Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:53 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
50% more dividend miles

Get 50% more miles for a limited time*

Convert your hotel points into miles today

Did you know you can convert your unused or unwanted hotel points into Dividend Miles? Convert a few miles, or convert them all. Redeem them for First Class upgrades or take an exciting family vacation – it’s up to you! Let US help you get where you want to go.

And for a limited time get a 50% bonus when you convert your points to miles with participating hotel partners. Hurry, this offer ends March 31, 2012.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid..._to_miles.html

can convert points from all major hotel programs
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Thanks.

US Air had run this 50% extra promotion 2 summers ago, and also 3 summers ago. Didn't seem to have seen it last summer.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:54 pm

Does this translate to 37,500 dividend miles for every 20,000 SPG points transferred after the 5,000 bonus that SPG awards with the 20,000 point blocks?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by vulches
Does this translate to 37,500 dividend miles for every 20,000 SPG points transferred after the 5,000 bonus that SPG awards with the 20,000 point blocks?
Yes
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:23 am
Suspended

Even at this promotional exchange rate, I still value SPG points far more than US Airways miles.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
This is a great deal. Was waiting for it to be offered again for some time. Transferred 60k SPG yesterday for the 112,500 US miles. I'd like to move more, but there appears to be some confusion regarding whether you will receive the 50% US bonus on multiple transfers.

From the T&C:

Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
This is a great deal. Was waiting for it to be offered again for some time. Transferred 60k SPG yesterday for the 112,500 US miles. I'd like to move more, but there appears to be some confusion regarding whether you will receive the 50% US bonus on multiple transfers.

From the T&C:

Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion.
What's confusing about this?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
What's confusing about this?
One bonus per transfer? One bonus for all transfers (posted together)? One bonus regardless of how many transfers? Considering that A) they've never limited the number of transfers you would receive a bonus on previously, and B) the more hotel points people transfer the more money US makes, would make you think they are not intending to limit how many points a single individual converts to US miles.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:52 am

One bonus per transfer? One bonus for all transfers (posted together)? One bonus regardless of how many transfers? Considering that A) they've never limited the number of transfers you would receive a bonus on previously, and B) the more hotel points people transfer the more money US makes, would make you think they are not intending to limit how many points a single individual converts to US miles.
I agree this is confusing as it could be construed in any of the ways you pointed out. I was actually looking at getting rid of a bunch of Choice Hotels points that I accumulated during the weird point sale they had last year. I don't know much about dividend miles or the star alliance. Can they be easily used on partner airlines or is it limited or a PITA?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:24 am

I guess I could see that.

I think the "one bonus" phrase is associated with Dividend Members because of the use of "when". If it was associated with transfer they SHOULD have used "per".

... my two cents.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by vulches
I agree this is confusing as it could be construed in any of the ways you pointed out. I was actually looking at getting rid of a bunch of Choice Hotels points that I accumulated during the weird point sale they had last year. I don't know much about dividend miles or the star alliance. Can they be easily used on partner airlines or is it limited or a PITA?
Personally I find it to be the best way to get *A rewards. Since SPG doesn't play nice with UA (lousy 2:1 redemption) transferring to US is the obvious choice. I then use one of several options (ANA tool has worked well for me) to check *A inventory...and once I find what I want I call US to book the partner award reservation. I do generally get placed on hold for them to determine the taxes which sometimes takes longer than I would expect, and then they never email me the confirmation on the first try...but these gripes aside I've been very happy with the redemption value. 60k SPG is more than enough for a J ticket to Europe or North Asia and nearly enough for F when this promotion is running.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:57 am

Personally I find it to be the best way to get *A rewards. Since SPG doesn't play nice with UA (lousy 2:1 redemption) transferring to US is the obvious choice. I then use one of several options (ANA tool has worked well for me) to check *A inventory...and once I find what I want I call US to book the partner award reservation. I do generally get placed on hold for them to determine the taxes which sometimes takes longer than I would expect, and then they never email me the confirmation on the first try...but these gripes aside I've been very happy with the redemption value. 60k SPG is more than enough for a J ticket to Europe or North Asia and nearly enough for F when this promotion is running.
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing the UA reps won't have a clue about the "one bonus" language, but I am reading it as one bonus for each transfer (i.e., you can't get some other bonus they might have available). We'll see how it goes with these Choice Hotels points that were going to expire at the end of 2012. I just hope they can get the transfers processed quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.