max of 3 elite qualifying nights).
Stay 10 nights, earn 3 bonus nights toward elite status (max of 6 nights).

Last edited by LovetoTravel83; Apr 20, 2012 at 7:29 pm
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:26 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Here is the details I got today.
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Gonna have to do some thinking.

Last edited by uxb; Apr 20, 2012 at 7:34 pm
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:31 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Here are the details I got today.
Thank you for sharing.
If this is true, then all I have to say is LOL. Stay 10, get 1 weekend night in Cat 1-5? Just LOL. Forget SPG.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:36 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by WAS
Thank you for sharing.
If this is true, then all I have to say is LOL. Stay 10, get 1 weekend night in Cat 1-5? Just LOL. Forget SPG.
Triple Starpoints retroactively after 15 nights seems to be the most valuable of all of the options. However, I thought we weren't going to be locked into one choice for the entire promo period.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by WAS
Thank you for sharing.
Indeed. And from what we have seen so far, I think what is posted is correct. One free cat 1-5 night for 10 nights stay is - truly - awful.

Triple points on 15 nights is also pretty grim. At my average of $150 a night that's 300 points a night * 15 = 4,500 base so 13,500 bonus. So one cat 5 night night plus change.

Basically a lot of mumbo jumbo to obfuscate poor offerings and extend the period where individuals cannot get promos.

Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:38 pm

Thanks much! I had my mind set on elite credit, but the ratios are less than overwhelming -- 1/5 and 3/10. It's interesting to me that every offer is nights not stay based, except for the double starpoints.

Triple starpoints looks best to me, although it's going to be close whether I can get the 15 nights. I wonder if award nights will count toward the 15 -- have they in the past for similar promos?

And, just to be clear, double points typically means 5x for elite and triple is 7x?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Basically a lot of mumbo jumbo to obfuscate poor offerings and extend the period where individuals cannot get promos.
That's umpossible. I was promised this would be an "industry first"!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: A few
there is no history of award nights counting for promos as award stays have counted for nought historically

double points typically means double base points. so you get 4x base instead of 2x. no doubling of elite bonuses
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I fear that's way too detailed of information to be fake, but I'm really hoping it is. That promo is pretty bad if true.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
This one's going to require a calculator and some maths.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I fear that's way too detailed of information to be fake, but I'm really hoping it is. That promo is pretty bad if true.
My thoughts exactly. I can understand the shift towards nights but these requirements are just too high to make anything worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.